Pages:
Author

Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved) - page 25. (Read 64801 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 23, 2013, 10:00:08 AM
anyone who ordered have they got their order delivered yet?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 20, 2013, 12:52:38 PM

Wow...such mascot...much useful...wow

hahahaha
      such win                        wow
                   much cute...
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
December 20, 2013, 12:34:40 AM
Well FluffyPony you might just be in luck, i just had a blade quite literally burn out small flame and all. It managed to take the power supply down with it, but the backplane still tested good when i plugged another blade into it to test it so i do not have a dead one of those yet, and dont really want to sacrifice one of those that are working. I am very much in need of an open air solution to my several V2 blade farms, and like your quality so might a propose the following.

IF you cover the shipping, i will send you a dead PSU, 1 version 2 blade, and a working backplane. In exchange, when you have a production model finished, you will send me 1 in exchange for the $120 backplane i sacrificed for the sake of having a solid solution for the community.  Or, i can make a plexiglass replica of the backplane for you and ship that so you have a rigid template to work from and if you cover the shipping for all of it i will just buy my first one to make sure they all fit then order a few dozen more for my own stock and to sell some locally in the USA for USA customers that want either overnight or 3-4 day shipping.

Just message me with what you would like to do.

Brilliant! I'll send you a message now:)
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 19, 2013, 06:17:54 PM
Well FluffyPony you might just be in luck, i just had a blade quite literally burn out small flame and all. It managed to take the power supply down with it, but the backplane still tested good when i plugged another blade into it to test it so i do not have a dead one of those yet, and dont really want to sacrifice one of those that are working. I am very much in need of an open air solution to my several V2 blade farms, and like your quality so might a propose the following.

IF you cover the shipping, i will send you a dead PSU, 1 version 2 blade, and a working backplane. In exchange, when you have a production model finished, you will send me 1 in exchange for the $120 backplane i sacrificed for the sake of having a solid solution for the community.  Or, i can make a plexiglass replica of the backplane for you and ship that so you have a rigid template to work from and if you cover the shipping for all of it i will just buy my first one to make sure they all fit then order a few dozen more for my own stock and to sell some locally in the USA for USA customers that want either overnight or 3-4 day shipping.

Just message me with what you would like to do.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 19, 2013, 06:09:48 PM
Wooohoo!! Im in the low 800's and im hoping to break out the fab line soon, those pics are making me drooool!!!   Grin

(shouldve ordered 2)

donator
December 19, 2013, 04:41:42 PM
Since it has been ~1 week since fluffy said the first 450 orders have been shipped... Any pictures or reviews of what has arrived?

I doubt it would've arrived that quickly - maybe some of the guys who chose EMS will have it at customs in their country already, but the regular surface mail guys will still be waiting;) But pictures you want, and so pictures you will get!

This is how we transport the cut aluminium - fresh load of packing boxes and dividers are visible on the side

Final steps before packing: putting stickers on, checking the brass standoffs

Wow...such mascot...much useful...wow
Activity: 21
December 19, 2013, 03:49:27 PM
Since it has been ~1 week since fluffy said the first 450 orders have been shipped... Any pictures or reviews of what has arrived?
donator
December 17, 2013, 01:09:56 AM
Okay this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer on the site. These are built to fit a regular ATX form factor motherboard, correct?

Yes, ATX, micro-ATX and mini-ATX will all fit:)
Activity: 59
December 16, 2013, 09:04:15 PM
Okay this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer on the site. These are built to fit a regular ATX form factor motherboard, correct?
donator
December 16, 2013, 01:41:08 PM
lol. Poor fluffypony.

People just don't read do they.

It's ok - I'm getting REALLY good at copying and pasting:)
Activity: 59
December 16, 2013, 01:40:18 PM
lol. Poor fluffypony.

People just don't read do they.
donator
December 16, 2013, 10:59:52 AM
what's the shipping cost for those to Europe within a week?

You can read the delivery and returns policy linked at the bottom of the site for an overview of our processes and expected timelines. Pricing depends on where in Europe:) The easiest way to find out is to add the items you want to your cart, then when you view your cart you can use the Shipping Estimator to see your options and their price.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
December 16, 2013, 08:00:02 AM
what's the shipping cost for those to Europe within a week?
donator
December 16, 2013, 02:52:32 AM
Any update on a possible V2 blade rig being designed? Anything i can do to speed that along?

Prototyping with cardboard sucks - short of getting ASICMiner to send me some burnt out, unrepairable backplanes and boards (I'll cover the shipping) there's nothing much we can do except finalise our prototype and send it to our testee to see how it holds up.
donator
December 16, 2013, 02:51:11 AM
Would love pics of the grid setup?
If you guys are this slow to fabricate, why are you not prebuilding at this point?

We're working on some more pics - it's taken a backseat to getting orders out:)

Fabrication really isn't our hold-up at the moment, although we go into a slow-down from Friday when most of the staff go on leave. We won't ever pre-build because of the costs associated with that and the risk of wasted stock. I'm assuming you've never run a manufacturing business, and won't be familiar with the principles of Lean Manufacturing. The Wikipedia article is a good start if you're interested. One of our particular focus areas is on JIT manufacturing (Just-In-Time) - again, the Wikipedia article is a good start.

As time progresses we will work on a smaller tail for JIT measurement, but this early on we were ill-prepared for the rush of orders. We've only opened our doors to orders for 2.5 weeks, there is no way we could've expected or planned for over 1000 orders in 17 days:)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2013, 02:40:23 AM
Would love pics of the grid setup?
If you guys are this slow to fabricate, why are you not prebuilding at this point?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
December 15, 2013, 11:55:54 PM
Looking solid. Placed an order today!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
December 15, 2013, 09:31:41 PM
Any update on a possible V2 blade rig being designed? Anything i can do to speed that along?
donator
December 15, 2013, 10:12:21 AM
Ok then, I understand custom work takes time. Send it on once its "ready".

I was irritated to see that days ago I get the fabrication notice and then today I get another saying that it will take even longer than it should

Thanks for the updates though, they are appreciated.

Ah - not to worry, today's email was just a general update for all our buyers, we're generally on track for most orders, especially with regards to the fabrication side of things:)
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Caveat Emptor
December 15, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
Ok then, I understand custom work takes time. Send it on once its "ready".

I was irritated to see that days ago I get the fabrication notice and then today I get another saying that it will take even longer than it should

Thanks for the updates though, they are appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: