Pages:
Author

Topic: [OS] nvOC Nvidia Mining OS FORK v PXA-1.9.6.1 ( UPDATED 1.10.2018 ) - page 9. (Read 3746 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I'll be adding screenies and tuts shortly
guys i released a small patch to auto update to fix global overclocks and beta test ftc neo scrypt on ccminer 2.2.3
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I've been running the original nvOC but taking a look at all the upgrades here I'm going to switch over thanks
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
New version working great. Had a bunch of errors with the older version and they have now been corrected. Can't seem to get TeamViewer to load up but I'm sure I'm overlooking something outside of TeamViewer "YES" but auto-overclocking is working great - highest SOL/s I've ever got, temps are setting properly, voltage assigning correctly, etc. Very happy, thanks for the help I needed earlier too!
Guys if you have any issues feel free to contact me via discord I'm always on.
new update up should fix alot of bugs and add alot of new features reimage for best results enjoy guys!
Activity: 1
I personally also use PXA's Fork of nvOC.

He's a rare bred developer----actively involved and engaged with his user base.

Anyways, PXA nvOC is a frequently updated fork of FullZero's nvOC with pretty sexy features. What I like most about the product is it's auto overclock, no longer are you having to tediously tweak your cards. Enter acceptable values and boom, the OS will determine which clock is appropriate for your card.

If you want a 1,2,3 miner with the sophistication and all the bells and whistles you could want, try PXA's nvOC. I don't think you will regret it. Everyone on the Discord is friendly and there is usually someone around to help. No one bites, as far as I know, except for me.

Activity: 46
Does this OS go to sleep after X hours? I woke up this morning and turned the monitor on - it was at the 'enter password' screen. Then it loaded the desktop (as if it crashed?)

I checked my pool which said there was no downtime?

no this os does not sleep it mines for as long as theres power.

I have only seen this problem with USB's that are starting to fail. I have not had it happen on the new version but I have seen it several times on the older versions from FullZero and it always turned out to be a failing USB or poor quality USB.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
As one of the official contributors of the NVOC group I must say that this build has been one of the best builds I've seen so far. As you might know, overclocking is one of the hardest parts to do in Linxu. With fullzero's NVOC it was made a lot easier and with the current release of PoisonXA it has taken OC to the next level.
I have been using it on my rigs for some time now and the settings that it give to be the "sweet spot" of OC , I would have never guessed to put those numbers.
Also I've have been in contact with PoisonXA and looking forward to working together with him and making this built even greater. There is an awesome roadmap and plans for the future for this built so keep an eye out on this forum because you don't want to miss it.
Activity: 66
Maybe bminer? There is a thread @these forums. A lot of hype on that but I did not see any improvement mining ZEC with Linux.
As a user I feel kind of confused, there are now two "forks" of this awesome OS, which one to choose.. I am currently running the other branch on three rigs and I would not want to break anything. But automated OC feels tempting... Smiley

Have you considered combining your work?

--
Tigel
Does this OS go to sleep after X hours? I woke up this morning and turned the monitor on - it was at the 'enter password' screen. Then it loaded the desktop (as if it crashed?)

no this os does not sleep it mines for as long as theres power.
Activity: 44
Merit: 18
nvOC to the moon

This OS supports AsRock Pro H110 BTC+ 13xpci-e mainboard out of box. You dont have to enter in bios. Plug in 13 GPU and setup pools. There will be mining.
Activity: 325
Merit: 110

Activity: 8
Hello everyone
I discovered nvOC by chance on this forum and I'm happy
support on the discord is exemplary, distribution and fast bug fix.
the functions proposed as the auto-overclooking the automatic switch currency  are simply great.

easy to configure and use

thanks PoisonXa

Cool Shocked Wink

Activity: 6
PROS
1) FREE with an option to donate to support development.
2) Auto OC for noobs like me
3) Lots of coins supported and auto switching sites like Mining Pool Hub, zpool, and (Ugh!) NiceHash is supported.
4) Auto restart and monitoring tools. With team viewer I can now monitor and even make changes on my rig using my phone
5) Excellent support by the author and from the members of the community.

CONS
1) Auto Update caused my Bash1 file to be changed to a default one luckily I detected it right away.
2) Not Sure if its the Watchdog program or my GPU's a problem but I keep getting low utilization on my GPU. So I adjusted watch dog sensitivity a little higher so it does not keep restarting.
3) A few bugs here and there which the author is continually addressing.

Wish List
1) More Coins just in case I need them.
2) Auto OC setting for each card. (GPU0 - High, GPU1 - Brutal, GPU2 - Normal)
3) Preserve  seting of coins and pools after an update.
4) I Hope any Ideas from the other fork will be added to this OS
Activity: 2
Running 3 of my rigs smoothly on Poison's releases. 2 of them are v17 and the latest one is v19. No crashing or rebooting, works like a charm
Any questions you might have you can get a fast response on our discord channel.
Nice fork Smiley But also no wifi or?
Wifi works just plug in the usb wifi and your golden
Activity: 118
Nice fork Smiley But also no wifi or?
This sounds pretty great, I was already planning on switching from smOS die to their web dashnoard claiming my rig to be offline even though it is still mining fine therefore making the whole point of the os useless.

Had my rig stop working today after 3 days of running fine and of course I'm out of town. Looking for something solid that has remote viewing ability that works. Plus I have a Wi-Fi power adapter shipping for cases like today.

Will be checking this out once I'm home tomorrow evening! Install the same as Fullzero's I would imagine?

exactly the same just etch to a usb or sdd edit 1bash with your information and boot up btw this has teamviewer 13 preinstalled
Pages:
Jump to: