Pages:
Author

Topic: Our Children Nowadays - page 4. (Read 829 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 07:56:13 AM
right now our children is different from before,right now children is talented easily understand something and anything, ideas, maybe from food intake or from technology that we have right now.
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 07:28:07 AM
It is amazing how our children nowadays quickly learn how to use ipods,phones and computers.. But reading their textbooks they have many excuses,its hard for them to understand the topic and how to answer the question even the simple mathematical problems.. Any advice for a parent like me to handle this kind of situation?...

I think children won't have problems with textbooks if parents read books and also if parents gave them books in the earliest childhood.
Activity: 118
Presale Starting May 1st
March 19, 2018, 07:23:35 AM
It is amazing how our children nowadays quickly learn how to use ipods,phones and computers.. But reading their textbooks they have many excuses,its hard for them to understand the topic and how to answer the question even the simple mathematical problems.. Any advice for a parent like me to handle this kind of situation?...

Easy, gadgets are built to be user friendly. Thus tinkering with your gadgets becomes quite an experience. Also, instructional videos are available in youtube. Aside from  that, children themselves have a very short attention span. Add that to social media and gadgets made to further decrease young people's attention span even more. Now, reading books and math, both teaching methodology hasn't changed for the past decade and these things didn't appeal much to a child anymore.

Children nowadays learn quickly on how using gadgets instead of textbooks, even though your telling them to stop it they just don't want too. If im going to have children in the future i will train my kids to have limit on thier gadgets.
Activity: 50
March 19, 2018, 04:26:26 AM
Children now adays is more on gadgets learn quickly on computer games but there textbook is none maybe parents like me as a parents should train our children to limit there time on games in gadgets
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 03:54:03 AM
For me, it is discipline. During the early years of a child that is when habits are formed and that is when the mind of the child setups information so easily like a sponge. Everything that we feed I the mind of a child, be it habit or schedule let us be strict in that. For example, device or gadget time should be an hour a day, study time should be books in most of the time. This way, the child will get used to using books all the time.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
March 18, 2018, 06:52:01 PM
Yes. I agree. The children nowadays spend more time using their smartphone instead of playing outside. This can cause problems if they continue to do this. Its not only bad for their body but it can also be a bad effect on their well being. Going out and being with friends can improve a child's self confidence and social interaction. I still believe that we need to have an active mind in order to have an active body that is why I am limiting my child's time on smart phone and allowing him to go outside and play.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
March 18, 2018, 03:21:46 PM
They are annoying and all they want is the gadgets and the phones.
Maybe you should put measures in place that limits their time and all those gadgets that you got for them so that they can also physically bond with other people their age as well as their families as well.
Activity: 140
March 18, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
School had started for a few weeks now. It seems that children are now burden with all sorts of activities for their studies. Just look at the size of their bags. Sometimes I pity these young children who are still in primary school. They have to bring too many books to school everyday. Maybe it’s good maybe it’s not.

Not only that! These young children nowadays are pressured by their parents with a lot of things. Some have to fulfill the parents’ dreams and expectations, that they are not allow to make their own choice. They have no freedom to do so as their lives had been carefully planned by the parents since the day they were borned.
Activity: 30
March 18, 2018, 12:16:13 PM
They are annoying and all they want is the gadgets and the phones.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 04:48:31 PM
My kids are still interested in their textbooks. And don't find math difficult, I'd dare say they find it entertaining.
But they have had little access to technology and many, many occasions to play and study in the offline world. We move a lot outdoors, play board games, we read almost every single night, we talk about space and geography and dinosaurs and they have had time to develop patience and a fascination with some offline experiences.
It is always a matter of practice. And patience.
Activity: 35
March 16, 2018, 04:37:05 PM
The children nowadays are very smart and they know everything at a very young age.
Activity: 33
March 16, 2018, 03:49:05 PM
Children of this generation are smart and are over the top of everything.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
March 14, 2018, 02:29:09 PM
That's a serious problem, at least you have limitations on playing time and learning children.
And how does this start with you letting your child get away from gadgets? Given the benefits are still lacking and many negative sides are just generated.
Activity: 104
March 14, 2018, 12:59:54 PM
Children nowadays hmmmm! seriously most parent has lost it already, it is not making sense that i have smart child that has lost his/her manner and i will tie it to technology. i wonder what i will do with your smartness when you will bring nothing but shame disgrace to your family. At home they behave nice but outside they are something else, so rude, zero respect for elders.I think parent should look inward and outward of what this children are doing so that we don't loose them please.
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
March 14, 2018, 12:34:48 PM
Just because this generations children is more on their phone and tabloids doesn't really mean they are more ''techy''. Do they understand the mechanics that makes their gadgets work? If not then they are just addicted to consumerist products. Do you they how to build an app on a tabloid/phone, do they know how such apps work or are they atleast curious to the insides and outs of software? If not, then they are likely just addicted.

I know some schools try to adapt to the generations needs by throwing away textbooks and making informative gamified apps that can teach children, but if they ever want to achieve something like university they will need to be able to read long lines of text, being able to concentrate for hours at a time and be able to comprehend these things. Getting their attention with flashy animations will work untill the work becomes more serious and in depth.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
March 14, 2018, 12:24:22 PM
Charity begins at home.I think that a parent should between the ages of 5 to 10
years ensure their children are focused on their books, studies, reading and maintaining
academic home work compliance.This way, it is habitually instilled in them before digital
distraction as ipods, phones and all.If this discipline is consistently introduced to the kids
at younger age, they have no choice than follow a 'wired' habit in their blood.The reason
they are refocused from their books is due to such training.When they go out there, they
tend to follow peers influence which is what they copy from the society or environment.
Activity: 556
Merit: 250
March 13, 2018, 11:22:07 AM

It is always our duty and responsibility to control things about our kids. We must know what they are doing and the effects of their hobbies to their daily lives. Children these days are into the advanced technology and we are the ones who should know how to control their time for it. Let's teach them how to be responsible about handling things.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 13, 2018, 10:30:30 AM
Yeah they easy to learn how to use gadgets.how to play the games how to use inyernet.but because of that they font have time to play physically they dont have interrst in their studies.so pllsss limit your child to use gadgets

Well there's always an option to utilize children's interest in gadgets for better learning. A lot of learning apps for kids can actually work better than textbooks since they'll learn the same thing although this time while having fun. It's an opportunity that technology gave us tomake learning less stressful for both student and parent
Activity: 210
March 13, 2018, 10:09:14 AM
Children's nowadays are very addicted when it comes to social media's ,like Facebook, Instagram , Twitter , and also in YouTube channel's . They called their selves as a millennial , they are always first when it comes in trending clothes .They forget about our traditional games ,they rather plallly a video game than to hang out with their friends .
Activity: 40
March 13, 2018, 09:59:50 AM
Childrens nowadays are addicted to gadgets like laptop, phone, psp, etc. They are consuming much time in playing games and usig social media, they ignore their studies. I advice you to balance their time, before using their gadgets make sure that they finish everything regarding school activities. Make more time in school activities than playing gadgets.
Pages:
Jump to: