Pages:
Author

Topic: [Overclock the Antminer S1 to 200GH/s] The EASY way! - updated to 393.75MHz ASIC - page 7. (Read 26072 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
most power supplies with under 400W for stock speeds or 450W for overclocking will simply cause errors such as reboots, chips marked with 'x', or inconsistent hashspeeds.

Then don't buy bad power supplies for expensive equipment. If I can run 2 overclocked ants on a Corsair AX760 (not exactly optimal for efficiency but I had to RMA the original one) then a good 400W single rail psu that can provide 32A+ 12V can run 1 as well.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Yup surprised because overclocking isn't a problem. these are only 360w max draw at 360w isn't 40 amps Smiley

whatever i'll let you overspend on your psu, takes longer for your ROI then.

I run mine just near 400mhz

Overclocked the blades use 12v at 30a  - watts what is watts ?? something to buy lightbulbs with ?

AMPS are the important part of the equation. watts is something that combines all the rails into a total.

30A per miner S1 system.

Everything will work with NO issues.

no way - look back through this thread and it is clear - while these can draw as little as 360W, most power supplies with under 400W for stock speeds or 450W for overclocking will simply cause errors such as reboots, chips marked with 'x', or inconsistent hashspeeds.

The amps  12v 30a is the doozall range, simple for people to understand with out using kilowatt meters math and much confusion.

Watts is simply wrong for this equation. watts gives you a baseline to buy a P/S but is VERY Misleading.

AMPS per Rail is what you are after.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Yup surprised because overclocking isn't a problem. these are only 360w max draw at 360w isn't 40 amps Smiley

Overclocked the blades use 12v at 30a  - watts what is watts ?? something to buy lightbulbs with ?

AMPS are the important part of the equation. watts is something that combines all the rails into a total.

30A per miner S1 system.

no way - look back through this thread and it is clear - while these can draw as little as 360W, most power supplies with under 400W for stock speeds or 450W for overclocking will simply cause errors such as reboots, chips marked with 'x', or inconsistent hashspeeds.

30A per miner S1 system.

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

Depends how easily you have access to a new PSU.  For me it's difficult (would take at least a day; it would be a big mission) to replace the PSU if it fails.
I had to fly to Bangkok last time to get a half-way solid PSU.

Push your PSU too hard and it may crap out on you.  Of course it may not.  Some PSUs will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

A good PSU is a pretty good investment.  When any PSU fails it costs me time, energy, hashing time and headache.

Just ordered another S1 Antminer today (using someone else's BitMainTech account so I could use their coupon!)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5256530

Running 1 OC'd (@ frequency 393.75, 400 had too many HW errors)
 S1 Antminer on EVGA NEX750B (yes, Bronze) PSU

This^^^

Some people assume that a good PSU cost so much that it's really affecting the bottom line.  How much are we trying to save here?  For me, $75 and $100.  Peace of mind that I'm not gonna burn down our place due to some crappy PSU components?  priceless.  Not to mention the fact that 1 Antminer cost as much as my car (at the time of my purchase, or course not so much now).  It's worth it for me to protect that investment.

Have some respect for other people's decisions.  They may have other things (and other people) on their minds, not like if you're just living at your parents' home and don't care about the implications of your setup.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
*bamf!* you've just been eaten by a gr00.

Depends how easily you have access to a new PSU.  For me it's difficult (would take at least a day; it would be a big mission) to replace the PSU if it fails.
I had to fly to Bangkok last time to get a half-way solid PSU.

Push your PSU too hard and it may crap out on you.  Of course it may not.  Some PSUs will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

A good PSU is a pretty good investment.  When any PSU fails it costs me time, energy, hashing time and headache.

Just ordered another S1 Antminer today (using someone else's BitMainTech account so I could use their coupon!)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5256530

Running 1 OC'd (@ frequency 393.75, 400 had too many HW errors)
 S1 Antminer on EVGA NEX750B (yes, Bronze) PSU
Activity: 134

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I use corsair cx 650 And corsair cx 750m for my 2 Ants OCed 400mhz.  You need single rail 12v with 42A to be safe for OC. Sounds like power supply problem, but dunno for sure. 100ghs per blade sounds right.  Multiple rails on the 12v not good.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

42A really.. ya okay.  no you do not need that big of a psu, easily runs on dual 18a rails, 10amp less than 42... roflol.

such rookies.

you would be surprised. 36A*12V is only 432W - enough for 375MHz maybe, but if you want to overclock any further your PSU will start acting up.

also, many power supplies cannot run more than 80% of thier max capacity 24/7. I would advise at least 420W for a stock antminer and 500W if you want to overclock.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Everyone needs to start somewhere ...
Activity: 134

I use corsair cx 650 And corsair cx 750m for my 2 Ants OCed 400mhz.  You need single rail 12v with 42A to be safe for OC. Sounds like power supply problem, but dunno for sure. 100ghs per blade sounds right.  Multiple rails on the 12v not good.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

42A really.. ya okay.  no you do not need that big of a psu, easily runs on dual 18a rails, 10amp less than 42... roflol.

such rookies.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
*bamf!* you've just been eaten by a gr00.
Awesome!  Works like a charm.
Does anyone have the config parameters to run these at 375 MHz? Apparently not every unit will overclock well at 400 MHz.

As long as you don't have the very early Antminer S1 blade; this is the value  from the Antminer PDF that is posted by Bitmaintech.

option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'
        option 'timeout'        '38'

I've used this a few times when the weather gets too warm here in Los Angeles.  It produces about 190+GH/s

Edit:  I see wedgy2k has already posted the same values.  I can vouch for it as I've used it quite a number of times.

Here's an easy way to oc the Antminer S1.
Let me know if you have any questions or wish to switch between ASIC speeds (i.e. 180GH/s is 350MHz, ~190GH/s is 375MHz).

-jeremy

Hey jeremy, thanks for this, super easy, much appreciated. OC' 4 ant's in minutes.

Has anyone else recieved a BAD ant, and by that I mean, the HW numbers seem incredibly high to me

The second one was running at 400 Mhz, so I took it back down to 375.
Even after i De-clocked to 375 mhz - I am still seeing crazy numbers
Accepts @ 7,357 - HW @ 14,038  WTF?
Is there something I am missing here?
any way to manage this?
and how does it affect the return?
Thanks

You're welcome!  Your numbers seem ok to me.  I'm just eyeballing it.  Here's the formula that I got from the forum threads and as long as you're under 2% you're fine.

The formula is HW / (HW + DiffA + Diffr + DiffS) = %

Edit:  I was looking at the top value, but I see your highlighted one is on the high side at 3.68%     Maybe improve the cooling?
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Does anyone have the config parameters to run these at 375 MHz? Apparently not every unit will overclock well at 400 MHz.

option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
option 'chip_freq'      '375'        
option 'timeout'        '37’

**Disclaimer
I got this off of the goxed thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmain-antminer-s1-support-and-overclocking-thread-348327
and have not yet implemented them myself**
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
Activity: 254
You should not just look at the absolute value of your HW.
This number by itself means nothing.
Btw, "Accepted" is not what you should be looking at either  Wink
What's important, is HW compared to your total number of shares.
You total is = HW+DIffA+DiffR+DiffS
This is the sum of your HW error + Accepted + Rejected +Stale shares
It's been mentioned many times here, the formula is HW/(HW+DIffA+DiffR+DiffS)
In your case it is ~ 3.7%
Not alarming, but a but too much for my liking, I'm keeping mine at no more than 1%
So you should probably lower the clock even more.
Activity: 121
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

Here's an easy way to oc the Antminer S1.
Let me know if you have any questions or wish to switch between ASIC speeds (i.e. 180GH/s is 350MHz, ~190GH/s is 375MHz).

-jeremy

Hey jeremy, thanks for this, super easy, much appreciated. OC' 4 ant's in minutes.

Has anyone else recieved a BAD ant, and by that I mean, the HW numbers seem incredibly high to me

The second one was running at 400 Mhz, so I took it back down to 375.
Even after i De-clocked to 375 mhz - I am still seeing crazy numbers
Accepts @ 7,357 - HW @ 14,038  WTF?
Is there something I am missing here?
any way to manage this?
and how does it affect the return?
Thanks
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Thanks that's great! Wink

snipped...

Sorry to be a noob but to revert the changes would the following command work or is there more to it?

Code:
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400
mv asic-freq.BitmaintechFactoryVersion asic-freq

This is great BTW, works perfectly!
Now I've got my head around manually editing the config file I'd like to try different values and whenever I attempt to enter the asic-freq file, it appears empty so I'd like to go back to stock (for now)  Wink

Thanks!

Yes, that is the method to go back!  If I may make a suggestion, I would do this:

ssh to the miner
Code:
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400
mv asic-freq.350MHz asic-freq

Personally, I don't like to mess with the original files from the factory and I just like to work with copies.  The only reason I can think of that you're getting an empty file when you're trying to enter the asic-freq file is that you're not in the /etc/config folder.

ssh to the miner
Code:
cd /etc/config
ls -la asic-freq*
less asic-freq.BitmaintechFactoryVersion
less asic-freq.350MHz     <--  if you haven't renamed it.  if you have, use asic-freq
vi asic-freq   <---  only enter when ready for vi  :D

less command is just to display (not edit) the file.  You can move up and down using the arrow keys.  Q to exit.  vi can be difficult to move around so don't enter it unless you know the shortcuts or you can get stuck in it.  I like nano more as a text editor but it's not on the Ant miner, unless you install it.  There's shortcut keys/guides on the internet.

Good luck!

what are you guys using to power your ants?

If theres a thread, plz redirect me.

E2A - im using an OCZ-RZ1000W AE to power 2 rigs.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379677.260
Pages:
Jump to: