Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD) - page 11. (Read 115904 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
v1.6.1
2x R9 390 ~750 S/s
volt    +13 mV
cclock   1110
mem     1500
temp     69 C
stock bios
Crimson 16.6

Very good work dear sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Can anyone help me improve upon this?
Also, is there any log option for optiminer?

Ty esteemed gentlemen.

Yes.  Why not volt -50 to -75 for example.  You will save power.  Risk is that it crashes. 
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I'm running Linux with the 15.12 drivers (R9 380 & 380x cards) and the Readme specifies that should be using "fgrlx 15.30.3".   Am I going to notice a difference if I spend the time to upgrade to the newer driver?   changing drivers can be such a pain that I hate to waste the time if I'm not going to really benefit from it.  I already took a big jump going from claymore's 11.1 and (knock on wood) 1.6.0 is running stable.

so is the driver upgrade worth it?

First, I have Nanos, so the optimized kernels are different than yours, but when v1.4 came out with the asm kernels, I couldn't get it to run, even though v1.3.2 ran fine. I was running fglrx 15-201 drivers. Optiminer told me I needed to update to the latest fglrx driver, which is 15-302. I did, without too much pain, and v1.4 ran fine. But, since you are up and running stable, I wouldn't bother, just keep it in the back of your mind if/when some future miner update fails. Smiley

I second that. If things are running fine with Linux/fgrlx 15.12 just keep using them. There should not be any speed difference in this case.

Sounds good.  Thanks!
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
I'm running Linux with the 15.12 drivers (R9 380 & 380x cards) and the Readme specifies that should be using "fgrlx 15.30.3".   Am I going to notice a difference if I spend the time to upgrade to the newer driver?   changing drivers can be such a pain that I hate to waste the time if I'm not going to really benefit from it.  I already took a big jump going from claymore's 11.1 and (knock on wood) 1.6.0 is running stable.

First, I have Nanos, so the optimized kernels are different than yours, but when v1.4 came out with the asm kernels, I couldn't get it to run, even though v1.3.2 ran fine. I was running fglrx 15-201 drivers. Optiminer told me I needed to update to the latest fglrx driver, which is 15-302. I did, without too much pain, and v1.4 ran fine. But, since you are up and running stable, I wouldn't bother, just keep it in the back of your mind if/when some future miner update fails. Smiley

I second that. If things are running fine with Linux/fgrlx 15.12 just keep using them. There should not be any speed difference in this case.
Activity: 150

Activity: 50

Activity: 164
Very unstable in 1.6 and 1.6.1  Crashes daily.  Some card don't even hash even after a hard reboot.  Have to switch back to Claymore.
Activity: 18
v1.6.1
2x R9 390 ~750 S/s
volt    +13 mV
cclock   1110
mem     1500
temp     69 C
stock bios
Crimson 16.6

Very good work dear sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Can anyone help me improve upon this?
Also, is there any log option for optiminer?

Ty esteemed gentlemen.
Activity: 42
Optiminer since 1.5.0 (1.6.0 and 1.6.1 too) is still not working with modded R9 390. Though Claymore 11.1 works like a charm
Activity: 3
what is the correct bat file
for watchdog enabled option?

because some card stop working after some hours? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
same problem. also asking for help.

I'm currently not using windows, but you could try creating a BAT file (watchdog.bat) with the following:
shutdown -r -f -c "GPU card freeze"

Then configure your start.bat to look something like:
optiminer -s %POOL% -u %USER% -p %PASSWORD% -m 8080 --watchdog-timeout 30 --watchdog-cmd "watchdog.bat"

I found these links for reference on shutting down a mswindows computer:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491003.aspx

Let me know if this works.
Activity: 3

because some card stop working after some hours? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I use Linux.

The watchdog-cmd.sh (that comes in the compressed file along with the binaries) is the shell script that has to be run when a card stops responding. You need to edit it and enable the method that works best for you. My watchdog-cmd.sh looks like this:

#!/bin/bash

## Hard reset: (Requires 'Magic SysRq key (CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ)' enabled in kernel.)

echo "--------------" >> /opt/optiminer/optiminer-zcash.log
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq
echo u > /proc/sysrq-trigger
sleep 1
echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger

The mine.sh has the watchdog-cmd.sh already configured.

In my case, the watchdog-cmd.sh never gets fired, so I wrote another script to monitor the log file and wait for something like has not produced any solution in it, when the text is found, the script will call the watchdog-cmd.sh. This solution has been working for me quite fine.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
files
does anyone have working bat file

for watchdog enabled at windows 10?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Activity: 25

same problem. also asking for help.
Activity: 344
Merit: 251
- [1.6.1] Print warning when running on non-optimal driver/platform.
- [1.6.1] Fix: Don't try to run on non-AMD GPUs.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Nice job on the r9 nano. The 7970 are crashing. Opencl decice not found.. the bin file is missing
Activity: 40
V1.5 and V1.6 have been crashing the 16.11 driver on my 290.  This happens at stock and overclocked.  Actually it's weird, I ran 1.5 from release right up until last Tuesday, so about 7 days, when it hung.  Since then I cannot get V1.5 or 1.6 to run stable at stock or overclocked settings.  This happens with stock or modded BIOSs.  V1.3.2 runs without any problem, but speed is lower.

Could something have changed server side on Nicehash that is causing the crashing?  Temps are fine as it is watercooled and VRMs are staying at under 70C.  Not sure what could suddenly cause the instability.

I have the exact same problem . On my rx 480 (modded or not modded) on Optiminer 1.5 or 1.6 . Temp of mobo,gpu,vrm,.. are fine too. It stop after less than an hour . I didn't test v 1.3.2 tho . So weird
Activity: 37
V1.5 and V1.6 have been crashing the 16.11 driver on my 290.  This happens at stock and overclocked.  Actually it's weird, I ran 1.5 from release right up until last Tuesday, so about 7 days, when it hung.  Since then I cannot get V1.5 or 1.6 to run stable at stock or overclocked settings.  This happens with stock or modded BIOSs.  V1.3.2 runs without any problem, but speed is lower.

Could something have changed server side on Nicehash that is causing the crashing?  Temps are fine as it is watercooled and VRMs are staying at under 70C.  Not sure what could suddenly cause the instability.
Activity: 150
please help me configure mining to flypool

my but file

SET GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

optiminer -s eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1cCsQhjhFi8ZDbQNZB6tVEJaeBEQ1B7swq.7 -p xx -m 8080

pause

https://gyazo.com/6426d0beeeb46272bb929c42de5726aa  but mining fail Cry 

With Optiminer you need "zstratum://" prefix before the pool address. Like: zstratum://eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333. If you mining securely: zstratum+tls://eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3443

No, you do not need ""zstratum://" prefix before the pool address". You only need it if you are connecting with "tls", as in your second example. Mine:

optiminer-zcash -d 0 -s nexus:9999 -u testie -p x -i 7 --watchdog-timeout 5 --watchdog-cmd ./watchdog-cmd
Activity: 22
please help me configure mining to flypool

my but file

SET GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

optiminer -s eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1cCsQhjhFi8ZDbQNZB6tVEJaeBEQ1B7swq.7 -p xx -m 8080

pause

https://gyazo.com/6426d0beeeb46272bb929c42de5726aa  but mining fail Cry 

With Optiminer you need "zstratum://" prefix before the pool address. Like: zstratum://eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333. If you mining securely: zstratum+tls://eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3443
Activity: 29
PLEASE help to setup  Run.bat settings to recconect to another pool server,
when Main pool is off and don't response.

What command  to reconect to another pool?

Optiminer -s zec.suprnova.cc:2142 -u user1.worker -p 123   --log-file log.txt
pause           
Pages:
Jump to: