Pages:
Author

Topic: [Overclock the Antminer S1 to 200GH/s] The EASY way! - updated to 393.75MHz ASIC - page 3. (Read 26072 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250
Hey, not sure if it is just not posted or if I am not seeing it right now but is there code posted for changing from 393 to 387? And 375 to 387?
Thanks!

Oh and if you happen to have the DC codes, I could use those as well in the near future as I am near maxed on my power grid, heh

Grin

I can modify an asic-freq with the values of 387 but I cannot guarantee it as I've never run it myself.  Can you provide the values here?

DC codes?  I think there's a thread on pencil mods but I'm not experienced or knowledgeable on it.  Sorry...

Hey Palawan, could we have this for the S2?

Sorry but I don't have an S2.  From what I've read on the S2 thread, the mods on the "files" of the S2 SD boot flash are not permanent and have to be re-applied each time the S2 is rebooted.

legendary
Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004
Thank you. I have to overclock.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Hey Palawan, could we have this for the S2?
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
Hey, not sure if it is just not posted or if I am not seeing it right now but is there code posted for changing from 393 to 387? And 375 to 387?
Thanks!

Oh and if you happen to have the DC codes, I could use those as well in the near future as I am near maxed on my power grid, heh
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
Updated to 393.75MHz as this produces 200GH/s with a much lower HW errors (I'm getting less than 1%)

Here's an easy way to oc the Antminer S1.  Disclaimers: I'm not responsible for any damages that may result from following these instructions.  This will void the Antminer S1 3-month warranty.   Cheesy

If you want to see a youtube video on how it works; here it is:  How to Overclock the Antminer S1 bitcoin miner [the EASY way]

• 1.  ssh to your Antminer  (i.e. ssh [email protected])
  • 2.  copy and paste everything inside the code box

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.before-393MHz
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bwbk1wdy0yx1l46/asic-freq.393.75MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 393MHz \n'
reboot

If you must have the 400MHz speed; replace with the code below:
Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.BitmaintechFactoryVersion
wget -O asic-freq http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u8thhaxuksnhlw0/asic-freq.400MHz
wget -O asic-freq.375MHz http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9yuq14py6sou2w3/asic-freq.375MHz
wget -O asic-freq.350MHz http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/o8590pne9clm348/asic-freq.350MHz
chmod 664 asic-freq
chmod 664 asic-freq.3*
ls -la asic-freq*
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 400MHz \n'
reboot

Let me know if you have any questions or wish to switch between ASIC speeds (i.e. 180GH/s is 350MHz, ~190GH/s is 375MHz).

-jeremy

so easy! thanks mate!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Hey palawan, can you post the commands for the default frequency of 350MHz and for 375MHz? Much appreciated the heat is building up outside in East Texass as I vent the ass end by a window.  Tongue

Sadly, I know what you mean  Sad    The codes depend if you used my scripts.  Are you on 400MHz or 393.75MHz?

I am was using the 400MHz script but went to the 393.75MHz, both S1s are avg. over 200GH/s each. I need to get one of my S1s back to the default frequency so I can send Bitmain a screenshot, they want to see the perf. on the one with the cracked heat sink and I don't want to send a screenshot with it overclocked.  Tongue

The S1 with the cracked heatsink performs the best and has a super low error rate even at 400MHz, the only issue I see are the temps vary 2 C between the blades as my other S1 vary only 1 C. Not a big deal but I am trying to get Bitmain to compensate me for sending me a unit that should not of passed the QC.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, sounds good.  There is always a discrepancy of temp between the 2 blades for me (for both of my S1's).

If you're on the 393MHz, below is the command to switch to default (350MHz):

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.393MHz
mv asic-freq.350MHz asic-freq
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 350MHz \n'
reboot

In order to go to 375MHz from 350MHz above, the commands are below to copy and paste:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.350MHz
mv asic-freq.375MHz asic-freq
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 375MHz \n'
reboot

As you can see, the scripts depend on the current active speed because the files will get jumbled up if you don't keep track.  Good luck   Smiley

Thanks a bunch for the help.  Grin
Thanks for the post. Really helpful and probably will take advantage of this.

You're welcome.  Hope it works for you and let me know if you have any questions.

Hey palawan, can you post the commands for the default frequency of 350MHz and for 375MHz? Much appreciated the heat is building up outside in East Texass as I vent the ass end by a window.  Tongue

Sadly, I know what you mean  Sad    The codes depend if you used my scripts.  Are you on 400MHz or 393.75MHz?

I am was using the 400MHz script but went to the 393.75MHz, both S1s are avg. over 200GH/s each. I need to get one of my S1s back to the default frequency so I can send Bitmain a screenshot, they want to see the perf. on the one with the cracked heat sink and I don't want to send a screenshot with it overclocked.  Tongue

The S1 with the cracked heatsink performs the best and has a super low error rate even at 400MHz, the only issue I see are the temps vary 2 C between the blades as my other S1 vary only 1 C. Not a big deal but I am trying to get Bitmain to compensate me for sending me a unit that should not of passed the QC.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, sounds good.  There is always a discrepancy of temp between the 2 blades for me (for both of my S1's).

If you're on the 393MHz, below is the command to switch to default (350MHz):

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.393MHz
mv asic-freq.350MHz asic-freq
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 350MHz \n'
reboot

In order to go to 375MHz from 350MHz above, the commands are below to copy and paste:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.350MHz
mv asic-freq.375MHz asic-freq
read -rsp $'Press enter to continue (Antminer will reboot)... ASICs speed set to 375MHz \n'
reboot

As you can see, the scripts depend on the current active speed because the files will get jumbled up if you don't keep track.  Good luck   Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
Thanks for the post. Really helpful and probably will take advantage of this.

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, I know what you mean  Sad    The codes depend if you used my scripts.  Are you on 400MHz or 393.75MHz?

Hi guys I have used the youtube video to oc my ant miner s-1's

and I am creating a master list of s-1's  oc and dc freq's

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6460009

I have

You can use this to help with the ssh that you do.

I want to get every possible freq with the hex number value and the timeout number.  I am willing to test every one supplied to my thread.

You use my thread with the op's youtube video to do your ssh   oc and dc.

my testing has shown enough variance in s-1 to s-1 to say having 40 or 50 freqs would be worth while.

I want to thank the op for his youtube video as that is how I learned to do ssh.

And ssh is easier to do on a mac with osx 10.8 or 10.9.   So I end up using a mac mini to do all my ssh work.

Very nice thread!  Thank you very much.  I think I'm done with mining as summer is approaching us here where we live.  ssh is the same on osx  and Linux which is nice.

Does anyone know what parameters to change to be able to clock higher than 400MHz? Say 420-450MHz?

Going above the 400MHz ASIC's speed is not a good idea and in addition to that, it will most likely give you less performance.  There's a few posts on page 3 or 4 of this thread, I think, but the details are on another thread that I ran into a while back.

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi guys I have used the youtube video to oc my ant miner s-1's

and I am creating a master list of s-1's  oc and dc freq's

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6460009

I have

You can use this to help with the ssh that you do.

I want to get every possible freq with the hex number value and the timeout number.  I am willing to test every one supplied to my thread.

You use my thread with the op's youtube video to do your ssh   oc and dc.

my testing has shown enough variance in s-1 to s-1 to say having 40 or 50 freqs would be worth while.

I want to thank the op for his youtube video as that is how I learned to do ssh.

And ssh is easier to do on a mac with osx 10.8 or 10.9.   So I end up using a mac mini to do all my ssh work.

palawan,

Thanx for the reply, yes my S1s are running the latest FW, the x went away after I rebooted #2.

When it becomes a Cryptographic Currency we consume by mining as you will always be in a loop buying hardware to generated during the current market flux as your wallet within time will always obtain Bitcoins or BTCdust as the market will.

Any Bitcoin dust is beter than no Bitcoin dust no matter the Kw/h, could be 1 = 1.00 or 1= 1200 and so on, damn Xtra IPA Torpedo's.
Does anyone know what parameters to change to be able to clock higher than 400MHz? Say 420-450MHz?
Pages:
Jump to: