Pages:
Author

Topic: Our Children Nowadays - page 9. (Read 829 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 11:51:45 AM
It is amazing how our children nowadays quickly learn how to use ipods,phones and computers.. But reading their textbooks they have many excuses,its hard for them to understand the topic and how to answer the question even the simple mathematical problems.. Any advice for a parent like me to handle this kind of situation?...

my advise is give much more effort for focusing the studies before using there gadgets,  as a parent we must put a time for studies, and a time for using gadgets. so that our children is aware and they know what is first to do...
Activity: 235
Merit: 10
February 19, 2018, 11:23:50 AM
To know how to use iphones and ipads is a common social skill. Do not need to focus on it, you need to develop the child's head, help in all school subjects.
Activity: 75
February 19, 2018, 10:51:33 AM
I would research how technology executives handle the issue. Apparently they do limit screen time:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/12/tech-bosses-kids-time-smartphones-parents-mental-health

I would also focus on making sure a child is well-socialized and creative. You can teach new skills and learn to use new technology, but understanding how to work well with others is really important to getting ahead.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
February 19, 2018, 10:34:47 AM
The world has become very pragmatic, precisely in terms of the direction to achieve the goal. Now every action must have some goal, result. Now, for children, the norm is not that smart adults tell me right, and I do - they keep the norm when they understand its meaning. Now even young children need to explain the purpose of any norms: why did people decide that it was right, dignified, good, why is it so, and not otherwise?
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
February 19, 2018, 09:41:24 AM
It is amazing how our children nowadays quickly learn how to use ipods,phones and computers.. But reading their textbooks they have many excuses,its hard for them to understand the topic and how to answer the question even the simple mathematical problems.. Any advice for a parent like me to handle this kind of situation?...
If the technology is used in games, it may disrupt the learning of your children. In order make the technology as advantage in the learning of your child is to install some application that tackles about reading or counting of numbers. Try to use technology as a learning tool for your child since we know that 21st century kids are not anymore in the hands of books.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
February 19, 2018, 09:05:54 AM

Easy, gadgets are built to be user friendly. Thus tinkering with your gadgets becomes quite an experience. Also, instructional videos are available in youtube. Aside from  that, children themselves have a very short attention span. Add that to social media and gadgets made to further decrease young people's attention span even more. Now, reading books and math, both teaching methodology hasn't changed for the past decade and these things didn't appeal much to a child anymore.
Activity: 164
Merit: 1
February 19, 2018, 08:55:41 AM

Of course, it is so, because the technologies reduce the efforts and don't require so much diligence, so the attention span is not so long. I would recommend just integrate all these ipods etc into the educational process, because it's the future and we have to face it.
Activity: 26
February 19, 2018, 12:02:25 AM
Children nowadays are more into technologies. And they don't care much if they'll have kids at a young age.
Activity: 93
February 18, 2018, 11:33:35 PM
Pages:
Jump to: