Pages:
Author

Topic: [OS] nvOC Nvidia Mining OS FORK v PXA-1.9.6.1 ( UPDATED 1.10.2018 ) - page 7. (Read 3746 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 140
Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!
Congrats poisonxa on your fork release.

But I see your fork is mostly based on nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release by me, Stubo and Leenoox and not a fork of 19-1.4.

All I see is our codes with some changes that are all available in my GitHub repo HERE

I'm happy you like our work and using it but not mentioning that your code is based on nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release in OP is not the right way to do it.

Hope you like our next releases and use them too.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
This has been the best mining experience I've had since I've been mining. I have one 1080 TI and two 1070's and they do really great with this Linux build which I wasn't too familiar with. Id like to say thank to PXA and any of the other contributing devs. I'm having a very small issue! I want to reboot my rig remotely from my Windows computer using putty. How do I go about doing this? Your help will be much appreciated!

I use

sudo reboot
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Here is your code that breaks my system;

TEMPHORD(){ HCD='/home/m1/Miners/zec/v3_4/ewbf';
pkill -f miner;
sudo cp '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so.1' '/usr/local/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1';
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-9.0;
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/cuda/;
screen -dmSL miner $HCD --eexit 3 --fee 0 --pec --server zec.suprnova.cc --user poisonxa.Beast6 --pass x --port 142;
sleep 90;
pkill -f miner;
bash....

This is inside resources file.
Yea your going to need to reimage that code came out corrupted on the new image it's not formatted like that nor leading to that port regardless like I said I have nothing to hide
Activity: 5
This has been the best mining experience I've had since I've been mining. I have one 1080 TI and two 1070's and they do really great with this Linux build which I wasn't too familiar with. Id like to say thank to PXA and any of the other contributing devs. I'm having a very small issue! I want to reboot my rig remotely from my Windows computer using putty. How do I go about doing this? Your help will be much appreciated!

Download teamviewer 13 and log into your rig from your windows computer. You will have the whole OS to run remotely.

Bill
Activity: 8
Here is your code that breaks my system;

TEMPHORD(){ HCD='/home/m1/Miners/zec/v3_4/ewbf';
pkill -f miner;
sudo cp '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenCL.so.1' '/usr/local/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1';
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-9.0;
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/cuda/;
screen -dmSL miner $HCD --eexit 3 --fee 0 --pec --server zec.suprnova.cc --user poisonxa.Beast6 --pass x --port 142;
sleep 90;
pkill -f miner;
bash....

This is inside resources file.
Activity: 1
Activity: 4
I'm only new to nvOC but I am liking it very much.  PoisenXA stayed up late last night to help me with a particular issue, he didn't have to.  My issue is now sorted thanks Poisenxa.   Smiley
Activity: 362
Merit: 102
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
any hero member can confirm this is legit?
I will vouch for poisonxa and his fork of nvOC again I had some issues that he was willing to team viewer into my rig and fix and not only is this just about un heard of in crypto land without someone wanting to charge you but he took the time out on Christmas to do it I would of waited but he said no problem lets fix it I also turned the donation on to help return the favor now if I could get rid of my amd rigs and switch them to nvidia I would put this os on all my rigs also I don't think fullzero and the other guys on the original nvOC would put his fork on the nvOC website for download if there was a problem
It's not connecting??? Says it failed. So that's not for me sorry check your config and I don't mine in flypool either and about suprnova if u see it fails to connect so it is disabled but there's an error in config somewhere that it's disconnecting every 2 hours

Now did you update from an older version??? Or did you full image etch??

updated several hours ago with auto-update YES and STABLE version selected. Just checked 8coins and replaced the $coin == ZEC part, trying again atm. Maybe after the update config got messed up. I'll try to re-flash the OS if the problem repeats.
It's not connecting??? Says it failed. So that's not for me sorry check your config and I don't mine in flypool either and about suprnova if u see it fails to connect so it is disabled but there's an error in config somewhere that it's disconnecting every 2 hours

Now did you update from an older version??? Or did you full image etch??
hey, something weird started to happen here..

in 2 hours interval; zm miner loses connection and ewbf miner launches for 10-15 seconds. Then zm miner relaunches and mines for 2 hours. rinse repeat.
I did choose NOT to donate in 1bash, but seems like it is still donating without my approval..

Impossible you can check the code anyone can if the if statement isn't on yes it won't mine. It just can't mine. Please don't start rumors that are not needed.

Screen Log:

+-------------------------------------------------+
|         EWBF's Zcash CUDA miner. 0.3.4b         |
+-------------------------------------------------+
[36mINFO: Current pool: zec.suprnova.cc:142 [0m
[36mINFO: Selected pools: 1 [0m
[36mINFO: Solver: Auto. [0m
[36mINFO: Devices: All. [0m
[36mINFO: Temperature limit: 90 [0m
[36mINFO: Api: Disabled [0m
---------------------------------------------------
[31mERROR: Cannot connect to the pool [0m
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  zm 0.5.7
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU0 + GeForce GTX 1060 3GB     MB: 3012  PCI: 1:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU1 + GeForce GTX 1060 3GB     MB: 3013  PCI: 2:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU2 + GeForce GTX 1060 3GB     MB: 3013  PCI: 4:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU3 + GeForce GTX 1060 3GB     MB: 3013  PCI: 5:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU4 + GeForce GTX 1060 6GB     MB: 6072  PCI: 6:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU5 + GeForce GTX 1060 6GB     MB: 6072  PCI: 8:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU6 + GeForce GTX 1060 3GB     MB: 3013  PCI: 9:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  GPU7 + GeForce GTX 1060 3GB     MB: 3013  PCI: 10:0
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  telemetry server started
2017-12-26 02:52:23 PM|#  connected to: eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333
2017-12-26 02:52:25 PM|#  server set difficulty to: 0004189374bc6a7ef9db22d0...
2017-12-26 02:52:50 PM|>  GPU2  62C  Sol/s: 312.1  Sol/W: 3.44  Avg: 312.1  I/s: 162.9  Sh: 0.00   . . 

This is happening every 2 hours...

in 2 hours interval; zm miner loses connection and ewbf miner launches for 10-15 seconds. Then zm miner relaunches and mines for 2 hours. rinse repeat.
I did choose NOT to donate in 1bash, but seems like it is still donating without my approval..

Impossible you can check the code anyone can if the if statement isn't on yes it won't mine. It just can't mine. Please don't start rumors that are not needed.

This os is on nvoc-mining-os.com. i dont think it would be on there if it wasn't legit. its under community builds

Bill
Activity: 210
Thanks for this release and keep the distro update.

Isn't FFI2013 a hero?
Activity: 111
Do or do not.
I am very new to mining and i started out mining zcash with ethOS which worked for the most part, except when it crashed and i wasn't home to fix it. I stumbled onto nvOC through youtube videos from voskcoin and was immediately interested in trying this os. I went to www.nvov-mining-os.com and found community builds for nvidia cards only to find poisonxa's version PXA-1.9 with auto overclocks and other various features that i think would be to anyone's advantage. I immediately downloaded his version and installed it to my 8 card 1070ti rig. setting up for the first time was a bit of a learning curve (car mechanic, NOT COMPUTER WIZ) but i figured it out with the help of voskcoins videos. My results are very impressive for where i was on ethOS. I am just about 3950 sols on my 8 card 4.5 sol/w at 110 watts all running the auto overclock feature. That is about 300 more sols than i could achieve with ethOS without it crashing an hour into mining. I now have my 8 card 1070ti along with my 6 card 1070ti running on this OS. I am in the process of building 2 more 8 card 1070ti rigs and they will of course have this OS. If anyone is hesitant on trying this OS, I encourage you to do so! You won't be sorry.

The auto overclock feature is pretty impressive. I would have never thought to use the numbers provided by this feature. I started with 100 watts and was getting 470 sols at 4.7 sol/w. I bumped the watts up to 110 to get the sols to 490-500 per card

The watchdog is the saving grace!! it monitors the cards and will repair or reboot automatically if there is a crash. It works like a charm. I no longer have to worry about my rigs going down and losing profit. Just awesome!!

I did have some issues that weren't the fault of the software. It was me not knowing what i was doing and i went to the discord channel for nvoc and asked poisonxa for help. He immediately logged into my rig via teamviewer and showed me what i did wrong. That right there is priceless support if you ask me. Please be sure if you run this software to leave the donation turned on!!!!! He will help anyone that needs it no questions asked.

Bill
if you go to our discord channel you can ask members live on there experience with it or you can try it for yourself.
Pages:
Jump to: