Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 72. (Read 77058 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 251
At least one thing maybe he is right. Enough talking now. It's time to see some action
And, by the way, even if he gets banned then he will come again with a new name. So don't bother too much.

The action is taking place behind the curtain and is not for public scrutiny. To say its time to see some action is to demand a premature release. Community patience and developer diligence is all that is needed right now. traK4Ubitl is not right, talk breeds talk which only leads to fud, not bothering too much in that you are right.

A switch to lightheartedness on this forum would be good.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
At least one thing maybe he is right. Enough talking now. It's time to see some action
And, by the way, even if he gets banned then he will come again with a new name. So don't bother too much.
Im sorry, what am i reported for? Why would be banned?  How would you know my level of credibilty? You have no idea who i am.  

I was simply pointing out that there is no work being done here, the dev quit this thread, stopped work and to not post until he finished something.  I of course can not uphold that, as i am the only one that seems to care release dates have been botched horribly and still there is nothing. Not even a website.

All there is is a bunch of broken code and a bunch of pretty and funny pictures and a timeline for coins to be traded on poloniex.  They dont take 0 days for that long im fairly sure of. Luckily dev has a goos relationship with 1 support ticket from months ago.

Report me and ban me i guess

If it was just you versus SLievensDRKSLK then you might have a case, but you are just making empty slanderous claims. On the other hand SLievensDRKSLK has witnesses that testify to the amount of work that has been done and is bein done still, namely: cisahasa, CryptoVote and quantumgravity. Go search for their posts in this/previous thread.

Your position is bound to be ridiculed. If you truly care then stop worrying, you are only draining your own energy.

edit: keep the memes coming Cool
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
@traK4Ubitl, you say we do not have a testnet but, in reality, we are running two chains for DarkSilk.  One uses the main branch (Scrypt) and the other uses the argon20160411 branch.  I have test nodes running on AWS, Digital Ocean, and Azure.  You can compile the wallet and it will connect.

I am back to adding chainActive to DarkSilk and then headers first synchronization but PoS is making it difficult.  I don't think there is a PoS coin that uses chainActive or headers first sync.  If there is one, please let me know.
Activity: 168
Gonna push hard to get this piece of trash banned... traK4Ubitl

Registered 1 month ago...  Credibility = ZERO

Based on previous posts...  TROLL...

EDIT: Reported to moderators....

Im sorry, what am i reported for? Why would be banned?  How would you know my level of credibilty? You have no idea who i am. 

I was simply pointing out that there is no work being done here, the dev quit this thread, stopped work and to not post until he finished something.  I of course can not uphold that, as i am the only one that seems to care release dates have been botched horribly and still there is nothing. Not even a website.

All there is is a bunch of broken code and a bunch of pretty and funny pictures and a timeline for coins to be traded on poloniex.  They dont take 0 days for that long im fairly sure of. Luckily dev has a goos relationship with 1 support ticket from months ago.

Report me and ban me i guess
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Gonna push hard to get this piece of trash banned... traK4Ubitl

Registered 1 month ago...  Credibility = ZERO

Based on previous posts...  TROLL...

EDIT: Reported to moderators....
Spencer won't comment anymore, so maybe people who spoke to one of the devs? Is the SLK already done for launch for instance? I understand you don't immediately launch it after it's done, but wait for the best opportunity to do all, but just curious.

As mentioned before, Silk will launch 1 month prior to DarkSilk.
DarkSilk when it's done.

Release date for Silk will be known once DarkSilk release has a fixed date.
If you really meant if Silk itself is done, Silk code is based on DarkSilk...

Not to be cheeky.. but have you looked at the github and/or the specs?  the coins have nothing to.do with each other.   silk is based on blackcoin and darksilk is based on crave.   lol crave not being a very good choice imo.  but hey who am i to say?

almost two weeks now and nothing has been worked on.  go figure.  my estimste of 2022 release date is likely not wrong.

Crave is Blackcoin. DarkSilk is not Crave or Blackcoin. Look at the 1000+ commits to DarkSilk. Silk is based on the Blackcoin codebase, but it's not Blackcoin, it's Silk. Just because we do not commit, doesn't mean we are not working.

AGAIN.  you take me and all the investors as morons.  1000 commits and no testnet even.. bountiful costs and fancy pictures... where is the product bro? You fixin crave? Was dumped for a reason. Build a freakin info website
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network
Spencer won't comment anymore, so maybe people who spoke to one of the devs? Is the SLK already done for launch for instance? I understand you don't immediately launch it after it's done, but wait for the best opportunity to do all, but just curious.

DarkSilk when it's done.

Not to be cheeky.. but have you looked at the github and/or the specs?  the coins have nothing to.do with each other.   silk is based on blackcoin and darksilk is based on crave.   lol crave not being a very good choice imo.  but hey who am i to say?

almost two weeks now and nothing has been worked on.  go figure.  my estimste of 2022 release date is likely not wrong.

Crave is Blackcoin. DarkSilk is not Crave or Blackcoin. Look at the 1000+ commits to DarkSilk. Silk is based on the Blackcoin codebase, but it's not Blackcoin, it's Silk. Just because we do not commit, doesn't mean we are not working.
It's a pity the lead slk developer is no longer going to reply our concerns and stuff here on the forum just for some trolling activities.
It has been a good debate so far and I hope he will reconsider his decision.
 Wink

If there truly are concerns then an adequate response will follow, different tasks for different people more time for dev'ing Wink.
It's a pity the lead slk developer is no longer going to reply our concerns and stuff here on the forum just for some trolling activities.
 Wink

crying shame.  sometimes the truth hurts.  0 volume on poloniex now.  wonder how long that will last before they pull the coin. 

tick tock tick tock
legendary
 Wink

DarkSilk when it's done.

DarkSilk when it's done.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
20% up. Not bad. Should go up further with the updates.

Updates? Git is dead for over a week. Not seeing any activity.
legendary
Nothing changed but the fact that people are realizing this project has a new thread. So funny to see the drop after the other thread got closed.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
snip...

yes..  but of course.. who owns all the silk? id like to guess that this thread owns 50% or more.. so why would you want to drop the price? why would not silkcoin be the superior coin??the only thing that makes sense here is for the corporation to make money off all of you dumping your coins on the weaver (which who knows when will be launched) to profit the transaction fees on your broken dreams to be early adopters of darksilk (which who knows when will be launched)

I understand what you are saying. And it was hard to see true merit in Silk in favor of just swapping to one new coin and discarding the old (and its community). Confirmation bias being the worst depending which side you were on. On one hand you have all the investors of 2014 which you dont want to let down, on the other hand you have the hopes and ambitions that could be realised by launching a new, single/solitary coin (ratio 1 to x).

In the end we found a solution, without compromise, that brought two coins together in one system both independent from eachother but still influencing eachother. Again I cant get into too much detail, but what I can say is that Silk is treated with the utmost of care. For this very reason it was also decided that a swap from old.silkcoin to new Silk would secure developmental control.

In 2014 i think it was that I spoke with Arteleis and we were brainstorming about logo's for the coins. Ideas that we had then are still here today. To have a phoenix as an emblem for Silk was not by coincidence, it takes some faith but eventually a phoenix will rise from its own ashes...

Also its price impact that should decrease for Silk, not price. Right now 1 BTC would create a price increase of 20%. What if I wanted to transact $ 20,000.- this would be unacceptable. Either the price should be much higher or everyone should put on a sell order. No we need steady growth to allow such volumes to be traded. First we need coins to circulate, then we need higher volumes to have lower price impact. We can then address market cap to come into the same area as DarkSilk which by then would have a head start based on its technological superiority. How we will do this is a trade secret.
snip..

not sure if you know how a multipool works... only thing here i can see that could possibly raise value.. but basically the silk paid out to miners that raises value (as coins are bought on exhchange) will not equal the behemoth difference of silk dumps to buy darksilk.  because yes.  this is cryptocurrebcy.  technology is king.

fhe developers are making silk worthless.  theyve literally said it will be silver to darksilk as gold.   that literally means it will have lesser value and the market will be flooded with cheap silk dumped on the weaver.. i think the wool is pulled over your eyes friend.  

You are right Silk mining pool payment will not equal the behemoth difference in price but it will refresh coins in circulation, as flowing water never grows stale.

There needs to be a bit of liquidity on the Silk market to allow for what we have in store for it. Right now the price impact on Silk is very high because of its low price and low ask-quantities, we need to reduce this over a certain period of time by increasing price and/or ask-quantities aka sell pressure.

yes..  but of course.. who owns all the silk? id like to guess that this thread owns 50% or more.. so why would you want to drop the price? why would not silkcoin be the superior coin??the only thing that makes sense here is for the corporation to make money off all of you dumping your coins on the weaver (which who knows when will be launched) to profit the transaction fees on your broken dreams to be early adopters of darksilk (which who knows when will be launched)
Pages:
Jump to: