Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 5. (Read 176699 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
only premine that is acceptable, is when by design its distribution methods is via (properly controlled and documented) giveaways or similar. 

What about premine that is used to pay for the development?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Hi Evil Dave Wink
tough call what can we do ? the REALLY scammy ones get hidden in the sea of crappiness.
singling them out is tough because most guys just won't care or pay attention I think (to what is called out)
shaming is the only option I see.. the method was used in history lots especially in politics..
like when the US fed reserve bailed out the big banks for about 3.64 trillion dollars and then the public heard about million dollar bonuses etc..
the public ran out and had protests etc (shaming)
this is typical through out history and seen here at the forum too !

what else ? 51% ?
well many are 100% IPO style coins etc ..would be less effective of an attack ?

I have grown to be more interested in focusing on the top biggest scam coins rather than trying to chase after them all.
I never go in the ANN section for example.. I just wait until one starts to pick up steam (in the main section) or if I am tipped off (like Blocknet)
Saying I had to learn to tone it down and be less aggressive with it all for the good of the intended purpose I have. (pick your battles) LOL
Need to appeal to the guys making them behind the scenes I think.. that is the key.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
hmm grand re-opening Mudda ?
I am all for it but is this going to amount to anything other than Coin-Shaming and Trolling / Fighting  (from the scammers playing dumb)
I tried to bring up alt tactics to fight the problem way back but it didn't do any good (caused lots of drama though) hahaha
It may be easier to just try listing the coins that ARE legit vs listing 1,000's of shit coins.

Indeed, nowadays I just assume that all altcoins are shitcoins unless they're proven otherewise.  The shitcoins are basically arriving and closing every week, too many to keep up with.

One thing I asked about in this thread when it was open before and I never heard back about it was a list of coins actually taken down by this project.  As I understood it, the idea was to do >51% attacks on the shitcoins to close them.  Are there any examples of successfully attacked shitcoins?  I would participate in such an endeavour but I don't have any reasonably scrypt miner.  Nevertheless, I'm following along anxiously from the sidelines.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
I am all for it but is this going to amount to anything other than Coin-Shaming and Trolling / Fighting  (from the scammers playing dumb)
I tried to bring up alt tactics to fight the problem way back but it didn't do any good (caused lots of drama though) hahaha
It may be easier to just try listing the coins that ARE legit vs listing 1,000's of shit coins.

I think it's a bit different now in that there is more of an effort to continue to clean it up and before it was mainly just you against 100's of sock accounts trying to turn everyone against you. I think your right that it might be easier to just list the ones that are legit vs the scam/shady ones, plus you get better results focusing on positive aspects.

There are threads as well that can be linked to for specific scam accusations, Cryptodevil has been battling the Scrypt.cc Ponzi scheme the past month and also has links to a thread he created debunking with proof and a separate thread with ratings of different cloudmining threads.

Yay, Spoetnik !
Good to see you still around, even after all the drama.  Wink
Trying to get a non-scammy coin list together will never, ever work, though.
We might get as far as agreeing on BTC, then all hell will break loose as we take a look at Ripple and LTC, and shit will escalate badly when Dash, BTS and Nxt come up for discussion. How about Peercoin ?
Could be fun, but a lot of work..... Cheesy

I think that the best we (as a community) can do is to commit to stay as honest as possible with our own projects, and to point out scams and dishonesty whenever we see them.
Can't ask people to do much more than that, really, and if everyone does their best.......problem solved.

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
yes problem is crypto is just full of scamcoins now, too many to clean up, and many scaryingling doing every well on the crypto charts, sometimes the more you expose them the better they do  Sad

now my definition of a scamcoin is one created for the purpose of making the devs fiat. all ico, premines fit this category.

only premine that is acceptable, is when by design its distribution methods is via (properly controlled and documented) giveaways or similar. 

Has this ever happened?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
yes problem is crypto is just full of scamcoins now, too many to clean up, and many scaryingling doing every well on the crypto charts, sometimes the more you expose them the better they do  Sad

now my definition of a scamcoin is one created for the purpose of making the devs fiat. all ico, premines fit this category.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

I think it's a bit different now in that there is more of an effort to continue to clean it up and before it was mainly just you against 100's of sock accounts trying to turn everyone against you. I think your right that it might be easier to just list the ones that are legit vs the scam/shady ones, plus you get better results focusing on positive aspects.

There are threads as well that can be linked to for specific scam accusations, Cryptodevil has been battling the Scrypt.cc Ponzi scheme the past month and also has links to a thread he created debunking with proof and a separate thread with ratings of different cloudmining threads.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
If it's still around TransitCoin [TNT] which was launched (or maybe not even launched) as a 100% premine with no open source and you could only get them on the TNT exchange, which turned out to be a Cryptsy account after some of the more well known Blockchain detectives traced the addresses after a false bounty for 10,000 XPY was made.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tntswapcom-official-thread-support-and-discussion-1072935

Can we evolve this to also include Cloudmining Ponzi Schemes? Like say... Scrypt.cc?

our maybe cloudminer.io kek.

but good to see this thread open again. I still vote for extremecoin
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
If it's still around TransitCoin [TNT] which was launched (or maybe not even launched) as a 100% premine with no open source and you could only get them on the TNT exchange, which turned out to be a Cryptsy account after some of the more well known Blockchain detectives traced the addresses after a false bounty for 10,000 XPY was made.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tntswapcom-official-thread-support-and-discussion-1072935

Can we evolve this to also include Cloudmining Ponzi Schemes? Like say... Scrypt.cc?
legendary
i am wondering about nexus.
developer keeps delaying everything and source is still closed! i am not sure what to think, what are you thoughts?
it looks like it can be real  Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nexus-pure-sha3-cpugpu-npos-15-active-innovations-more-to-come-657601
developer is saying he created new pos code that is even better than ppc or blk!

I'd say if it's closed source, then it's probably a scam.
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
i am wondering about nexus.
developer keeps delaying everything and source is still closed! i am not sure what to think, what are you thoughts?
it looks like it can be real  Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nexus-pure-sha3-cpugpu-npos-15-active-innovations-more-to-come-657601
developer is saying he created new pos code that is even better than ppc or blk!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Time to reopen this bad boy. If someone want to update the OP with a more current list please post it up.

Bytecoin (BCN) - First cryptonote, lots of fancy new features, but with 80+% premine, seems shady as shit. (Also, such a huge concentration of wealth can apparently break the anonymity afforded by ring signatures.)

Guldencoin (NLG) - 10% premine supposedly to be distributed to Netherfolk, but now changed into a premine slush fund for funding whatever projects dev feels is appropriate.

Trestor (Huh) - Completely premined scam with 100B total coins that they're trying to sell for $0.01 each, for instamarketcap of $1B.

X-coin/Darkcoin/Dash - Yes, has added some features, but I think instamine of 10% of all coins/50% of currently available coins in first day or two were mined outweigh the (questionably effective) anonymity schemes. I mean, if you have to change your name several times to try to sever ties with your sordid history...

Probably lots of others, but those are a few I noticed missing from the first post.

added to OP
legendary
Time to reopen this bad boy. If someone want to update the OP with a more current list please post it up.

Bytecoin (BCN) - First cryptonote, lots of fancy new features, but with 80+% premine, seems shady as shit. (Also, such a huge concentration of wealth can apparently break the anonymity afforded by ring signatures.)

Guldencoin (NLG) - 10% premine supposedly to be distributed to Netherfolk, but now changed into a premine slush fund for funding whatever projects dev feels is appropriate.

Trestor (Huh) - Completely premined scam with 100B total coins that they're trying to sell for $0.01 each, for instamarketcap of $1B.

X-coin/Darkcoin/Dash - Yes, has added some features, but I think instamine of 10% of all coins/50% of currently available coins in first day or two were mined outweigh the (questionably effective) anonymity schemes. I mean, if you have to change your name several times to try to sever ties with your sordid history...

Probably lots of others, but those are a few I noticed missing from the first post.
legendary
So why is the coin you put on your OP list a coin you have been defending before if it's proven scam?
See link in your trust.

Everyone I would like to welcome Bitspender. Can anyone guess why Bitspender is in this thread?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
So why is the coin you put on your OP list a coin you have been defending before if it's proven scam?
See link in your trust.
legendary
Since you tried selling your account, and having more negative trust rating then most users do, i dont feel like you should be having this topic at all!

All that neg feedback is from proven scammers. Boy oh boy did you just put yourself in their basket. Sometimes it takes a hit to make a point.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Rebumping this thread might mean that there are exciting times to come soon Cheesy I'm completely ready for an altcoin gold rush again Cheesy
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Since you tried selling your account, and having more negative trust rating then most users do, i dont feel like you should be having this topic at all!

Pages:
Jump to: