Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 35. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 26, 2018, 08:30:12 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

hello, may i know who the founder of ethereum made the statement (more than 90% ICO is a scam) ?? and may i know the media or links or screenshoot of the statement.
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
February 26, 2018, 08:28:45 AM
Well you should not blame anybody to it. The real problem here is the investors they are not quite enough to be picky when it comes to ICO, it's natural that everyday new coin pops out but what can be a real pick to ICO is the background of the project. If you have heard about VLB about their first ICO that was postponed because the cap was a little bit high but what makes that project and team Trusted is they have refunded all the investment they collect. Investing from coins that are on the stockmarket is very different to ICO. There are coins on the market that are shitcoins so you have to choose either from realistic project or from shitcoins in he market.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)
February 26, 2018, 06:15:42 AM
well it is not that these projects are scamm ones. But that most of them are start ups without any big investor behind. They just think they can find investitions through ICO. But ICO process itself id pretty costly. That is why in the end they just ran out of resources and on't have enough money for marketing. that's it
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 05:30:50 AM
there're lots of ICOs nowadays, one needs to be careful when joining any of them, Look through its WP, advisors, connections. Well, I was lucky enough not to get trapped into a scam by investing into VLB. The project's actually working and everything's been okay so far!
I've heard taht their blockchain platform is developed by QBT team (Qiwi blockchain technologies). This exact team was responsible for developing Masterchain
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
February 25, 2018, 07:22:45 AM
I hope some good people will list all of this scam ICOs and posted it for awareness along with names of devs. It is a big disappointment for cryptos.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
February 25, 2018, 07:13:11 AM
Most of them scams that's true but %90 percent is little bit too much
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 06:51:50 AM
Most of the scams are pretty obvious. There is just too many people that waste their money without an in-depth analysis. This is not only for crypto market, in anything about money people are looking for a way to scam people and everywhere there are just too many dumb people. Regulating ICO's would only push the scammers to another area. Somehow the public should be taught.
Activity: 665
Merit: 500
February 25, 2018, 06:16:33 AM
it seems to be true, so many ico everyday, therefore we really need some regulation,  to avoid collecting money from investors. Although some investors  need to be taught a lesson.  no sense in throwing money away without analysis.

When investor analyze (each investor should be doing this before throwing away their money) some ICOs, they need to make sure if the project will goes well and also learning about the dev.
But i agree if nowadays ICOs are too much...
Activity: 280
Merit: 16
February 25, 2018, 03:22:50 AM
it seems to be true, so many ico everyday, therefore we really need some regulation,  to avoid collecting money from investors. Although some investors  need to be taught a lesson.  no sense in throwing money away without analysis.

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
February 25, 2018, 02:51:57 AM
There are a lot of scams but I disagree. It's only between 70%-80% because the 10-20% are those altcoins projects that are doomed to fail. They have a very weak foundation to be successful and it seems like they are just experimenting.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013
DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!
February 24, 2018, 06:06:11 PM
I think it may be %95 around, he's right. There are way too many scams and there is no regulation or control. You must be very smart to not get caught on this scams. I'm very picky about ICO's I make investment. My money is precious. I guess some don't.
Activity: 20
February 24, 2018, 05:13:57 PM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
The founder of ETH, do you mean Vitalik buterin?
Can you show us when he said if 90% ICOs are scam?
People should be know if investment on ICOs have high risk.

Ico is involving with etherium and i think it does not make sense if he said that the 90% ico is scam because ico is like his product to increase etherium demand.
So i dont think he will say that but maybe other people.

Etherium new coin ? https://www.ethereum.org/

Oh and yes, 90%+ are scams and 95%+ will run off with 1 mln...
Activity: 55
February 24, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
there're lots of ICOs nowadays, one needs to be careful when joining any of them, Look through its WP, advisors, connections. Well, I was lucky enough not to get trapped into a scam by investing into VLB. The project's actually working and everything's been okay so far!
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
February 24, 2018, 01:03:45 PM
The founder of ETH, do you mean Vitalik buterin?
Can you show us when he said if 90% ICOs are scam?
People should be know if investment on ICOs have high risk.

Ico is involving with etherium and i think it does not make sense if he said that the 90% ico is scam because ico is like his product to increase etherium demand.
So i dont think he will say that but maybe other people.
Activity: 240
February 24, 2018, 12:49:16 PM
Hm not really...
90% is just a crazy number to be said. I'm not saying there aren't scam icos, but clearly not 90% of all.
Probably around 60%-70%, there are clearly some good icos.
Activity: 854
February 24, 2018, 12:40:39 PM
although not 90 percent, a big part is scam. everyone is collecting money, making a so-called coin or token, and making a lot of money. then you can not see a project or a working team anywhere. they go on holiday Cheesy

We are seeing some good potential coin and their team seems to be more active after the crowdsale in order to more awareness about the project. When they are marketing the product it is always good awareness about the project. In this way, they will develop the project to the next level.
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
February 24, 2018, 12:35:56 PM
As mentioned on subject line most of the ICO project scamming their investors that is what happening in the forum and outside. Project digger and all proven this with many people.
You can find truster project by checking white paper information, development team details and their social media accounts. These will definitely exhibit whether they are legit not. Still you font believe them. Invest on token sale when the trusted manger involved in it.
Activity: 182
February 24, 2018, 12:16:09 PM
What is the real reason? You have reason to believe in the spread of news on the net. As far as I know, ICOs are an important part of cryptocurrency and are of much interest to investors. Scam is yes, but I do not think it is 90%. You can join the whitepaper, telegram, website ... to monitor the process and authenticate them.

This is like a joke. I hear a lot of people say ICO is a scam here, but I do not know about it. I will consult this if I invest in the upcoming ICO.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
February 24, 2018, 11:47:59 AM
In general, I am of the opinion to invest only in proven sources. After your warning, once again convinced of this. I'm doing everything right. Let's see if they turn out to be mozennikami, or all this will be honest
Activity: 742
February 24, 2018, 05:20:00 AM
Probably, specially if their offer is hard to belief!And mostly ICO's that offer's lending on their project
Pages:
Jump to: