Pages:
Author

Topic: OmiseGo - page 53. (Read 206859 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
September 10, 2017, 12:27:49 AM
Good news for OMG will be listed on Binance from 12 september.

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001495491

Meh.. Binance only has about 10% of the volume Bittrex does
Do you know how old Binance is?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 09, 2017, 08:08:06 PM
OMG has a hug potential. I can see $25 - $30 EOY  Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
September 09, 2017, 12:51:42 PM
Theory of China Ban:
THE DOUBLE EDGE SWORD.
China Ban is a double edge sword. On the one hand, it creates FUD and sense of decreased market capitalization. Which is true, but I've just though of another side effect of this ban.
As we all know, cashing out our Crypto coins isn't an easy task. Unless if you have a business that sells your coins to others. We're all hit with limitations, whether that be weekly or monthly of how much money can be pulled out of crypto.
Think about China's situation for a second. Yes, they're moving around billions of cryptocoins, but what exchange/bank in China will allow such a withdrawal at a give moments notice.
If anything, a side effect of the China BAN will be, CRYPTO-COINS IN LIMBO, because:
1. They couldn't cash out fast enough.
2. The exchanges are closed so they cant access.
3. The banks don't allow withdrawals from Cryptoexchanges
This would mean billions of untouched Crypto in the market due to the ban...
Thoughts?

I was not aware of, that exchanges are closed. Do you have any article on this one? The ban for my understanding is just for ICOs. They actually simply want to put some regulations on top, which will make it not easy for smaller budgets in the future to invest into the ICOs. So business will go back to business angles and incubators than crowedfunding.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 12:42:15 PM
Theory of China Ban:
THE DOUBLE EDGE SWORD.
China Ban is a double edge sword. On the one hand, it creates FUD and sense of decreased market capitalization. Which is true, but I've just though of another side effect of this ban.
As we all know, cashing out our Crypto coins isn't an easy task. Unless if you have a business that sells your coins to others. We're all hit with limitations, whether that be weekly or monthly of how much money can be pulled out of crypto.
Think about China's situation for a second. Yes, they're moving around billions of cryptocoins, but what exchange/bank in China will allow such a withdrawal at a give moments notice.
If anything, a side effect of the China BAN will be, CRYPTO-COINS IN LIMBO, because:
1. They couldn't cash out fast enough.
2. The exchanges are closed so they cant access.
3. The banks don't allow withdrawals from Cryptoexchanges
This would mean billions of untouched Crypto in the market due to the ban...
Thoughts?
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
September 09, 2017, 12:19:03 PM
I think OMG has a huge potential. His team and support of Vitaliy Buterin is very serious. I think OMG has not shown even half of its potential.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
September 09, 2017, 11:06:15 AM
OMG currently bucking the trend and not loosing much value like most other tokens
Activity: 28
September 09, 2017, 09:51:44 AM

Meh.. Binance only has about 10% of the volume Bittrex does
Activity: 200
Merit: 101
September 09, 2017, 09:38:52 AM

Activity: 33
September 09, 2017, 04:17:52 AM
OmiseGO had flown under my radar up until this past month so I thought I would share my compiled research. The goal of this article is not to give investment advice but rather to educate those interested about the project.
Before I get to the top ten things you may not know about OmiseGO let me give an introduction to the project and their vision for those who may not be familiar as it is often misunderstood.
Activity: 31
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 03:45:24 AM

Can you please explain a newbie how can fiat be apart of the system here? is it the client sending fiat money to the OmiseGo team and they give him coins? isn't it making the project a sort of centralized bank?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
September 08, 2017, 11:45:36 PM
OmigeGo is available at CoinSwitch. But it at best rates from https://www.coinswitch.co/exchange/btc/omg/0.1
Activity: 72
September 08, 2017, 04:34:04 PM
These are just rumors. China will never Ban crypto echanges. They just want to regulate trades.
And also they want to regulate ICOs . I think they take action before big ICO scams

Almost all tokens are red. The main ship is also all red.  BTC approaching $4k
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
September 08, 2017, 04:23:55 PM
Believe, belive, we are in a young age of cryptocurrency it will explode in a few years, I have invested much in OMG and support the project, also a good point to be mentioned is that Vitalik is involved in the project and thus is backed by a great person, also omg is making partnerships with some great other projects, see their twitter account for more information and keep yourselfes up-to-date !
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
September 08, 2017, 03:51:30 PM
These are just rumors. China will never Ban crypto echanges. They just want to regulate trades.
And also they want to regulate ICOs . I think they take action before big ICO scams
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
Activity: 597
September 08, 2017, 06:16:08 AM
I don't get the valuation for this project.

Value of this project:

-Coop with Ethereum ,but not against it

-Backed by allstar dev team Vitalik, Joseph Poon, Gavin Wood

-The first blokchain company with FacePay technology

-Thai Ministerium of Finance partner.

-Have allready signed a partnership with McDonalds. More companies are coming.

I think it is enough to get some OmiseGo before main release in the begining of 2018.

Yes fancy names and lofty ideas, but you keep ignoring the fact that it's centralized. The day the goverment decides this is not in their best intrest they will shut it down. Also it's not an algorithm you are trusting, but a company.

This handles your centralized worry:

https://www.reddit.com/r/omise_go/comments/6xzcbl/the_chinese_announcement_may_be_pertinent_to_omg/dmjm9jn/

"Mainland China has the most advanced and well-integrated digital payments infrastructure in Asia, with hundreds of millions of people using financial service company-controlled tokens for payments daily. The digital tokens prohibition refers to decentralized currencies and actually dates back to December 2013, when merchants were prohibited from pricing goods and services in Bitcoin (and banks were told to not provide services to companies that dealt in cryptocurrencies). The OMG network is currency-agnostic and the open-source, white-label digital wallet framework we provide will allow financial service companies to select what services they provide their end-users, in compliance with the regulations they must follow.
In short, not bad news for us. We'll keep on OmiseGOing Smiley"

Also, regardless of whether you were trusting an algorithm or a company, what exactly is the problem in trusting a company (Omise) that last I checked already sees billions in revenue pass through it yearly  Huh

WAIT!! Did you say China? Thats a solid Country to do business with.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 08, 2017, 06:04:58 AM
OmiseGO is not in coordinate rivalry with current e-wallets or digital currency prepaid cards, for example, TenX yet rather gives a way to them to defeat the impediment of their closed platform. Also, it gives a way to us to pay with any computerized resource we might want to use,for instance, you could pay utilizing Bitcoin, AirMiles, or your own nations fiat cash to purchase basic supplies while abroad.
Activity: 318
September 08, 2017, 05:29:07 AM
You guys think it's still worth it to invest in it? I'm a bit late on discovering this project and the price is very high now...
The best option to dump your deeponion coin and move it to the omisego. That gives the more chance for you to get a lot of profit rather than just try to keep your shitcoin like deeponion. It may become the best choice for you. You must read the latest statement by the omg dev.

Roll Eyes... this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, he's just talking out his ass.  There's absolutely no reason you can't own both.
Activity: 1092
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 08, 2017, 05:19:43 AM
The price is rising everyday. Could the slow down a little bit, I can't buy at such rates  Cheesy
Activity: 318
September 08, 2017, 05:06:59 AM
I don't get the valuation for this project.

Value of this project:

-Coop with Ethereum ,but not against it

-Backed by allstar dev team Vitalik, Joseph Poon, Gavin Wood

-The first blokchain company with FacePay technology

-Thai Ministerium of Finance partner.

-Have allready signed a partnership with McDonalds. More companies are coming.

I think it is enough to get some OmiseGo before main release in the begining of 2018.

Yes fancy names and lofty ideas, but you keep ignoring the fact that it's centralized. The day the goverment decides this is not in their best intrest they will shut it down. Also it's not an algorithm you are trusting, but a company.

This handles your centralized worry:

https://www.reddit.com/r/omise_go/comments/6xzcbl/the_chinese_announcement_may_be_pertinent_to_omg/dmjm9jn/

"Mainland China has the most advanced and well-integrated digital payments infrastructure in Asia, with hundreds of millions of people using financial service company-controlled tokens for payments daily. The digital tokens prohibition refers to decentralized currencies and actually dates back to December 2013, when merchants were prohibited from pricing goods and services in Bitcoin (and banks were told to not provide services to companies that dealt in cryptocurrencies). The OMG network is currency-agnostic and the open-source, white-label digital wallet framework we provide will allow financial service companies to select what services they provide their end-users, in compliance with the regulations they must follow.
In short, not bad news for us. We'll keep on OmiseGOing Smiley"

Also, regardless of whether you were trusting an algorithm or a company, what exactly is the problem in trusting a company (Omise) that last I checked already sees billions in revenue pass through it yearly  Huh

Pages:
Jump to: