Pages:
Author

Topic: [Overclock the Antminer S1 to 200GH/s] The EASY way! - updated to 393.75MHz ASIC - page 4. (Read 26072 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250
Well this suck, the S1 that performs the least amount of HW errors when deafult or OC gets an x on one of the blades. I will try the 393MHz
AntMiner config, if not time for default 350MHz with nill HW errors.
reboted the S1 and shows no x on an ASIC chip, for now, it has been 2 min Smiley
So far so good now at 400MHz. . . . . .  Tongue

Smiley

Everything's good.  From time to time, the xx's appear.  Sometimes a reboot fixes it, most times, going to the Miner configuration and putting a space at the end of any field and taking it out (basically not changing anything) and hitting save and apply, and voila, xx's gone.

Are you upgraded to the latest firmware?

xx's used to bother me.  Nowadays, I don't even pay attention to them on my 2 S1's.  If they are there, the hash goes down by a few GH/s, sometimes no difference in GH/s performance.  Not enough to worry with the btc diff so high...   Of course, I'm not the best guy to ask on these performance impacts, as I've already gotten much more than my BTC costs I spent so my thoughts now are of the time when I have to turn these S1's off as they are producing less than the electricity costs...  I will be sad when that happens as they're like "pets" in our living room and (I have, dunno about my wife, lol) gotten accustomed to them...

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Well this suck, the S1 that performs the least amount of HW errors when deafult or OC gets an x on one of the blades. I will try the 393MHz
AntMiner config, if not time for default 350MHz with nill HW errors.

Chain#   ASIC#   Frequency   Fan   Temp   ASIC status
xooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo
oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo

reboted the S1 and shows no x on an ASIC chip, for now, it has been 2 min Smiley

AntMiner

So far so good now at 400MHz. . . . . .  Tongue
Activity: 770
Thanks for posting the code. i used the 400MHz code on one of my miners that has 0.002% HW errors. The S1 with better Q ASIC chips that I received a few days ago has a crack in the bottom area of the heatsink forward on blade #2 heatsink, meh! The temps vary 3 C on that side. I set up a push pull fan configuration for both of my AMS1s that lowered the temps by 3-4 C.

#2 is OC to 400MHz HW errors, 0.0587326999 %
49 C
xooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo
46 C

#1 is default freq @ 350MHz, she is already in the range of 0.29% HW error rate, still good. zthe cooler I get them at default the less HW errors are produced.

45 C
45 C

Thank you, put after reading the thread I see some calculating should be made regarding the HW error %

I have:

HW = 1550
DiffA = 187984
DiffR = 480
DiffS = 0

That comes to 0.008 (I guess 0.8%) with the HW / (HW+Diffa+DiffR+DiffS) formula

If this correct? I see hashing power at 200 (poolside)

Less than 1% HW is very good so I would stick with it...

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Thank you, put after reading the thread I see some calculating should be made regarding the HW error %

I have:

HW = 1550
DiffA = 187984
DiffR = 480
DiffS = 0

Easier way:

http://instacalc.com/20772

0.81% isn't terrible.  I'd stick with it.

I have:

HW = 1550
DiffA = 187984
DiffR = 480
DiffS = 0

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Hi!

This worked perfect Smiley However Now I have 50% HW, so is there a way to easily roll back to 180GH/s or perhaps 190 to see if that's better?

Easy,Download "Putty" then "Putty" into the Antminer IP address, login with root / root, cd /etc/config, vim asic-freq, hit Insert, then change the 393.75M values to 375M instead like the below.

Code:
package 'cgminer'

config 'asic-freq' 'default'
    #option 'freq_value'  '4f81' #400M    
    #option 'chip_freq'   '400'    
    #option 'timeout'    '35'    

option 'freq_value'  '4e81' #375M
    option 'chip_freq'   '375'
    option 'timeout'    '37'

#option 'freq_value'   '4d81' #350M
    #option 'chip_freq'   '350'    
    #option 'timeout'    '40'    

#option 'freq_value'  '4c81' #325M
    #option 'chip_freq'   '325'    
    #option 'timeout'    '40'    

#option 'freq_value'  '0b81' #300M
    #option 'chip_freq'   '300'    
    #option 'timeout'    '45'    

#option 'freq_value'  '0981' #250M
    #option 'chip_freq'   '250'    
    #option 'timeout'    '55'    

#option 'freq_value'  '0781' #200M
    #option 'chip_freq'   '200'
    #option 'timeout'    '70'

#option 'freq_value'  '4f02' #193M
    #option 'chip_freq'   '193'
    #option 'timeout'    '70'

After you've done this, hit ESC then hit :
Type wq ENTER, then exit out of Putty, and do a system reboot from the Antminer GUI.

After rebooting your Ant, your miner status should say 375M, your HW should decrease, and your hashrate should be around 190 GH/s.

Good luck.
Hi!

This worked perfect Smiley However Now I have 50% HW, so is there a way to easily roll back to 180GH/s or perhaps 190 to see if that's better?

Hi, it's easy to roll back to 180 GH/s or if you wish to go to 190  (375MH/z ASIC's).  Let me know which one so I can give you the code to copy and paste.

Also, did you use the 393.75 MHz code?

Hi!

thanks for the great work im getting 204.84 overclocked with the 393 frequency

You're welcome.  Thanks for letting us know the result.  I have 2 S1's and one is getting 200.22 GH/s and the other is 201.10 GH/s.

It's the HW errors that are significantly down.  I used to get over 1 percent; but now on one of them I have  808 HW value   out of   791,364 DiffA value.  That's awesome.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
thanks for the great work im getting 204.84 overclocked with the 393 frequency
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Updated to 393.75MHz as this produces 200GH/s with a much lower HW errors (I'm getting less than 1%)

Here's an easy way to oc the Antminer S1.  Disclaimers: I'm not responsible for any damages that may result from following these instructions.  This will void the Antminer S1 3-month warranty.   Cheesy

If you want to see a youtube video on how it works; here it is:  How to Overclock the Antminer S1 bitcoin miner [the EASY way]

• 1.  ssh to your Antminer  (i.e. ssh [email protected])
  • 2.  copy and paste everything inside the code box

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.before-393MHz
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bwbk1wdy0yx1l46/asic-freq.393.75MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 393MHz \n'
reboot

If you must have the 400MHz speed; replace with the code below:
Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.BitmaintechFactoryVersion
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u8thhaxuksnhlw0/asic-freq.400MHz
wget -O asic-freq.375MHz http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9yuq14py6sou2w3/asic-freq.375MHz
wget -O asic-freq.350MHz http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o8590pne9clm348/asic-freq.350MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq
chmod 664 asic-freq.3*
ls -la asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 400MHz \n'
reboot

Let me know if you have any questions or wish to switch between ASIC speeds (i.e. 180GH/s is 350MHz, ~190GH/s is 375MHz).

-jeremy

Very nice setting

I have two ASIC machine

If I get your speed, I will be rich

Grin Grin

Thanks! Sorry it took so long to reply, just been crazy busy the last week! Shot you a little Bit tip the other day for putting the time in to make these easy to follow instructions! 375 has been working awesome for me! Getting 191.6 avg on all my miners and we'll under 1% errors on them too!

Thank you very much!  I wasn't sure if it was you so I didn't want to mention it and put pressure.  Thanks again.  I put a new thread on load-balance if it's something that interests you.  It allows you to divide you Antminer S1 hash to multiple pools.

Activity: 732
Nosce te Ipsum
Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hi LouReed,  sorry very busy at work and I just saw your post just now.  Did you use the code/script from the OP?  You wish to change to 375MHz?  I can post the code here to copy and paste to your Ant if you used my script from the OP originally....

Hey palawan!

Yes, I am using your script from the op. That would be awesome if you could make a copy/paste text again for 375 whenever you get a spare minute!

Are the BTC/LTC addies in your Youtube video still good for donations?

Thanks!!

Because you use the script in the OP, the files are already in the Antminer.  See below:

ssh to the Antminer as root and copy and paste the lines inside the box below:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400MHz
mv asic-freq.375MHz asic-freq
reboot

I'm using 393.75MHz (still gives me around 200GH/s) but with much less errors.  Unfortunately, not all the Antminer S1's are "the same" from factory.  I know you mentioned that you tried the 393.75MHz?  That would have needed for modification of the asic-freq file?

Good luck and let me know if you have problems.  At the end of the script, it will automatically reboot the Ant so it's normal.  Yea, the youtube addresses are still good, but please don't feel obligated  Smiley    Thank you very much.

Thanks! Sorry it took so long to reply, just been crazy busy the last week! Shot you a little Bit tip the other day for putting the time in to make these easy to follow instructions! 375 has been working awesome for me! Getting 191.6 avg on all my miners and we'll under 1% errors on them too!

bumped for newer ASIC's speed on the OP.  I've been using this for a few weeks now (maybe a month)....
Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hi LouReed,  sorry very busy at work and I just saw your post just now.  Did you use the code/script from the OP?  You wish to change to 375MHz?  I can post the code here to copy and paste to your Ant if you used my script from the OP originally....

Hey palawan!

Yes, I am using your script from the op. That would be awesome if you could make a copy/paste text again for 375 whenever you get a spare minute!

Thanks!!

Because you use the script in the OP, the files are already in the Antminer.  See below:

ssh to the Antminer as root and copy and paste the lines inside the box below:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400MHz
mv asic-freq.375MHz asic-freq
reboot

I'm using 393.75MHz (still gives me around 200GH/s) but with much less errors.  Unfortunately, not all the Antminer S1's are "the same" from factory.  I know you mentioned that you tried the 393.75MHz?  That would have needed for modification of the asic-freq file?

Good luck and let me know if you have problems.  At the end of the script, it will automatically reboot the Ant so it's normal.  Yea, the youtube addresses are still good, but please don't feel obligated  Smiley    Thank you very much.

Nosce te Ipsum
Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hey palawan!

Thanks!!
Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

Nosce te Ipsum
Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!
Pages:
Jump to: