Pages:
Author

Topic: OLD FLY THREAD - page 29. (Read 163654 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
December 10, 2015, 08:37:51 PM
I like the concepts of FLY and am totally behind this coin but think that it would be really nice as soon as all these problems were figured out and maybe it would be kind of cool if some of the big whale holders of FLY showed some love for the little guys by maybe doing a little giveaway of a couple FLY to help us little guys out get a little more involved in this great coin and idea Cheesy I mean I just think it would definitely show a lot to the little guys if they did something like that to help some of us little guys out that don't exactly have the BTC to just buy a bunch of FLY Smiley You could host some giveaways or something to really show that you guys are truly in this for the little guys as well  Cheesy

if its as valuable as VEGAS makes it out to be why would they just give it away?

oh right.  because there is NO value. 
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
December 10, 2015, 08:10:41 PM
I like the concepts of FLY and am totally behind this coin but think that it would be really nice as soon as all these problems were figured out and maybe it would be kind of cool if some of the big whale holders of FLY showed some love for the little guys by maybe doing a little giveaway of a couple FLY to help us little guys out get a little more involved in this great coin and idea Cheesy I mean I just think it would definitely show a lot to the little guys if they did something like that to help some of us little guys out that don't exactly have the BTC to just buy a bunch of FLY Smiley You could host some giveaways or something to really show that you guys are truly in this for the little guys as well  Cheesy
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
December 10, 2015, 07:49:05 PM
What a sad state of affairs.
Cannot say that I am shocked by the way things have turned out but I wont say I told you so.
If you guys want to extract any life whatsoever from this disaster, forget the control freak policies completely. Run the coin without the need to police every move on the blockchain.
The top holders still hold nearly all of the coins, if they dont dump there is nothing to concern yourself with. The rest is just egotistical bullshit that keeps people from wanting to buy in at all.

From memory, the coin was doing fairly well before all of these broken rules and ridiculous policies were introduced.

Or.. keep going the way of the governments and banks who want to tax every move you make with your funds and watch it die completely.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
December 10, 2015, 07:08:03 PM
its nice idea but how a exchange manage coldwallet/hotwallet coin transactions without burn high fees

Also what if the user wants to store his coins in a paper wallet  ,won't he still be charged the penalty?

IMO, Fly team should explore what I said earlier as it is really the only way that will work without side effects.

OK,
New Idea to solve this issue at hand.

On Fly Wallet, There has to be Two different Types of Address for each wallet.

1 Type Address is call the Staking Address
Where you can store coins , but it stakes the coins so you gain your interest,
Whenever you send coins out of this type address , then you are charged the 10% which goes to the superfly.

2nd type address is called Non-Staking Address.
Any coins store here do not stake , so they do not gain interest.
You can send from this address without paying the fee.

Any Exchange would keep all of their coins in the Non-Staking type Addresses, so they would never be charged the 10% fee , and can send out the exact amount purchased.

Users will store their coins in the type 1 staking address to earn interest and if they dump , they are charged the fee.
Users that store their coins in type 2 non-staking address , would not be a problem, as it would be no different for them than buying it on the exchange and letting it sit there. But it would also give fly the ability to purchase items by using this address without the fee.

Additional Options :
You can place a limit on the amount of fly send out per block, if you feel the need.
Also the addresses need a slightly different prefix , so you can tell just by looking if the address is staking or nonstaking.
Example Staking address all start with FS, all non staking start with FN ,
2 separate type address on 1 blockchain,  Wink

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
December 10, 2015, 06:41:51 PM
Solution from Griffith :

add another address type to the enum in CBitcoinAddress class in base58.h
have the wallet running in an exchangewallet mode use that enum for addresses, the addresses from exchange wallets using this selection from the enum will use a different address formatting than standard user wallet so they are easily identifiable by the network. the new exchange addresses will have a different and for the most part higher fee structure when receiving coins but be exempt from fees when sending coins. since all wallets will have the code there is no need for special nodes.

this solves the free withdrawl problem, and keeps the anti-dumping system in place.

problem solved

EDIT: when sending from an exchange address to another exchange address. the higher fees when recieving would overrule the free sending. This prevents people from the incentive to run thier own wallets in exchange mode and prevents moving around from exchange to exchange to manipulate the market (or something like that)

@ Presstab : Your opinion: Can this work or is it something you have to do and test and tweak?

Do you have a different solution?

Vegas

I don't see what would be in place to prevent any normal user from using this special address type, so I am guessing this wouldn't work well. If I were to do this, I would just get an address that cryptopia says they own, and then if the transaction includes a signed message from that specific address (it doesn't even need to be to or from that address) then it could be fee free. But of course there are other ways to do it as well.

users will be able to use the new address. but it would cost them more coins to do so than a normal address, so why would you?

I think I might have misread it the first time around, after a second glance i think that could make sense.

its nice idea but how a exchange manage coldwallet/hotwallet coin transactions without burn high fees
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
December 10, 2015, 02:03:14 PM
Solution from Griffith :

have the wallet running in an exchangewallet mode use that enum for addresses, the addresses from exchange wallets using this selection from the enum will use a different address formatting than standard user wallet so they are easily identifiable by the network. the new exchange addresses will have a different and for the most part higher fee structure when receiving coins but be exempt from fees when sending coins. since all wallets will have the code there is no need for special nodes.

this solves the free withdrawl problem, and keeps the anti-dumping system in place.

problem solved

EDIT: when sending from an exchange address to another exchange address. the higher fees when recieving would overrule the free sending. This prevents people from the incentive to run thier own wallets in exchange mode and prevents moving around from exchange to exchange to manipulate the market (or something like that)

@ Presstab : Your opinion: Can this work or is it something you have to do and test and tweak?

Vegas

I don't see what would be in place to prevent any normal user from using this special address type, so I am guessing this wouldn't work well. If I were to do this, I would just get an address that cryptopia says they own, and then if the transaction includes a signed message from that specific address (it doesn't even need to be to or from that address) then it could be fee free. But of course there are other ways to do it as well.

users will be able to use the new address. but it would cost them more coins to do so than a normal address, so why would you?

I think I might have misread it the first time around, after a second glance i think that could make sense.
legendary
Activity: 1400
December 10, 2015, 01:41:36 PM
Solution from Griffith :

problem solved

Vegas

legendary
Blockchain Developer
December 10, 2015, 12:52:38 PM
Solution from Griffith :

problem solved

Vegas

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
December 10, 2015, 12:24:10 PM
@Presstab: As we have been down from exchange so long, I was saying to Kees to revert back to code that uses high tx fees and selective free withdrawals based on richlist claims (manual), as the MAJOR update we really want will take weeks to implement. The code we have with manual exemptions is mostly finished except for a small bug with "return change", that Kees can explain. This just needs to be fixed and exemption list updated and it will work again on the exchange.  It will work again until the MAJOR update can be done. If you can help us I will pay you in btc. Also if you can help us, youll be talking to Kees , not me. If you want the details on the "return change" bug. PM me or Keesdewit.

Vegas
legendary
December 10, 2015, 12:20:25 PM
Solution from Griffith :

problem solved

Vegas
legendary
December 10, 2015, 12:13:00 PM
Let me find it Presstab.. one sec. It came from Griffith. Ill pay you to code this in BTC . We are desperate. HELP !

Vegas

legendary
Blockchain Developer
December 10, 2015, 12:10:24 PM
What was the solution around your withdrawal problem that you came up with?
legendary
December 10, 2015, 12:09:41 PM
Don't worry about it, you guys are just getting worked up about non-issues.

Best way is that if Vegasguy isn't sure about the implementation of his fee system, that he should create a hardfork in order to revert the current method until which time he can perfect it the way he needs. This would probably be best for now to allow everyone to transact Coins freely.

This is exactly what I said last time. It was ignored and I was being an ass in the eyes of some people.

Everyone is under stress because of this right now. So I sent a pm to kees to see if we can revert back to the old system that will still have high tx fees and free withdrawals for those that are on the list I posted in my last post. If your not on that list then PM kees so he can add you. I think for now this is the best way. I never thought we would be down on the exchange for this long. But make no mistake, I FULLY understand the urgency to get the exchange working. Its on my mind every minute of every day. So for now, I work on getting the "old system" working again, and then we can take our time with what we really want to do. Guys, I want to apologize for this. I dont take this situation lightly. I KNOW its not good to have the exchange down this long. Im FULLY aware of the situation and will get everything going as fast as I can.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
December 10, 2015, 11:43:38 AM

This is exactly what I said last time. It was ignored and I was being an ass in the eyes of some people.

We all should respect us; in my eyes I see u never as an ass! Should my words sounds so to you, so please, I would like to deeply apologize!

Its not easy, to support unique developments with really deep sense and really big potential for future like FLY has. I love this "baby" like my own flesh!

So...we find a healthy base to communicate each other! :-)

Greetz
Meta
Activity: 175
Merit: 150
Coin Developer
December 10, 2015, 11:32:33 AM

Best way is that if Vegasguy isn't sure about the implementation of his fee system, that he should create a hardfork in order to revert the current method until which time he can perfect it the way he needs. This would probably be best for now to allow everyone to transact Coins freely.

legendary
December 10, 2015, 10:58:03 AM
To speed things up we may just do a minimal update that keeps the existing code in place and fixes small bugs and manually exempts users from withdrawals from the richlist. We may have to do this major update (that exempts everyone later). So if you want an exemption from the richlist for withdrawals , PM Keesdewit with your MAIN bitcointalk account and request an exemption from withdrawals.

PLEASE CHECK AND SEE IF YOU ARE ALREADY EXEMPTED ON THE LIST BEFORE YOU BLOW UP THE PM BOX OF KEES:

IF your name is on this list, you will NOT pay fees to withdrawl from exchange:

https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin/blob/7f5101ab7bf16cc9f94f6c9fc932c902e0dc29d9/src/additionalfee.cpp#L168

His pm addy is : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=390370

Vegas

legendary
December 10, 2015, 10:36:04 AM
Guys we know the solution. It was given to us by Griffith. However it is going to take time to implement. I have over 500 coins myself in Crytopia myself. I want my coins out too. The problem is TIME. This is a very complex system and is not easily implemented. Ive even reached out to hire a 3rd and 4th dev named Sakr, and pollforall .

So as you can see I putting my own money in this to get this fixed as fast as possible, including $400 worth of litecoins for the bounty just to get the solution. Im as frustrated as the rest of you, and Im paying loads of money to get this fixed as fast as possible. I want my money out like the rest of you. So I DO understand your frustration, and its on my mind every minute of the day to get the exchange going again. Im stressed over this. But we have to wait until the code is done. Ive done all I can to speed this up. If you are extremely talented dev, and think you can code this correctly, step up, and I will pay you too. We need all the help we can get, but you must be a master coder, as this is the hardest task youve ever done.

Here is my coins on Crytopia. I will get them out like the rest of you, but it wont be today. Also notice I have another order for 300 more coins (.5 BTC) , because I know soon I will get my coins out.

Vegas

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
December 10, 2015, 10:24:21 AM

basical good thinking on ur side
but as i understand the massive activity on slack some form of solution is near (few days maybe)
and it would create more harm then help to add another fork in between the release of the fix
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
December 10, 2015, 09:35:12 AM

Bla bla bla. You are full of shit, and you know that. Read back your old replies to my posts, sad kiddo.

ETA on working exchange? No info at all in op.

You dont release software which is bugged.

In respect to your thread u try to manage since Oct 17 ---> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-service-1211727 , I would ask you, is this the modern style of a developer like u and ur proclaimed skills there, to analyze a coin?

Greetz
Meta

Are you on drugs? Why do you link my services thread in here? This is not relevant to the discussion and my questions. But we know that already. Read back on your old posts which also don`t add any value to my questions and concerns.

Because u r not really interested in the answers! If u read back everything, vegasguy did its best, to answered ALL!
Fly is not here to be deadtraded in few weeks. What we do here is unique in cryptoworld. Antidump-feetable!!!

My link to your post was only an invite for u, to maybe can give us feedback. U can always pm Vegasguy here and imagine ur suggestions!

Who are you to think on behalf of other people? You are thinking way to high of yourself. You think i'm not interested, then why the hell would I ask the same unanswered question again?

I will ask again,

ETA on working exchange? (its not that hard to answer)

And please add detailed information in the OP about why the trading has halted for weeks, why yobit is not compatible anymore for trading etc. The OP only states info about where to trade, not on the issues that FLY is having at this time.

Activity: 175
Merit: 150
Coin Developer
December 10, 2015, 08:20:32 AM

Bla bla bla. You are full of shit, and you know that. Read back your old replies to my posts, sad kiddo.

ETA on working exchange? No info at all in op.

You dont release software which is bugged.

In respect to your thread u try to manage since Oct 17 ---> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-service-1211727 , I would ask you, is this the modern style of a developer like u and ur proclaimed skills there, to analyze a coin?

Greetz
Meta

Are you on drugs? Why do you link my services thread in here? This is not relevant to the discussion and my questions. But we know that already. Read back on your old posts which also don`t add any value to my questions and concerns.

Because u r not really interested in the answers! If u read back everything, vegasguy did its best, to answered ALL!
Fly is not here to be deadtraded in few weeks. What we do here is unique in cryptoworld. Antidump-feetable!!!

My link to your post was only an invite for u, to maybe can give us feedback. U can always pm Vegasguy here and imagine ur suggestions!

Who are you to think on behalf of other people? You are thinking way to high of yourself. You think i'm not interested, then why the hell would I ask the same unanswered question again?

I will ask again,

ETA on working exchange? (its not that hard to answer)

And please add detailed information in the OP about why the trading has halted for weeks, why yobit is not compatible anymore for trading etc. The OP only states info about where to trade, not on the issues that FLY is having at this time.

Pages:
Jump to: