Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 25. (Read 163654 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
December 12, 2015, 07:53:53 PM
Funny enough I read this and immediately thought of the unobtanium thread. Same 5-6 people building vaporware.

As for FLY I have just been reading since I first spoke to community members. A little too gargantuan for my taste, I follow the KISS philosophy in development.

Wait and see I guess.

Some people just like simple. Me too in most cases. But I think the cryptoworld was ready for something new and completely different. I mean we already have 1500 coins that are identical (except for the name). So FLY is a completely different choice. However because its so radical, and the code is so different , it has its challenges. Code is being worked on every day, including right now as we speak. We realize the exchange has been down, and I dont take this lightly. So we are working to get this going as fast as possible. Have you also noticed that almost every other crypto has become worthless? I mean 10,000 sats is the new moon in crypto. FLY is solid as a rock at 200,000 sats. So based on this fact, I would say Crypto IS ready for a change, and that change is called FLY. Also when FLY does become the new rage, other devs wont be able to copy it. Ive offered to pay btc to hire additional devs to work on the code. 10 of them said they would. Only 2 agreed. The rest wouldn't touch it. SO that tells me even in an open source world, there wont be another FLY. Keeping it rare and scarce , and prices high Smiley

Thanks
Vegas

I didn't mean to sound brusque or anything ... I am pretty busy on another development project and didn't feel I'd be able to give the attention to this project it needed. I wish you guys all the luck, the community is pretty open and nice here.  Cool

If however you guys hire bug testers down the road, I will be glad to assist in that area. I have plenty of spare boxes for that sort of thing.

As for the exchange thing, people put way too much effort into that part of things too soon in many case, and that is what leads to failure. Taking the time to build the platform before throwing it out there is good. I'd like to see something actually rare and scarce that isn't listed on every toilet of an exchange out there today.

AWESOME!! YOU GET IT!!!! RARE AND SCARCE!! Thats what fly is all about. People said I was nuts when I said it was going to be listed on only one exchange, and a small exchange at that. But you get it!!

Thank you

Vegas

Trading tiddlywinks back and forth doesn't offer any utility. Outside of an exchange, what am I going to do with 99% of the shitcoins out there besides hope I can cash them out to BTC before they tank? I can't spend flavour-of-the-month coin at my favorite market or website. Still more are just copy-paste clones (as you mentioned) that have serious flaws that have never been patched, with kindergarten-level cryptography. Overnight a dedicated attacker can tumble the house of cards they are made on.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
December 12, 2015, 07:45:20 PM
Funny enough I read this and immediately thought of the unobtanium thread. Same 5-6 people building vaporware.

As for FLY I have just been reading since I first spoke to community members. A little too gargantuan for my taste, I follow the KISS philosophy in development.

Wait and see I guess.

Some people just like simple. Me too in most cases. But I think the cryptoworld was ready for something new and completely different. I mean we already have 1500 coins that are identical (except for the name). So FLY is a completely different choice. However because its so radical, and the code is so different , it has its challenges. Code is being worked on every day, including right now as we speak. We realize the exchange has been down, and I dont take this lightly. So we are working to get this going as fast as possible. Have you also noticed that almost every other crypto has become worthless? I mean 10,000 sats is the new moon in crypto. FLY is solid as a rock at 200,000 sats. So based on this fact, I would say Crypto IS ready for a change, and that change is called FLY. Also when FLY does become the new rage, other devs wont be able to copy it. Ive offered to pay btc to hire additional devs to work on the code. 10 of them said they would. Only 2 agreed. The rest wouldn't touch it. SO that tells me even in an open source world, there wont be another FLY. Keeping it rare and scarce , and prices high Smiley

Thanks
Vegas

I didn't mean to sound brusque or anything ... I am pretty busy on another development project and didn't feel I'd be able to give the attention to this project it needed. I wish you guys all the luck, the community is pretty open and nice here.  Cool

If however you guys hire bug testers down the road, I will be glad to assist in that area. I have plenty of spare boxes for that sort of thing.

As for the exchange thing, people put way too much effort into that part of things too soon in many case, and that is what leads to failure. Taking the time to build the platform before throwing it out there is good. I'd like to see something actually rare and scarce that isn't listed on every toilet of an exchange out there today.

AWESOME!! YOU GET IT!!!! RARE AND SCARCE!! Thats what fly is all about. People said I was nuts when I said it was going to be listed on only one exchange, and a small exchange at that. I know you also see because of our high tx fees, there wont be much for sale, making it VERY difficult to acquire. Those that do send it there, will demand a higher price for it because they paid the high fees to get it there, keeping prices high Smiley

Also once were back on the exchange, we will take a break from updates, and relax for a bit. The next update will be "auto burn". This feature will take a small percentage from the high tx fees and burn them, and will show up live in the wallet in the money supply under statistics. Making FLY even more rare and difficult to acquire. Keeping prices high.

Im not the first visionary to be called crazy. -Vegasguy

Thank you

Vegas
legendary
December 12, 2015, 07:42:43 PM

Wait and see I guess.

Thanks
Vegas

I didn't mean to sound brusque or anything ... I am pretty busy on another development project and didn't feel I'd be able to give the attention to this project it needed. I wish you guys all the luck, the community is pretty open and nice here.  Cool

legendary
December 12, 2015, 07:16:20 PM
massive investment?  hahahaha
value? HAHAHAHAHA

I have 47,051 fly. FLY is stable at 200,000 sats. 94BTC  or $40,000 USD

So my wallet is worth $40,000. Maybe it is not a lot of money to you, but it is to me.

Also with an investment of $40,000 , there is no way in hell Im going to let this fail and lose all that money.

All your doing is helping me strengthen the facts of FLY. Now people will see how heavily invested I am, it also tells them I wont let it fail.

The reason 99% of coins fail, is because there is no profit for the creator. What im saying is, it COSTS money in MANY ways to keep developing a coin. There is ONLY 1 way for a coins creator to make a profit and thats the success of the coin. Devs dont get paid to do all this development. If they implement tor nodes, or live stats in the wallet, they make NOTHING from that. So thats why most coins are short term and fail, because the devs make a little bit of money from a tiny premine. But what is the reason they should invest their time to continue? They are not getting paid anything. My payoff comes from the success of the coin. In the meantime, Im PAYING lots of money to continue developing the coin. But I dont mind, as in the near future, this will easily quadruple in value. Then I can begin to slowly sell my stakes for a nice profit. So thats my way of jumping in the pool. I promise you, I wont drown with $40,000 on the line, and soon my wallet will be worth over $100,000 (It already has). Would YOU let it fail?

Thanks again.

Vegas

legendary
December 12, 2015, 06:10:22 PM

Wait and see I guess.

Thanks
Vegas
legendary
December 12, 2015, 01:44:50 PM
Great question. Almost all of us dont sell. We want to keep this coin as difficult to acquire as possible, so we reinest our stakes. The reason why the top hold almost all of the coins is to protect the coins. We dont sell. Also in the near future, there will be an "auto burn" feature that burns a percentage of each transaction and shows in the money supply in real time. Also ALL of us bought our FLY, and continue to. I sold all of everything I acquired for 1.5 years in crypto to buy the largest amount of FLY because I knew it would best the greatest Crypto EVER. So its all fair. Also with my massive investment, it WONT fail. I wont let it.

Also I started with 58,000 coins. I sold about  15,000 coins to those that had none for 50% of the market price to distribute the wealth and balance the richlist. I would only sell to those I knew and trust and made everything public. The list of private sales is on the OP, you have my full permission to contact any of them and verify what I just said. These sales were not made before the coin was released, but much AFTER the coin was released and the value was clearly known.  

Vegas

value? HAHAHAHAHA

this piece of shit has ALREADY failed you retard.  

no volume + no market support + no adoption = fucking failure

keep pushing your shitcoin.  the 5 people who post in this thread really appreciate it.  

sheep.

Wait and see I guess.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
December 12, 2015, 01:29:44 PM
Great question. Almost all of us dont sell. We want to keep this coin as difficult to acquire as possible, so we reinest our stakes. The reason why the top hold almost all of the coins is to protect the coins. We dont sell. Also in the near future, there will be an "auto burn" feature that burns a percentage of each transaction and shows in the money supply in real time. Also ALL of us bought our FLY, and continue to. I sold all of everything I acquired for 1.5 years in crypto to buy the largest amount of FLY because I knew it would best the greatest Crypto EVER. So its all fair. Also with my massive investment, it WONT fail. I wont let it.

Also I started with 58,000 coins. I sold about  15,000 coins to those that had none for 50% of the market price to distribute the wealth and balance the richlist. I would only sell to those I knew and trust and made everything public. The list of private sales is on the OP, you have my full permission to contact any of them and verify what I just said. These sales were not made before the coin was released, but much AFTER the coin was released and the value was clearly known.  

Vegas

value? HAHAHAHAHA

this piece of shit has ALREADY failed you retard.  

no volume + no market support + no adoption = fucking failure

keep pushing your shitcoin.  the 5 people who post in this thread really appreciate it.  

sheep.
legendary
December 12, 2015, 11:24:57 AM

Vegas
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
December 12, 2015, 11:14:31 AM
vegas wants that option in the wallet so people will be able to sell the profits of the coins that they stake but the general funds they hold they arent able to sell without paying fees. so people can still make profit from the coin but it doesnt result in a lot of dumping.

its currently in the wallet already

POS % targeted at 50% annually - that seems to me too much POS % annualy for the System if the TOP Holders (Top 1-25: 163226 FLY) sell the POS profits of the coins that they stake

What is the yearly targeted FLY POS interest for the Top 1-25 Holders ? 81613 FLY?

>Alt
legendary
Activity: 1400
December 12, 2015, 11:06:56 AM
Im good with either system, but there must be a way for users to "trickle" their profits to the exchange to sell. I dont want the whole system locked where no one can sell profits over the years. At the same time I dont want the door wide open to dump it all. Thats why I came up with "stake to exchange", because its free, and its slows the rate at which users can upload their coins.

Vegas

with that being said the only thing left to debate is do you think exchanges should be able to stake or not?
legendary
December 12, 2015, 10:26:30 AM
Im good with either system, but there must be a way for users to "trickle" their profits to the exchange to sell. I dont want the whole system locked where no one can sell profits over the years. At the same time I dont want the door wide open to dump it all. Thats why I came up with "stake to exchange", because its free, and its slows the rate at which users can upload their coins.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1092
December 12, 2015, 03:53:51 AM
Hmmm, OK

My OCD took a minute, there is one way you can do it without changing the fee structure.

Since the free staking to the non-stake address opens a window in the antidumping fee system.
A completely open window defeats the system completely.

So instead make the window smaller,
Place a Cap on the Number of Staked coin that can flow into the non-staking address per block when it stakes.

Say I staked and received 500 fly , place a cap on the amount of Fly that transfers into non-stake address of say 20 and redirect the other 480 back into the stake address.
Which is means I can only sell 20 fly for free and have to wait until the next time it stakes before I can sell more or If I do need to sell imediately, I pay the fee for the rest.

As Far as what to set the cap too, I leave that to Team Fly, just be aware that making the window too large will defeat the antidumping system.

But a Cap could protect the AD system from larger stake dumping attempts by spreading it out over time.

Cool

legendary
December 12, 2015, 02:37:12 AM
vegas wants that option in the wallet so people will be able to sell the profits of the coins that they stake but the general funds they hold they arent able to sell without paying fees. so people can still make profit from the coin but it doesnt result in a lot of dumping.

Sorry , but the whole system fails, if you leave that option in.
In fact it makes the whole thing Pointless?  Tongue

Just readjust the fees so small amounts are not hit with the fee and leave the security intact.

Cool

legendary
December 12, 2015, 02:34:42 AM
I would just make one change to this.  In order to sell our stakes we should be able to stake into our non-staking address for free.  That is the whole point of spreading the coins around.  Never touching the original amount and staking/selling on the exchange.

That is the decision Team fly needs to make,
IMO that defeat's the antidumping fee, better to leave it.
Adjust the fee structure to keep the amounts small that move out of the staking address , otherwise you just put a gaping hole in the antidumping fee defenses, and if you do so what is the point in having an antidumping fee at all. Because if you don't make the antidumping fee firm, then you can just forget the hold thing and its is a regular coin, without bothering with the extra changes.

Basically if there is a loophole, there is no point in doing it with a fee, as everyone will use the loophole to bypass the fee.  Tongue

Cool

legendary
December 12, 2015, 02:24:46 AM
I would just make one change to this.  In order to sell our stakes we should be able to stake into our non-staking address for free.  That is the whole point of spreading the coins around.  Never touching the original amount and staking/selling on the exchange.

That is the decision Team fly needs to make,
IMO that defeat's the antidumping fee, better to leave it.
Adjust the fee structure to keep the amounts small that move out of the staking address , otherwise you just put a gaping hole in the antidumping fee defenses, and if you do so what is the point in having an antidumping fee at all. Because if you don't make the antidumping fee firm, then you can just forget the whole thing and its is a regular coin, without bothering with the extra changes.

Basically if there is a loophole, there is no point in doing it with a fee, as everyone will use the loophole to bypass the fee.  Tongue

Cool

FYI :
It will be interesting to see what is chosen, sorry but allowing the loophole will imply greed not virtue and nullify the reason the antidumping fee was created to begin with.
If Team Fly considers the fee too harsh, then reexamine the fee structure.
legendary
December 12, 2015, 02:03:52 AM

I would just make one change to this.  In order to sell our stakes we should be able to stake into our non-staking address for free.  That is the whole point of spreading the coins around.  Never touching the original amount and staking/selling on the exchange.

this feature is available. you will be able to do this.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
December 12, 2015, 01:56:37 AM
i dont understand then. if you have a normal address with all your... lets say 1000 FLY. with the tx fee. but you send to a no stake address. you pay no fee because you said they dont have a fee when receiving. so that tx is free and you still have 1000 FLY. so then you send those coins to an exchange. no stake address is sending. so tx is free. exchange recieves 1000 FLY. then you dump. and paid no fees. your no staking address MUST have recieve fees otherwise the system just has no fees unless you send normal addr to normal addr. but if thats the only tx that ever has fees. why would you?

which is why i said the only difference is the staking aspect. cuz no fees when sending or receiving doesnt work.

edit: im going to go on a leap here and assume you are going to say then you need to charge a fee when sending to an exchange. but then you need to have the rules i had anyway about getting a fee when receiving coins to a non stake address since thats the whole point of a second address. to tell which addresses are on exchanges.

OK ,

Refer to the addresses as staking or non-staking instead of normal, it will avoid confusion.

In my idea there are 2 type address,
Staking Address & Non-Staking Address

If I have 1000 coins in my staking address and send out to the exchange or even another address staking or non-staking, then the antidumping fee is charged as the transaction fee and sent to the Superflywallet.

If I have 1000 coins in my non-staking address , I can send to the exchange or even another address staking or non-staking , with no antidumping fees charged.
This also allows me to make a paper wallet without the fees.
or If an exchange to the cold wallet without fees.

What you need to realize is , I only pay antidumping fees when sending out from the staking address.

As far as the 1000 coins in the non-staking address , none were created there, I had to buy them on the exchange , if so it is no different , than if I had purchased 1000 coin on the exchange and let them sit, and just sold whenever the price went higher.
FYI: The antidumping fee has no effect in any version , if I just leave the coins on the exchange and sell/dump later, nothing can stop this if you allow an exchange.

If I staked the 1000 coins in my staking address and send them to my non-staking address in my own wallet, I am charge the antidumping fees,  But if I then send those coins from that non-staking address to the exchange, I am not being hit with the antidumping fee twice.

Clear?
 Cool

FYI:
The antidumping fee only stop someone from staking and dumping all of the excess coins while keeping their principle amount.
When coins are stored in the non-staking address, they do not gain interest and when I sell , I lose that amount , and can not sell/dump continuously.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
December 12, 2015, 01:52:57 AM
So just to be clear anyone who holds 100 to 5000 FLY is eligible for SuperFLY Wallet rewards or something like that?

You have to actively spread the word. Social media, the forum,, ect. contribute here and there and you are rewarded for it. Its on a weekly basis so if you miss/skip a week you lose eligibility regardless of how much you own.
Oh so anyone who owns between 100 to 5000 FLY is eligible for getting rewarded but only if they contribute actively with FLY and spread the word and such?  So another question I had was when I get my wallet going with 100 FLY how do I let the community or the team know that I have that amount and get started with the reward eligibility?

PM keesdewit to claim your address on the richlist.

Edit

This is the previous method But i would assume you would still have to do some variation of these insructions, minus the presstab stuff..

Steps to claim address:
1. Go to address claim  http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/FLY/claim.php
    On the explorer page you will see 3 boxes to fill in

2. Copy address from wallet and paste in address claim box marked "Address"
     In your wallet go to the Receive page and type a lable in for the Main wallet    
      Something like "Main" so you never get confused which address is Main vs. POS
      Lable your POS address "POS" (Labling not part of the process but a good practice)

3. Type Name in Address claim box marked "Name" - Use your bitcointalk name

4. In your wallet - on receive page - highlight the Main Address and click Sign message at the bottom right

5. A box will open showing the address at the top - under the address is the open space
        Type the Name you used to claim exactly as it is on the Claim name page of the explorer
        Same Punctuation, Caps, etc. - best to just copy and paste.

6. Click sign message box - a box will open to put in your password (if you have one - please encrypt wallet and have one)

7. When you enter your password - a box fills in on the botom of the page with a long string of numbers and letters
   Copy this and paste into the "proof of ownership" box on the claim name page - click "Submit"

8. If it does not work - make sure each step was done carefully.
    If it still does not work PM me and we can arrange a time to walk through the process

Wicked!! Thanks so much for all of this mate!! Now all I gotta do is get 12 more FLY and then once I'm able to withdraw the FLY I have on Cryptopia then I'll be good to go with the 100 FLY Cheesy Ohhhh I hope that this happens soon I've been waiting soooo very very long Smiley Cheers
Activity: 368
Merit: 100
December 12, 2015, 01:32:48 AM
So just to be clear anyone who holds 100 to 5000 FLY is eligible for SuperFLY Wallet rewards or something like that?

You have to actively spread the word. Social media, the forum,, ect. contribute here and there and you are rewarded for it. Its on a weekly basis so if you miss/skip a week you lose eligibility regardless of how much you own.
Oh so anyone who owns between 100 to 5000 FLY is eligible for getting rewarded but only if they contribute actively with FLY and spread the word and such?  So another question I had was when I get my wallet going with 100 FLY how do I let the community or the team know that I have that amount and get started with the reward eligibility?

PM keesdewit to claim your address on the richlist.

Edit

This is the previous method But i would assume you would still have to do some variation of these insructions, minus the presstab stuff..

Steps to claim address:
1. Go to address claim  http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/FLY/claim.php
    On the explorer page you will see 3 boxes to fill in

2. Copy address from wallet and paste in address claim box marked "Address"
     In your wallet go to the Receive page and type a lable in for the Main wallet    
      Something like "Main" so you never get confused which address is Main vs. POS
      Lable your POS address "POS" (Labling not part of the process but a good practice)

3. Type Name in Address claim box marked "Name" - Use your bitcointalk name

4. In your wallet - on receive page - highlight the Main Address and click Sign message at the bottom right

5. A box will open showing the address at the top - under the address is the open space
        Type the Name you used to claim exactly as it is on the Claim name page of the explorer
        Same Punctuation, Caps, etc. - best to just copy and paste.

6. Click sign message box - a box will open to put in your password (if you have one - please encrypt wallet and have one)

7. When you enter your password - a box fills in on the botom of the page with a long string of numbers and letters
   Copy this and paste into the "proof of ownership" box on the claim name page - click "Submit"

8. If it does not work - make sure each step was done carefully.
    If it still does not work PM me and we can arrange a time to walk through the process

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
December 12, 2015, 01:21:57 AM

Oh so anyone who owns between 100 to 5000 FLY is eligible for getting rewarded but only if they contribute actively with FLY and spread the word and such?  So another question I had was when I get my wallet going with 100 FLY how do I let the community or the team know that I have that amount and get started with the reward eligibility?
Pages:
Jump to: