Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 105. (Read 176798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
I'm all for killing shit coins. I have a very decent amount of hash power to add to forking coins, PM me if needed.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I do not think it is fair to damage the very small investment the most recent miners have accumulated through effort and their cost in electricity.

Yes some of those coins if not 90% are just clones nothing but litecoin with a new name. However so are the last wave.

Halting all new coins that come after a certain date will not damage anyone financially since nobody has had time to invest time or electricity into them

I fully agree with stopping all new clones that are just copy and paste, especially with premine. I don't think we should take what little the new miners have paid to accrue away although most of those coin probably were made for personal enrichment only by the original dev.

Let's stop that happening with new coins.

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
http://Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

maybe PoW mining is good criteria for shitcoin status, eh?

well , i think scam coin should be first focus.... we have legitimate gripe against those...

Pure shit well i guess people are allowed to make a choice... however if we educate people to see they are wasting their time on shit... hopefully they will not mine or support it.
Getting rid of scams is something I like. Arbitrarily labeling others peoples efforts as shit and trying to destroy them is going to cause big problems for all involved.
THIS!

Indeed, we will see if this evolves as a serious effort, or a different way to promote the personal self-interest of the ones that flock to this thread ...  
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Education seems to be a common theme, as good as an approach it is and we as a whole will try and use this in numbers, sadly will not solve all. But it's a damn good start.
legendary
Activity: 924

Coins not exempt are
-Clones not older than 8 months. If you cloned another coin and just changed the rewards, your on the list.
-IPO coins.
-Premine greater than 1%.
-Devs that have no idea on what their coin is or how it works.
-Fake coins or coins that clearly have no intention of development.

It is an error to use percentage. 1% of 1M is 10,000 coins at 1 sat = .0001BTC - not worth the effort scamming. 1% of 1B is 10M coins at 1 sat = .1BTC - worth scamming.

Of course many coins either have lower coins with higher % of premine or 10, 20, 30 billions of coins with 1% of premine but if they get to sell at 10 sat - 1 BTC or more.

In essence there should be no premine or any premine to be done in terms of number of coins needed for so-called development. The number of premine coins can be converted to % to get a general idea. If anyone is serious about premine then there could be a team of anti-scammers, i.e  Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up could hold a cold wallet and developers of any new coins would be required to send the premine coins to be kept in storage. When they have fulfilled their conditions of development, premine coins could be released bit by bit by sending 'payment' to the developers from the cold wallet in storage. This, i believe, would then reassure the miners and investors that the developers get nothing until they have done their part and makes the coin resistance to dumping.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
http://Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

well , i think scam coin should be first focus.... we have legitimate gripe against those...

Pure shit well i guess people are allowed to make a choice... however if we educate people to see they are wasting their time on shit... hopefully they will not mine or support it.
First of all i will say this:

The legality of this proposal is grey at best, however the goverments are doing nothing to stop this, it is time we step up and begin policing our community for the greater good. we need to send the message, however many times it takes, that we will destroy any attempt of creating new altcoins, atleast those that lack innovation. the necessary evil here is that we must fork each and everyone of these coins to destroy them.

This being said, we can' t just run around the community forking coins, we need an SOP(Standard Operating Protocol) in place

Here's my proposal:
Prerequisites:
1. we need a private area for discussion away from this forum.
2. we have a centralized pool we use to orchestrate the attack(s)
3. we have a designated leader, and designated roles within the alliance.
4. we absolutely must include shakezula and BCX in this.
5. we do not fork any of the previous generation of altcoins, back when we were making coins for fun, before these scammers arrived.
Phase 1:
We vote on the coin to fork. once consensus is reached, we proceed to stage 2. announcing our intensions to the General Public.
Phase 2:
we announce it to the public. 7 days notice is given.
we alert respective exchanges of our intention about the coin, and encourage them to delist it. if they refuse we move on to phase 3.
Phase 3:
We setup the pool on our own private network with our custom, low difficulty client. we mine from block 0 to thoroughly erase the blockchain.(very easy. we mine ahead 3,000 blocks, then suddenly flood the network.)
Phase 4:
We are done.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Getting rid of scams is something I like. Arbitrarily labeling others peoples efforts as shit and trying to destroy them is going to cause big problems for all involved.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
If there was a serious discuss on how to approach the problem i would be in and help.

If a few and serious people gather...
legendary

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

legendary
everyone will have an opinion on which is a shitclone and which is not.

You idea will be met with fierce resistance to any coins released since they will have a few members in each community.

If you want this to work you need minor resistance. Therefore start from a point in the future because nobody yet has a vested interest in the coin.

It will never work doing it this way really.

I think already we see the new coins getting destroyed by natural forces and things like the new mine nxt pool and blackcoin one are going to terminate them gradually.

Also the person in control would need to have a perfect reputuation and hero member at least.  Can't have that kind of power in the hand of anyone on here with a personal agenda or who does not follow the will of the community. I think voting is essential. However yes, these 1000's of clones must be stopped somehow.

Starting from a future point will have a lot more chance of gaining support.

I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.
Fidel Castro

If we start a 51% attack pool against communities now... that will get ddos and all kinds of issues because people are invested already in terms of electricity and effort.

If we start on coins where nobody has yet invested = no resistance. If we cut off all new coins after this point then that would be a very good start. Any blatant scam ones should be taken down too, but then there will be honest miners who get damaged who were not in on the scam i guess.

For something like this to work you need a lot of unity and not too much resistance. Once it gains traction and power then you can afford to get more ambitious.

You better hope to get bcx and hash whales on side because if not it's not going anywhere. Try to attack one of the coins they favour and you will need a huge team onboard to do anything.

Also how can we attack pos coins? don't we need 51% of the coins to do this? or is it not as simple as that?

Even an entire group of people coordinating a combined attack on each new ANN thread can have a  huge effect. Of course we need a valid reason to define them as scams or else we just look like bullies trying to make the market as we see fit which will maybe not go down well.

Educating noobs not to mine the latest shitclones would be useful too.

legendary

You idea will be met with fierce resistance to any coins released since they will have a few members in each community.

If you want this to work you need minor resistance. Therefore start from a point in the future because nobody yet has a vested interest in the coin.

I think already we see the new coins getting destroyed by natural forces and things like the new mine nxt pool and blackcoin one are going to terminate them gradually.

Also the person in control would need to have a perfect reputuation and hero member at least.  Can't have that kind of power in the hand of anyone on here with a personal agenda or who does not follow the will of the community. I think voting is essential. However yes, these 1000's of clones must be stopped somehow.

I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action.
Fidel Castro

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
i can put our differences aside for this noble cause. count me in.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1232
I have an idea. We start a pool where we can mine shit PoW scamcoins and fork them. Most scamcoin devs won't know how to fix them and the coin will die. we can make it expensive for them to pay others to fix.

kill the blockchain, kill the coin.

Fantastic idea. Pool operators PM me.

Nice idea.

thanks. this can also apply to scrypt pow/pos coins, as most most scamcoin devs dont even know how to setup a checkpoint server.

A nice concentrated pool of hashers, we can fork a coin and it wouldn't take that long. A nice 1-2 ghash attack can crush most blockchains. Even with KGW we can launch a time travel exploit attack.

Fork a coin enough times, and exchanges wont even bother updating clients. this should discourage people from getting scammed.

SHA256 coins die off quick on their own, look at AsicCoin and EMark for prime examples. So this pool would apply to Scrypt-based scamcoins.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Just put all the country coins in that list and we're good.
Alongside with all the localized coins, including United States themed ones like USDe, Bernankoin, etc...
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

Post them up.

It all starts with being aware.

First and foremost thing you have to do is define 2 words: "shitcoin" and "scamcoin"

You need an exact definition, otherwise everyone will blame everyone that their coin is a shit/scam coin.
legendary

Post them up.

It all starts with being aware.
legendary
Artistic sigs on the fight against the shitcoin that are made will be added to the OP for all to put in their signatures.

First T-shirt that someone makes that I can buy online about this I will buy a copy and put the post in the OP for others to buy.

What's next?
BTC donation address to fight shitcoins?
IPO?

No but if someone say needed hosting for website or pool servers, I'm sure me or others are more than willing to provide the funding.

I know I am.
Jump to: