Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 31. (Read 77057 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 100
REALLY looking forward to DarkSilk ICO. I missed the Silk train dammit. I would surmise that the DarkSilk train will be quite similar??

Edit: whose is the idiot that has another (fake) Silk on coinexchange? AND why does CMC list it under the true SILK Markets tab? Is that trak up to no good?
Activity: 441
Merit: 251
Chatter has started on Poloniex!  Remember this is the official information forum...  NOT POLONIEX CHAT ROOM.  Do your own DD and make your own informed decision!

Let them chat on Poloniex.

This coin is getting momentum and I advise once more to avoid any "emotional move" from now on.  Wink

Release only what is rock solid. Let the chattering continue but to not foster it.

Anyway, happy to see price movement on polo.

p.s. I noticed an increased staking activity in my wallet, which I think is completely normal.

I think it all turned out great. Sure we had to go through some doubt but if we only look at the result then we did get some heads turned, we gained momentum, more importantly traction. Now that we have this monkey from our back you can expect solid releases  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
This is crazy...  Lol...  Panic buys, then panic sells, now back to panic buys...  Lovin' it...

Need some popcorn for this show.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Chatter has started on Poloniex!  Remember this is the official information forum...  NOT POLONIEX CHAT ROOM.  Do your own DD and make your own informed decision!

Let them chat on Poloniex.

This coin is getting momentum and I advise once more to avoid any "emotional move" from now on.  Wink

Release only what is rock solid. Let the chattering continue but to not foster it.

Anyway, happy to see price movement on polo.

p.s. I noticed an increased staking activity in my wallet, which I think is completely normal.
legendary
legendary
Sorry if I haven't been following the bouncing ball but I got lost in the 50 million Trak posts.

So Weaver and SLK will be launched month end.  And based on that fact DRKSLK launches a month later?  So the ICO will be end of the month as well?

If so, damn son, you better get cracking on DRKSLK ANN for ICO.  You don't have a ton of time left.

Exciting times ahead...
So if Silk will be released this month, does it mean that we will be able to swap our Silkcoins for Silk this month or what does it mean exactly? Is it just the wallet that will come out + whitepaper with info?

Will Poloniex change from Silkcoin to Silk aswell if we are able to swap this month? Or is it planned to be later?

Weaver launch will coincide with Silk wallet release, this means that we are all able to swap at that instant. The white paper will be added for added in depth information on how Silk and DarkSilk will interact within the system, so that newcomers will know exactly what they are buying into. But I dont remember saying that it would be released exactly on the same day, it is our wish though, so we're striving for it  Wink

Silkcoin will slowly fade from Poloniex, they are standing by to make the switch with us.

I dont think you or any other dev involved said that either but to be able to get Silk we will need Weaver so my thought was that it would come very close to each other.

Ty for the reply.

There is no doubt Weaver will be ready, I'm talking about the white paper in specific.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
So if Silk will be released this month, does it mean that we will be able to swap our Silkcoins for Silk this month or what does it mean exactly? Is it just the wallet that will come out + whitepaper with info?

Will Poloniex change from Silkcoin to Silk aswell if we are able to swap this month? Or is it planned to be later?

Weaver launch will coincide with Silk wallet release, this means that we are all able to swap at that instant. The white paper will be added for added in depth information on how Silk and DarkSilk will interact within the system, so that newcomers will know exactly what they are buying into. But I dont remember saying that it would be released exactly on the same day, it is our wish though, so we're striving for it  Wink

Silkcoin will slowly fade from Poloniex, they are standing by to make the switch with us.

I dont think you or any other dev involved said that either but to be able to get Silk we will need Weaver so my thought was that it would come very close to each other.

Ty for the reply.

Cryptotrader26

Welcome to the Silkworld

PS: I got that you're here way longer than your newbie account, just wanna to thank you for the great post
     I see you already met our delightful Fud, Have fun

Haha ttoroie thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as the PS, I like introducing myself before addressing people/ taking part in a community I don't know. I look forward to clearing up some unfounded fud, and contribute to the caravan ✌🏻️

Good to have you indeed  Cool

Never seen this high amount of Silkcoins for sale at once before. Good for those that wants to buy at least.

Yes it's amazing, the max I saw was 4.1M, almost 10% of the coin supply. I guess some wallets awakened because of the spike Grin
Never seen this high amount of Silkcoins for sale at once before. Good for those that wants to buy at least.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Cryptotrader26

Welcome to the Silkworld

PS: I got that you're here way longer than your newbie account, just wanna to thank you for the great post
http://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpghttp://i68.tinypic.com/2zz7nm8.jpg

Haha ttoroie thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as the PS, I like introducing myself before addressing people/ taking part in a community I don't know. I look forward to clearing up some unfounded fud, and contribute to the caravan ✌🏻️
Ok fine. We read up here.
Time to wait for more juicy news. The stone is rolling and that's good news.

It's probably the right time to start thinking about a new thread for DRKSLK, ICO and so on

Good idea, well launch is really soon now, a bit less than two weeks, I think at least a few days before should be good.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Ok fine. We read up here.
Time to wait for more juicy news. The stone is rolling and that's good news.

It's probably the right time to start thinking about a new thread for DRKSLK, ICO and so on
So if silk is backing darksilk and vice versa then why have a darksilk ICO? Am I missing something? Thanks!

SLK will be backed by BTC not DRKSLK
This backing is done through system process. The ICO fund has no relation to it.
Activity: 245
So if silk is backing darksilk and vice versa then why have a darksilk ICO? Am I missing something? Thanks!
Activity: 232
Extremely poor form.

Yeh poor form indeed.   Sorry guess it only appeared that there would be a release today.. me and others must have been mistaken.   So 50 btc or so worth of investors got kicked in the face.  Thats fantastic.

And nobody has stilled explained the great announcement of the day you guys were counting down the hours to? I saw the pretty picture but I didn't notice it saying anything new or definitely not worthy of a countdown...

We can agree that, in your understanding, that Silkcoin used to be a simple chain brushed aside to be replaced by DarkSilk right?
Can you answer me what Silk is to you when talking about the Silk Network?

I'll run you through to see if you get the picture.

Could you just answer the question.. what happened at the end of the countdown? This wasn't just your post the devs said release mid this month.. so what was the countdown for?

There was no talk of release for mid month July.  They talked about a possible July release.  Nothing was ever confirmed.

Oh sorry for misunderstanding the talk of a July release and a pending countdown subsequently to nothing... As the release they were talking about.  Investors beware of this coin. As previously noted they have a hard time keeping a block explorer up and is now the third botched release (announced and then never happened) that I've read that everyone here fuds and says doesn't not exist... We never said that.. get out of here you troll..

If this is the way this is run I have great concerns (as previous) about entrusting the entire silkcoin chain to their 3rd party exchange (the Weaver) remembering folks.. that if you want to keep your silk, you'll need to withdraw all of it from poloniex and your wallets and give it all to this team... Think about it for a sec.

I cannot wait for you to eat your words, hahahahahahaha

You are everything that is wrong with the cryptosphere my friend (I say friend lightly). We never announced a release of software, it was an announcement about Silk which was stated from the start by Orestes.

Also, yes, you will have to withdraw all your coins from the exchanges (that are soooooo trustworthy) and swap them on the Weaver which is developed and maintained by a public dev team.

If your keeping all your coins on Poloniex, well, your worries about security are obviously not paramount.

Oh and to confirm to everyone, yes, Silk will launch as stated, end of July.

I hope you've got some nice spices to put on those words, you might be able to get some from the caravan that is marching onwards, if your lucky.

Just to be clear, the only time you will be forced to use the Weaver is when we swap SILK for SLK. Once you have your slk you can move it all back to polo and trust them or do whatever you want
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
Cryptotrader26

Welcome to the Silkworld

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

To summarize: The price increase wasn’t a Pump and Dump, but rather was a show of enthusiasm regarding the information announcement. No big bagholders including myself sold any coins. Although I witnessed the price going too high and recognised the opportunity for a swing-trade, I didn’t take it. A market with an average trading volume over the past month of 3 bitcoin/day wouldn’t be able to cope with my orders: it would have pushed the price back to the 500s. So all angry words about investors getting F’d in the A: you didn’t get screwed, although you were on your knees begging for it. The fact that also devs and other members of the team didn’t dump only is a show of great ethics rather than false pretences.

Some of us have been on this caravan from the beginning
we had our stops but it was fun and like you said it would be foolish to jump off now
Pages:
Jump to: