Pages:
Author

Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved) - page 28. (Read 64801 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
December 10, 2013, 10:24:30 PM

Could you show where you would be able to mount a hard drive? 

Also how about a design where the cards are all vertical?  There are USB risers that make this possible.

Thanks.

USB risers for graphics cards, sounds too good to be true?! Links?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCI-E-PCI-E-Express-1x-to-1X-4x-8x-16x-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Card-with/944387438.html
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 10, 2013, 09:04:07 PM

Also how about a design where the cards are all vertical?  There are USB risers that make this possible.

Thanks.

USB risers for graphics cards, sounds too good to be true?! Links?
Activity: 121
December 10, 2013, 08:31:17 PM

Thanks.
Activity: 966
Merit: 526
🐺Dogs for President🐺
December 10, 2013, 07:37:11 PM
Hi

Could you give me an rough estimated time for delivery on order 61X  for x 4 (6-GPU) goirgina's

Not the time of arrival in England, but just when you expect to start shipping an order in this range.

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 397
Merit: 350
December 09, 2013, 06:08:32 PM
I'm still waiting on asicminer rev2 blade cases. pm me when it'd available.
Activity: 518
December 09, 2013, 02:12:14 PM
I ordered a few Giorginas. Lets see how long it takes Smiley Smiley
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
December 07, 2013, 02:46:14 AM
can you tell me how long the riser cables should be for a 6x gpu rig? i can find 19cm, 24cm, 30cm and 54cm.

Absolutely - it's answered in the FAQ tab on the product page:

How do you get the risers to reach the cards in 6 and 8 GPU setups?

We recommend 30cm XL powered 1x->16x risers from Buy-A-Hash to reach most of the cards. For cards that are further away, 1x->1x unpowered risers can be daisy chained, as long as the daisy chain is terminated by a 1x->16x powered riser. Unpowered risers can be purchased from Buy-A-Hash or on eBay.
Activity: 237
December 06, 2013, 07:28:07 PM
can you tell me how long the riser cables should be for a 6x gpu rig? i can find 19cm, 24cm, 30cm and 54cm.
donator
December 06, 2013, 05:27:10 PM
i suggest to add some powered riser cables. would have had add them to my order but now i must look somewhere else for them.  Undecided

We're working on our accessories section:)
donator
December 06, 2013, 05:24:25 PM
Wich Board is capable with 8 gpu's?

There are several 7 and 8 slot boards, but they are quite expensive and more geared towards our HFT customers than our mining customers. It seems that 5 and 6 GPU motherboards are the sweet spot at the moment:)
Activity: 406
December 06, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
i suggest to add some powered riser cables. would have had add them to my order but now i must look somewhere else for them.  Undecided

I just bulk ordered a bunch of cables.  Will be selling them as soon as they arrive Cheesy

Couldn't find any reasonably priced so I bought 20 of each, only need 3.

Activity: 237
December 06, 2013, 05:19:15 PM
Activity: 258
December 06, 2013, 04:57:51 PM
Wich Board is capable with 8 gpu's?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
December 06, 2013, 02:31:10 PM
That looks so cool lol.
I'd buy one just to use as a book shelf Cheesy
donator
December 06, 2013, 02:26:07 PM
How much space is there between the cards ?

Will 2.5 or 3 slot cards fit with enough space to keep them cool ?

Yes - typically a 2.5 or 3 slot card has better cooling than a 2 slot card (bigger heatsink), which is also nice, and there's enough space between the cards to cater to that.
donator
December 06, 2013, 01:27:59 PM
Just a thought, but you should probably get a different color background for the pictures.  The aluminum on white background makes it very hard to see the details of the rig itself.  If you use a color background then it should bring out the rig a little bit more.  If you use a black background, the PSU and the cards will be much less of a focus of the picture, but the aluminum rig will stand out really well. 

Yeah - photograph is not my strong suite;) I've got a professional product photographer who's coming to visit in December, and will probably be re-shooting everything.
Activity: 406
December 06, 2013, 01:24:29 PM

For my suggestions I have the 4 GPU Vitalia in mind. https://openrigs.com/image/cache/data/IMG_3078CFLATFS-1200x900.jpg

Just a thought, but you should probably get a different color background for the pictures.  The aluminum on white background makes it very hard to see the details of the rig itself.  If you use a color background then it should bring out the rig a little bit more.  If you use a black background, the PSU and the cards will be much less of a focus of the picture, but the aluminum rig will stand out really well. 
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
December 06, 2013, 08:52:19 AM
How much space is there between the cards ?

Will 2.5 or 3 slot cards fit with enough space to keep them cool ?
donator
December 06, 2013, 07:11:16 AM
I think we have the wrong frame in mind...

For my suggestions I have the 4 GPU Vitalia in mind. https://openrigs.com/image/cache/data/IMG_3078CFLATFS-1200x900.jpg

Also the psu should fit on the left rear corner as it fits on the right fine? Looking at the pic there is enough space (granted thats the 8 gpu model).

Just replicate what you did for the right for the left? It should not add that much extra cost?

Or am I missing something?

Is it not possible to do what I have in mind for 4 gpus? Do you only have enough space on the 6 and 8 gpu setup?

That said the 4 gpu option should be short enough. If you can throw up a pic of the 4 gpu frame that would put my mind at ease.

If you haven't guessed already I'm trying tp stick with stock and not use adapters and/or extenders at all other than the pci-e risers.

NB: Due to the shortness of the gpu frame does the mobo sit close to a corner? Thus you don't have enough space for a psu in the left corner?

You'll have to excuse my crummy pre-editing photography, but this should illustrate it better: http://i.imgur.com/ky8VkG5.jpg

See how the PSU sits over the motherboard crossbar? There's no way the motherboard and the PSU can co-exist in the same space. I don't have any pics of 4 GPU setups at the moment, but I think it would be super tight. On the 6 or 8 GPU setup you have more space on the sides of the motherboard...but then the issue is the PSU crossbar. If you check this pic: https://openrigs.com/image/data/IMG_3094FLATF.jpg you will see that there are two vertical bars the PSU screws into, not just the corner bar. At the bottom of the pic you can see how that vertical bar comes into existence - we'd need to cut completely custom pieces of aluminium (outside of our standard measurements) to do that.

Just FYI, though, on 4 GPU setups you can get away with the connectors that come with the PSU - you'll only have 1 or 2 PCI-e adapters on the PSU anyway (maybe 3 if it's a 1250W+ PSU), so to power the 3rd and 4th GPUs you will have to use the Molex adapters that come with your PSU (for powering hard drives, optical drives, etc) and connect them into the Molex adapters that come with your GPUs. You can't get away from that, but all the bits come with your hardware. Using the Molex adapters like that gives much further reach than the PCI-e adapters that come with your PSU, and you'll have all those bits anyway.
Activity: 208
December 06, 2013, 04:07:23 AM
I think we have the wrong frame in mind...

Also the psu should fit on the left rear corner as it fits on the right fine? Looking at the pic there is enough space (granted thats the 8 gpu model).

Just replicate what you did for the right for the left? It should not add that much extra cost?

Or am I missing something?

Is it not possible to do what I have in mind for 4 gpus? Do you only have enough space on the 6 and 8 gpu setup?

That said the 4 gpu option should be short enough. If you can throw up a pic of the 4 gpu frame that would put my mind at ease.

If you haven't guessed already I'm trying tp stick with stock and not use adapters and/or extenders at all other than the pci-e risers.

NB: Due to the shortness of the gpu frame does the mobo sit close to a corner? Thus you don't have enough space for a psu in the left corner?
Pages:
Jump to: