Pages:
Author

Topic: [Overclock the Antminer S1 to 200GH/s] The EASY way! - updated to 393.75MHz ASIC - page 2. (Read 26027 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
I used the OC from the dropbox (yes before I read it was bad) for my S1 and it ran fine. I walked out of the room for 2 minutes and when I came back in my S1 was off and my PSU (thermaltek 600) stank. I upgraded to thermaltek 850 single rail and wired my S1 up but nothing, still no power. Is there a way to fix/salvage my S1?

What was bad? What settings did you try? Whats the manufacture date of your S1?

This what I used for OC:

clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.before-393MHz
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bwbk1wdy0yx1l46/asic-freq.393.75MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 393MHz \n'
reboot

I had just purchased my S1 "new" but am not sure of the manufacturing date.

The last snapshot I have of the miner stats shows it 393mhz 2160 fan speed and 50/51 temp running at 201 gh/s

Bum deal yo...not sure what be done. Any pics of the damage? (if any) Might be able to replace the bad cap (if that is what fried)

No pics, it looks exactly the same. I wish I knew if/what cap was fried. I'm not really sure if the 600w psu blew and fried the S1 or the OC did; maybe I've gotten the psu hookup wrong (hopefully). I've seen two different diagrams on the location of the motherboard jumper 3rd/4th and 4th/5th so I tried them both but not a single beep or whirl. Is is also possible that the thermaltek "SmarT" M850W doesn't work for this kind of hookup?

The ATX "jumper" trick is on the 4&5 pin slots on the clip side, counting from the left. Jumping the 3&4 pin slots might have fried your psu.
You would definitely notice a fried cap. Any bulging caps?

Also, try another PSU and press/hold (10 secs) the reset button on the S1 controller board if you can get it to power up
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I used the OC from the dropbox (yes before I read it was bad) for my S1 and it ran fine. I walked out of the room for 2 minutes and when I came back in my S1 was off and my PSU (thermaltek 600) stank. I upgraded to thermaltek 850 single rail and wired my S1 up but nothing, still no power. Is there a way to fix/salvage my S1?

This what I used for OC:

clear
cd /etc/config
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bwbk1wdy0yx1l46/asic-freq.393.75MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 393MHz \n'
reboot

The last snapshot I have of the miner stats shows it 393mhz 2160 fan speed and 50/51 temp running at 201 gh/s

Bum deal yo...not sure what be done. Any pics of the damage? (if any) Might be able to replace the bad cap (if that is what fried)

No pics, it looks exactly the same. I wish I knew if/what cap was fried. I'm not really sure if the 600w psu blew and fried the S1 or the OC did; maybe I've gotten the psu hookup wrong (hopefully). I've seen two different diagrams on the location of the motherboard jumper 3rd/4th and 4th/5th so I tried them both but not a single beep or whirl. Is is also possible that the thermaltek "SmarT" M850W doesn't work for this kind of hookup?
Activity: 386

This what I used for OC:

clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

The setting is not bad.  It's actually the lower setting for achieving 200GH/s.  From what I can tell (based on stats of the google URL shortener (YouTube) and here at bitcointalk; I'd say several thousand S1's are running the same settings...

It sounds like the PSU went bad and took the S1 with it.  Was it connected to a surge protector?  Was there anything that could have shorted out the circuits on the S1 (i.e. some metal)?

Is the new PSU powering up?  If the new PSU is not powering (needs the jumper), it is not the S1 causing that.

My 2 S1's have been running since January, 24 hours 7 days overclocked.  Can't remember them being off for more than a few hours except during times I installed the fans.
3D Printed!

This what I used for OC:

clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

This what I used for OC:

clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

3D Printed!

Hello,

Didn't see this listed. but for the 30/32 of my ant s1 the 393 is too harsh.. I used the common code for 375 but have found that these setting work the best for mine..

option 'freq_value'    '0700'     #375M
        option 'chip_freq'     '375'
        option 'timeout'       '39'

less than .1% hw errors

Doug
d57heinz
In Bitcoin We Trust!

I'm not sure where you got the values for the 375MHz; I do have 375 on one of the asic-freq files on my dropbox and I have used it when the weather got too hot here and I didn't have the extra fans installed on my S1's.  The 375MHz gives a performance of ~190GH/s per S1.

These are the values I have:

Code:
        option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'
        option 'timeout'        '38'
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Hello,

Didn't see this listed. but for the 30/32 of my ant s1 the 393 is too harsh.. I used the common code for 375 but have found that these setting work the best for mine..

option 'freq_value'    '0700'     #375M
        option 'chip_freq'     '375'
        option 'timeout'       '39'

less than .1% hw errors

Doug
d57heinz
In Bitcoin We Trust!
Activity: 308
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
Thx for reply

I want to overclock my s1's I assume people are using putty to do this can someone give me a link for download I used some sight and there was three puttys which do i use or is there a better program to use?

Many thanks

Sorry I am a bit of a noob
Steve

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
Thx for reply

I want to overclock my s1's I assume people are using putty to do this can someone give me a link for download I used some sight and there was three puttys which do i use or is there a better program to use?

Many thanks

Sorry I am a bit of a noob
Steve
Hello all

I was planning on overclocking my S1's this weekend using this method for cooling   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOyrCut0y30

I bought one S1 off of ebay a while ago it seems to run hotter than the other two I had from china   it runs fan 3180  temps 54,53

the other two run fan 2400 temps 47,47 why is that one running hotter it is not overclocked just wondering should I overclock that one I thought I would start with the new ones first.

What is limit on temp or a safe temp

Many thanks
Steve

Hey, that's my video!  lol.  In the past; I've been worried when the S1 hits 54, but nowadays I've let it run as high as 57 Celcius.  Sometimes the weather is hot here in Los Angeles, California.  I'm happy go lucky now with my S1's since I've gotten much more than my investments of 5.05btc, woo hoo!  My S1's are so dusty but they just keep running very well every day!

65C is the cutoff from what I remember that's listed in the manual.

The one that's running hot may just be the way it was manufactured.  Can't really say for sure.  If you get those cooling fans installed; it's gonna help a lot to lower the temperature...

Good luck!

Oh, sorry about that!  I didn't put the extra .5 in the filename, but this is the frequency you supplied.  DO NOT use the code that you posted as it will mess up your S1.  My dropbox does not have that file you posted in your code.  You're welcome mate!

Here; use the code below with the display of the asic-freq file:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.before-387MHz
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c81kk96lu3bvmy6/asic-freq.387MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq*
cat asic-freq | grep -A3 387
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 387MHz \n'
reboot

Woot! You rock and thanks so much.

snipped...

You're welcome!   Glad it worked for you!
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
Hello all

I was planning on overclocking my S1's this weekend using this method for cooling   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOyrCut0y30

I bought one S1 off of ebay a while ago it seems to run hotter than the other two I had from china   it runs fan 3180  temps 54,53

the other two run fan 2400 temps 47,47 why is that one running hotter it is not overclocked just wondering should I overclock that one I thought I would start with the new ones first.

What is limit on temp or a safe temp

Many thanks
Steve
3D Printed!

Oh, sorry about that!  I didn't put the extra .5 in the filename, but this is the frequency you supplied.  DO NOT use the code that you posted as it will mess up your S1.  My dropbox does not have that file you posted in your code.  You're welcome mate!

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c81kk96lu3bvmy6/asic-freq.387MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 387MHz \n'
reboot

Woot! You rock and thanks so much.

3D Printed!
Hey, not sure if it is just not posted or if I am not seeing it right now but is there code posted for changing from 393 to 387? And 375 to 387?
Thanks!

snipped

snipped

Yeah I am looking for the 387 like..

So nobody could figure the freq for 380 or 385? At 393 I get 3% HW error and at 375 I get .08 so I want to try something inbetween. I know in the larger picture it doesn't matter but I am anal about this stuff.

Try this:

Code:
       #option 'freq_value'    '5e85'  #387.5M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '387.5'
        #option 'timeout'       '37'

Thank you! Currently I have all my S1 overclocked but I have a couple that are not very fond of the 393 or 400 freq's and figured the 387 would be my next best choice over 375 (or the factory 350). Lemme know if you ever need anything 3D printed and I will hook you up!  Grin

So, to change the overclock code for another FREQ I would just change the FREQ within the above posted code? Say if I wanted to go to 387.5...

Huh Thanks again mate!

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

Gotcha! I will probably edit that crap out of my last post to prevent anyone from doing any harm to their Ants  Wink

Thanks again!
Hey, not sure if it is just not posted or if I am not seeing it right now but is there code posted for changing from 393 to 387? And 375 to 387?
Thanks!

snipped

snipped

So nobody could figure the freq for 380 or 385? At 393 I get 3% HW error and at 375 I get .08 so I want to try something inbetween. I know in the larger picture it doesn't matter but I am anal about this stuff.

Try this:

Code:

Thank you! Currently I have all my S1 overclocked but I have a couple that are not very fond of the 393 or 400 freq's and figured the 387 would be my next best choice over 375 (or the factory 350). Lemme know if you ever need anything 3D printed and I will hook you up!  Grin

So, to change the overclock code for another FREQ I would just change the FREQ within the above posted code? Say if I wanted to go to 387.5...

Huh Thanks again mate!

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

3D Printed!
Thanks!

snipped

snipped

Try this:

Code:

But I know very little of compiling code etc.

I thought i read in this thread about you having under-clock settings? I am aware of the pencil mod but wanted to try under-clocking the freq first.

Thanks!

I'm not really compiling...  I'm just making the changes to the /etc/asic-freq    I'd love to learn how to code, but it's taking some time as I'm busy at my day job.

If you want to go to 387 MHz, copy and paste the lines below after you've ssh'ed to your S1 as root:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

Only one frequency can be active at a time.  This 387MHz is for overclocking...

Thanks again mate!
Thanks!

snipped

snipped

Try this:

Code:
        #option 'freq_value'    '5e85'  #387.5M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '387.5'
        #option 'timeout'       '37'

I thought i read in this thread about you having under-clock settings? I am aware of the pencil mod but wanted to try under-clocking the freq first.

Thanks!

I'm not really compiling...  I'm just making the changes to the /etc/asic-freq    I'd love to learn how to code, but it's taking some time as I'm busy at my day job.

If you want to go to 387 MHz, copy and paste the lines below after you've ssh'ed to your S1 as root:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
chmod 664 asic-freq*
reboot

Only one frequency can be active at a time.  This 387MHz is for overclocking...

3D Printed!
Thanks!

Oh and if you happen to have the DC codes, I could use those as well in the near future as I am near maxed on my power grid, heh

Grin

I can modify an asic-freq with the values of 387 but I cannot guarantee it as I've never run it myself.  Can you provide the values here?

DC codes?  I think there's a thread on pencil mods but I'm not experienced or knowledgeable on it.  Sorry...

Try this:

Code:
        #option 'freq_value'    '5e85'  #387.5M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '387.5'
        #option 'timeout'       '37'

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: