Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 33. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 04:23:07 AM
I think not, the ICO is currently much was really produce a real and true result. I read on many topics on this forum almost everything was pleased with the results of the ICO brings about.
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 04:09:01 AM
Most of the scams are pretty obvious. There is just too many people that waste their money without an in-depth analysis. This is not only for crypto market, in anything about money people are looking for a way to scam people and everywhere there are just too many dumb people. Regulating ICO's would only push the scammers to another area. Somehow the public should be taught.

Stolen account Airflame acocunt have been stolen look out !

More info here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23913134
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
February 28, 2018, 01:18:30 AM
The risk is noble!Sometimes you need to take risks and invest in projects that,in your opinion,look promising and have a future!It is necessary to study the ICO documentation in detail!
Somehow has a good points, because some Ico's are scam. Their is a risks in all investment as this is why we need to go on over searching a good ones, legit and can develop their project. We should really be observant on the Ico before we invest.
Merit: 107
Keep Working
February 28, 2018, 01:13:08 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

I totally disagree with you on this statement. Can you provide us some documents to back your argument?

I joined about 20 ICOs and none was scam, spend some time on research before joining the ICO.
Activity: 248
https://exclusiveplatform.com/
February 28, 2018, 12:48:43 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
honestly I do not agree with your statement. if 90% Ico is a scam, I'm sure Ico will not survive until now. do you think investors are stupid, because they are investing in Ico? of course not, investors are very smart and they always do research and discussion to get the best Ico.

I agree to this, investors would always make research about the best ICO but the problem is sometimes they/we are unfortunate enough to become a participant of few successful ICO's. And though some projects don't have real, actual, working projects/protoype doesn't always means it's a scam. Everything starts from nothing, and everything have risk, investors are just brave enough to stand on it! Why? because they want to become successful.
Activity: 182
Blockchain Identity Verification
February 28, 2018, 12:21:57 AM
The risk is noble!Sometimes you need to take risks and invest in projects that,in your opinion,look promising and have a future!It is necessary to study the ICO documentation in detail!
Activity: 407
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
February 28, 2018, 12:11:35 AM
actually, there are many scams in the market now. But I think there are also many reasons when the investors invest in them. The first, they will buy tokens with cheap price and get the bonus. the second, some investors can get dividends after ICO succeeds which the normal investors cant receive.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
February 27, 2018, 07:19:56 PM

The fact that investors invest in ICOs is because they have researched ICOs. The psychology of investors is to spend some money on the ICO and then when it indexes on the exchange floor, expect to sell to earn more money than the amount paid to buy the ICO Token, but they are less interested in the potential of the project in the next 3-4 years.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
February 27, 2018, 06:50:03 PM
Never invest into a project without a working prototype. All those scams are big on words and nothing else.

Choose and invest in ICOs what already have a working product and you will be fine. Just check my signature.

Activity: 392
Merit: 11
February 27, 2018, 06:33:40 PM
Currently, the trend of ICO investment is developing so it makes a lot of individuals and organizations deliberately create fraudulent ICO projects to take over the assets of investors. So be careful when investing in ICO at this time, always analyze the project thoroughly before deciding to invest. Being careful is always a good thing in this market and it is even more important to invest in ICOs because each project you have to follow for a long time and certainly you do not want to encounter a fraudulent project.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
February 27, 2018, 06:20:06 PM
High gain means high risk. We have to invest in what we will not regret.

It seems like the slogan, invest how much you can afford to lose.
This sentence help me out when i try to put more in this investment but finally i dont.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
February 27, 2018, 06:08:10 PM
I was surprised by the high number, but I suppose that it's true. I mostly just stick to ICOs that are curated by sites like ICOdrops, so I usually avoid the scams.

I'm also very surprised. But I don't believe that this figure is true. It seems to me that there are a lot of good and strong projects among ICOs. In most cases, developers fulfill their responsibilities and pay investors the promised coins. I have a very positive experience of participating in ICOs. But perhaps I don't have much experience yet.
You are way still young to this field brother.If you havent experience not being scammed then its good for you but i do agree on the things being mentioned here about percentage of ICO failures and scam into this ecosystem.Its not actually a responsibility on fulfilling or paying up investors into their tokens yet this is a normal thing since they do make investment.They do definitely give tokens but doesnt guaranteed that it would succeed ahead.
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
February 27, 2018, 05:58:13 PM
In fact it is impossible to spot scam ICO before they do something wrong against community and investors. Before investing everyone should his/her homework with checking team behind project and checking whitepaper.
Activity: 308
Merit: 156
February 27, 2018, 05:43:57 PM
I was surprised by the high number, but I suppose that it's true. I mostly just stick to ICOs that are curated by sites like ICOdrops, so I usually avoid the scams.

I'm also very surprised. But I don't believe that this figure is true. It seems to me that there are a lot of good and strong projects among ICOs. In most cases, developers fulfill their responsibilities and pay investors the promised coins. I have a very positive experience of participating in ICOs. But perhaps I don't have much experience yet.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
February 27, 2018, 09:25:36 AM

I wouldn't say 90% of ICO is scam because 90% is way too much
However, i would say more than 50% of ICO would end up not able to produce great platform/product as mentioned in their whitepaper because most of it are way too futuristic
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
February 27, 2018, 09:24:08 AM
Ah c'mon now! %90? That is completely make believe. Ok yeah, there are more scams than it should be. But it's not %90. Even if you add failed ICO's to scam ICO's still you can't reach a percentage like %90. That number is seriously made-up.
Activity: 150
Merit: 3
February 27, 2018, 09:18:18 AM
Even if les than 90% of ICOs are scam, 99% of them will probably fall. ICOs are basicaly kickstarter on steroids.
Activity: 837
February 27, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
Yeah we are in really bad times for ICOs, because there are a lot of scammers that just wanna make some quick bucks. But there are also nice ICOs that are doing great stuff and they are very trusted!
Bad crypto took place this quarter, but it definitely takes longer, it will arise soon enough that we didn't even notice it. Better start buying at this dips and took time to study most potential coins.
Activity: 644
February 27, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
Yeah we are in really bad times for ICOs, because there are a lot of scammers that just wanna make some quick bucks. But there are also nice ICOs that are doing great stuff and they are very trusted!
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 07:36:32 AM
Failing is not synonymous with scam.  Let us be very careful in choosing the altcoins we invest with. There are ICOs that really fail because the teams that  are responsible for the overall aspects of the project do not possess the technical expertise on how to develop their projects as envisioned, projects do not have the community and market support,  insufficient marketcap and a lot more which contribute to the success of the alts being offered to investors. Now on the ico scams, we can only hope that their proliferation would end soon because mors people are being victimized. I wish there will be caught and get punished.
Pages:
Jump to: