Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 28. (Read 176798 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Its been over a year since mudda set the precident.

And nothing but newbs peddling shyte ever since. Cry

Well the influx of newbies is what caused all this trouble. They just keep jumping from 1 clone to another. I don't even waste time reading their specifications. Luckily I've found a few that stand out and I'll stick to those.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
So in your opinion all premined coins are not worthy
while all POW coins that call for a race of who has the most expensive machine are better ?
I personally don't think so
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
The exchanges are part of the problem, really. 

The fact is they're accepting bribes to list coins instead of listing coins on the basis of value or utility.

Which means they've made their money regardless of what happens to the coin.  They'll keep it on the board until it looks like the devs don't have the wherewithal to bribe them again, then they'll take it down.

The fact that they accept just any random coin is a problem too. The coin usually just gets dumped and a new one made. This has been going on for months now.

The exchanges care only about the money , they won't stop accepting coins just to create a better future with empty pockets
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Hi All,

I did an article on Shitcoins... please feel free to review and provide comments!

http://www.judgecrypto.com/1/post/2014/05/what-is-a-shitcoin.html

Judge Crypto

Great article ! Thanks !

Funny how, I just finished answering the same question. heh..

Hippie Tech i would actually take you up on your suggestion, can you write down what defines a shitcoin from a good coin?

Hi coinjohn. Smiley

Is the dev/coin :

a forum Newbie/ Jr. Member ?
open to the public's input ?
accountable ?
trustworthy ?
innovative ?
fair to the early adopters and investors ?
friendly to the parasitic multi pools ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hi All,

I did an article on Shitcoins... please feel free to review and provide comments!

http://www.judgecrypto.com/1/post/2014/05/what-is-a-shitcoin.html

Judge Crypto
legendary

The fact is they're accepting bribes to list coins instead of listing coins on the basis of value or utility.

Which means they've made their money regardless of what happens to the coin.  They'll keep it on the board until it looks like the devs don't have the wherewithal to bribe them again, then they'll take it down.

The fact that they accept just any random coin is a problem too. The coin usually just gets dumped and a new one made. This has been going on for months now.

Its been over a year since mudda set the precident.

And nothing but newbs peddling shyte ever since. Cry
legendary
Terminated.

Which means they've made their money regardless of what happens to the coin.  They'll keep it on the board until it looks like the devs don't have the wherewithal to bribe them again, then they'll take it down.

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
wow.

This revolution sure is making a lot of progress. Over eighty pages. No clean up. By the way, Mudda, how is Memecoin going?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132

in defi we trust
So , have any coins been clean out ?
Any update or example of real work done against this clones and scams?

I think the thread started out as warning to shitcoin developers, and then later evolved into spoetnic's blog  Grin

The rise of the shitcoin empire is too big to take down by a sniper. It needs time to collapse in its own weight. The scaling of the ever growing exchanges will deem unprofitable at some point and it will make economic sense to be choosy. That will organically reflect in the un-profitability of churning out shitcoins. In other words, the production of low mileage cars will phase out as the price of oil increases. I say it will be atleast a year before the exchanges wisen up.

Now if only Poloniex would list freebiecoins  Wink

Three is another possibility.. which can drown all the altcoins.
If btc drops to 100 , let's see who will mine them , or use them altogether Smiley

But , i really don't wanna see that happening.
in defi we trust
I'm not against nation crypto concept or premines in a context that make sense. BTCI think some of these may be legitimate and could help increase Bitcoin adoption rate and bring the crypto idea to the general population.  :-*They could serve an interesting agenda of decentralization. Mazacoin made false claims that lead people to invest based on lies.

And the failure of those coisn and the scams behind them will make people think that the even btc is a scam
legendary
Activity: 1232
mining is so 2012-2013
I think the spread between the real coins and the shit coins is getting ever more and more separated.  It seems to me only newbies wanting to "get rich quick" are investing in shitcoins.  And it is true, it is an amazing get rich quick scheme, but for the developer and people that are a part of the pump.  I definitely don't like investing in shitcoins.  Way too many bag holders. 

But again, the divide between the real deal and the fakes is getting ever more apparent.  As time goes on, I think it will be harder and harder to break into the top 10, but the real trick is staying there.  It seems that their are at least 5 coins that month in and month out are in the top 10.  The other places in the top 10 (usually on the lower half) are reserved for the shit coin pump of the week or month. 

The way I see it, the longer a coin has been in the top 10, the longer its chances are of staying there.  Especially the coins that somehow get into the top 10 overnight, are especially prone to being out of it very quickly too. 
Activity: 115
Cryptocurrencies is future
I'm not against nation crypto concept or premines in a context that make sense. BTCI think some of these may be legitimate and could help increase Bitcoin adoption rate and bring the crypto idea to the general population.  :-*They could serve an interesting agenda of decentralization. Mazacoin made false claims that lead people to invest based on lies.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

I think the thread started out as warning to shitcoin developers, and then later evolved into spoetnic's blog  Grin

The rise of the shitcoin empire is too big to take down by a sniper. It needs time to collapse in its own weight. The scaling of the ever growing exchanges will deem unprofitable at some point and it will make economic sense to be choosy. That will organically reflect in the un-profitability of churning out shitcoins. In other words, the production of low mileage cars will phase out as the price of oil increases. I say it will be atleast a year before the exchanges wisen up.

Now if only Poloniex would list freebiecoins  Wink
legendary

Like this ? Grin

hmmm... I thought FC was Perez ...

FrictionlessCoin has a lot of personalities accounts, this is a hard fact...

Maybe he confuses them sometimes...
You know with all the scams, lies, insults, etc. he runs at the same time mixups can happen  Wink

This dev has too many shitcoins. Roll Eyes
Activity: 100
in defi we trust
legendary
Terminated.
OrangeCoin.

Smiley

.5% is too small. Looking for heavily premined coins with useless devs that usually involve an IPO followed by lack of services.
You can look at this website http://mapofcoins.com/ (as it has near 400 coins listed). I'm pretty sure that over half are scam coins.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
I observed AUR with zero market cap today.  That's kind of a spectacular crash; whom should we be thanking? 

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
OrangeCoin.

Smiley

.5% is too small. Looking for heavily premined coins with useless devs that usually involve an IPO followed by lack of services.
Pages:
Jump to: