Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 124. (Read 163654 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
September 18, 2015, 10:41:01 AM
Guys there is going to be a wallet update in the next few days, to clean up some small bugs. So Presstab and I are fully aware of the issues. Thank you for your patience.

Vegas

Thanks vegasguy
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
September 18, 2015, 10:17:03 AM
Guys there is going to be a wallet update in the next few days, to clean up some small bugs. So Presstab and I are fully aware of the issues. Thank you for your patience.

September 18, 2015, 10:01:14 AM
Hello.
I need some help to understand what is going on.
I have in my wallet the message below:

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.
Estimated next stake in 0 - 0 seconds.

My wallet is showing the exact same thing

Same here.

Regards
Freddy

Weight is equal to age minus 7 days multiplied by the amount of coins. This means a 0.5 output is 1 weight after 9 days.

And how about this?
Network wight is 0.

U know, that u need 7 days before staking?

yes, I bought a few coins  Wink
they are mature, in the coin control (0.00000 days to stake)
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
September 18, 2015, 09:56:43 AM
Hello.

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.

Same here.

Regards
Freddy

Weight is equal to age minus 7 days multiplied by the amount of coins. This means a 0.5 output is 1 weight after 9 days.

And how about this?
Network wight is 0.

U know, that u need 7 days before staking?
September 18, 2015, 09:54:17 AM
Hello.

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.

Same here.

Regards
Freddy

And how about this?
Network wight is 0.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
September 18, 2015, 09:37:18 AM
Hello.

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.

Same here.

Regards
Freddy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
September 18, 2015, 08:58:46 AM
Hello.

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.

Same here.

Regards
Freddy
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
September 18, 2015, 08:49:23 AM
Hello.

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.

September 18, 2015, 07:13:34 AM
Hello.

Minting.
Your weight is 1.
Network wight is 0.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
September 18, 2015, 05:59:28 AM
You guys are aware of the massive fees to use stakeblock? I just tried to split 2000 coins and fees where 200 FLY  Huh

Crest mentioned in post #419 so I went back to check since I used splitblock
and I was only charged .5??? In fact, I used it twice at 0.5 FLY each time.
Split whole 19,000 Fly in one split to many blocks then, did again
since I confirmed only .5 fly to do and read presstab recommended smaller blocks than I did..

If some are getting charged 200 FLY then, it needs addressed quickly. But you know.

When porting over the code, I wasn't quite finished with all my changes and checks, all good though because it is only cosmetic.

the src folder in wallet.cpp line 1793

nFeeRet = COIN * 0.05;

This means it will charge 0.05 Coins.

But in src/qt folder in coincontroldialog.cpp line 619 it states for Splitblock

nPayFee = COIN * 200;

This means it will display that you will pay 200 Coins.

So in coincontroldialog it states that you will be charged 200 Coins (as display) but in wallet.cpp is where the actual fee is handled it will charge you 0.05 Coins which is correct and will handle up to 50 inputs or so.
legendary
September 18, 2015, 05:36:40 AM
Just a reminder, you may possibly need a hardfork for the Stake modifier interval since it seems quite long.

The Stake modifier in main.cpp is

unsigned int nModifierInterval = 17150;

That equals 4.7638 hours but that is fairly long so if you have a bunch of stake weight hitting the network, you may see some long Block times afterwards.

Maybe make a note of some of the things I've come across and we can do a fix for all of it in one go since you've mentioned you also want to change the links and should also change the themes to suite as well.

The stake interval should be fine, it just means that it changes the modifier about once every 7 days. There should be no reason to fork the coin because of this, unless network weight is way too low and we need to add more variance to the staking calculations in order to get more random hashes.

Well you know more than I do by far so I guess it would be better to take note of it and see how it goes and then if needed can just make an adjustment.

Does it not measure in seconds?

17150 / 3600 = 4.76 hours so there would be a new modifier every 4.76 hours and not every 7 days?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking about problems with the code, presstab is god but I still question everything, force of habit Tongue

Yeah you just need to read through kernel.cpp a little deeper. The modifier selection interval is what takes it to seven days, and yes that is measured in seconds.

Yeah no worries, was only trying to help.

Seems like everything you touch turns into gold, I think one day you will have companies fighting over you to work for them :S

Your help is appreciated for sure. This is Vegas et als coin, I am just doing a little bit of work where asked, one of those areas was the PoS technicals and I am sorry if my opinion is offensive to you. I just don't think you properly understood how that specific code in kernel.cpp works. Thats fine, its pretty complicated and really takes a fine tooth comb to understand most of what is going on in there. My overall point is that I selected a 7 day modifier selection interval intentionally because I generally like matching the selection interval with the minimum stake time. At the end of the day, its a very small detail that doesn't matter too much either way.

Offensive? Not at all, I think it would take a lot to offend me and I like to hear your opinion, it helps me learn. I think text is a little limiting in that way because it can be interpreted in different ways and may seem like it's something negative when not meant to be.

What does my future career have to do with the contents of kernel.cpp? You lost me darling.

I was more saying that your awesome and that any company (or community) would be lucky to have your input Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
September 17, 2015, 10:56:52 PM
You guys are aware of the massive fees to use stakeblock? I just tried to split 2000 coins and fees where 200 FLY  Huh

Crest mentioned in post #419 so I went back to check since I used splitblock
and I was only charged .5??? In fact, I used it twice at 0.5 FLY each time.
Split whole 19,000 Fly in one split to many blocks then, did again
since I confirmed only .5 fly to do and read presstab recommended smaller blocks than I did..

If some are getting charged 200 FLY then, it needs addressed quickly. But you know.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
?
September 17, 2015, 09:17:39 PM
received my FLY.
Keep Calm & Let's FLY!  Cheesy
legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 17, 2015, 08:47:59 PM
Just a reminder, you may possibly need a hardfork for the Stake modifier interval since it seems quite long.

That equals 4.7638 hours but that is fairly long so if you have a bunch of stake weight hitting the network, you may see some long Block times afterwards.

Maybe make a note of some of the things I've come across and we can do a fix for all of it in one go since you've mentioned you also want to change the links and should also change the themes to suite as well.

The stake interval should be fine, it just means that it changes the modifier about once every 7 days. There should be no reason to fork the coin because of this, unless network weight is way too low and we need to add more variance to the staking calculations in order to get more random hashes.

Well you know more than I do by far so I guess it would be better to take note of it and see how it goes and then if needed can just make an adjustment.

17150 / 3600 = 4.76 hours so there would be a new modifier every 4.76 hours and not every 7 days?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking about problems with the code, presstab is god but I still question everything, force of habit Tongue

Yeah you just need to read through kernel.cpp a little deeper. The modifier selection interval is what takes it to seven days, and yes that is measured in seconds.

Seems like everything you touch turns into gold, I think one day you will have companies fighting over you to work for them :S

Your help is appreciated for sure. This is Vegas et als coin, I am just doing a little bit of work where asked, one of those areas was the PoS technicals and I am sorry if my opinion is offensive to you. I just don't think you properly understood how that specific code in kernel.cpp works. Thats fine, its pretty complicated and really takes a fine tooth comb to understand most of what is going on in there. My overall point is that I selected a 7 day modifier selection interval intentionally because I generally like matching the selection interval with the minimum stake time. At the end of the day, its a very small detail that doesn't matter too much either way.

What does my future career have to do with the contents of kernel.cpp? You lost me darling.
legendary
September 17, 2015, 08:37:36 PM

legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 17, 2015, 08:10:56 PM

legendary
September 17, 2015, 07:07:26 PM

legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 17, 2015, 06:49:41 PM
You guys are aware of the massive fees to use stakeblock? I just tried to split 2000 coins and fees where 200 FLY  Huh

Yep already fixed in my own personal build (made splitblock fee to 0.0125 FLY I think that should cover most cases) and this will be on the new wallet build Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
September 17, 2015, 05:53:32 PM
You guys are aware of the massive fees to use stakeblock? I just tried to split 2000 coins and fees where 200 FLY  Huh
legendary
Blockchain Developer
September 17, 2015, 05:21:17 PM

Jump to: