Pages:
Author

Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace - page 23. (Read 85744 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
who will use your marketplace if i.e. ebay will introduce something like universal crypto payment gateway?

p.s. imo stupid to just to compare tech part, when coint is trying to give some business value

Why is it stupid? Particl is a privacy platform which has a native privacy coin, PART. It only makes sense to compare it to other privacy coins as well to see what features it has and what features it doesn't have. I agree part of a research into crypto projects is about determining what "business value" the project has, but another important aspect is to study the technology as well.

As for the core of your question, who will use the marketplace if eBay introduces crypto payment...here's my personal opinion.

Particl is an open-source and decentralized privacy platform designed to work with almost any coin. The end goal of the platform is to create a brand new decentralized economy independent from exchanges and the fiat system. In a way, this is taking Satoshi's initial vision and pushing it a bit further. Whereas Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that, in most cases, still requires services from centralized parties such as exchanges, Particl aims to bring the entire ecosystem within a decentralized, natively private framework.

Again, Particl is a platform, not just a marketplace or a coin. The Particl marketplace will only be the first Dapp of many more to come, all with the end goal of furthering our vision of a completely decentralized and alternative economy independent from the fiat system.

So to understand why people would use our decentralized marketplace, you have to understand the bigger picture of Particl being a decentralized platform. We want users from all crypto communities to be able to do whatever they need in a decentralized and private fashion. We want everyone to be "freed" from centralized services and be part of an alternative economy.

I think the recent rumors from South Korea and China regarding banning centralized trading exchanges and how much of an effect these centralized parties have over crypto couldn't be a better example of why we need these services to be decentralized. Does it make sense to you to be trading your decentralized currencies on centralized exchanges? For me personally, it does not, the same way it doesn't make sense for me to have to cash out of crypto or use third-parties to purchase stuff online.

I'm sorry for this long ramble, but I'm trying to put into words the importance of creating an ENTIRE decentralized ecosystem rather than just a decentralized currency. Decentralized currencies are just not enough to truly break free from the centralized banking cartel economy, you need the whole ecosystem to be decentralized. The privacy marketplace we are building is the first step in that direction.
Don't you think it is disingenuous to call it a "privacy platform" when privacy is not mandatory? Anonymity should not be optional. Not to even mention RingCT is not implemented yet, and nobody knows when it will be implemented.
Activity: 226
Merit: 10
I would love to see Particl on Barterdex! ^^^^^^^

We are already working with the BarterDEX team to integrate Particl onto their platform! Integrating our coin on the platform is a tad more challenging since we are natively integrated with Segwit, but both team are working together to make this happen. We absolutely love projects like BarterDEX that adopt a cooperative rather than competitive approach to crypto Smiley
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018
I would love to see Particl on Barterdex! ^^^^^^^
Activity: 56
Greetings, friends at Particl!

Now that Komodo Platform has a stable GUI available on mainnet for our BarterDEX decentralized exchange, allowing the average user to trade peer-to-peer via atomic swap with 80+ Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies, we aim to expand the reach of our decentralized and open-source solutions and unite the coin communites -

• ATOMIC Swap trading following Noel Tiernan's protocol
  • Control your own funds, maximizing security and privacy
  • Automatic orderbook matching, trading p2p
  • Integrate and List your coin for free
  • Set up SPV electrum server, allowing users to trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain
  • Anyone can become a market maker or dedicated liquidity provider, pairing your coin with any other 80+ featured coin and allowing traders around the globe to access your coin
  • Native trade bots can automatically buy low and sell high, allowing low and high volume traders to provide liqudity 24 hours a day

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

The following requirements are necessary for an easy integration:
  • bitcoin protocol
  • CLTV (bip 65) support
  • gettxout and importaddress rpc calls
  • and 8 digits for one coin

What does a non-Bitcoin/zCash-protocl coin need to do to make atomic swaps possible on BarterDEX?

Quote from: jl777B, lead Developer at Komodo Platform
"the code to do all this is quite complicated and I assumed a bitcoin protocol coin, but it is possible to do the atomic swaps even if only 2of2 multisig is supported. So i guess a bitcoin protocol emulator for the subset of rpc calls that I use and at least a 2of2 multisig, but preferably CLTV mechanism to be able to handle both sides of the trade... this would require making changes to the existing barterDEX code, unless the bitcoin protocol emulator is really, really good and it actually works as a bitcoin protocol coin via rpc calls"

Our goal is to  integrate as many cryptocurrencies into our ecosystem as possible, providing end-users with unparalleled privacy and control of their funds! The team at Komodo Platform would be more than happy to assist with integration into the ecosystem. Please send me a DM if you are interested in joining our decentralized exchange!
Activity: 11
Great team and project. Good that we have Charlie Shrem as an advisor. He is also advisor at Genesis Vision project. Love both project
Updated PART/DCR atomic swap infographic. Includes improved explanation of the atomic swap process and one small typo corrected (was saying a Bitcoin smart-contract but was supposed to say a Decred smart-contract):

PART is one of the privacy coins I have my confidence in. It is still undervalued considering such low supply.

Particl and Bitcoin are the only two coins I'm comfortable holding. All the others feel overvalued and way to speculative to me, whereas Bitcoin is kind and Particl WILL be king with its decentralized platform Smiley
who will use your marketplace if i.e. ebay will introduce something like universal crypto payment gateway?

p.s. imo stupid to just to compare tech part, when coint is trying to give some business value

Why is it stupid? Particl is a privacy platform which has a native privacy coin, PART. It only makes sense to compare it to other privacy coins as well to see what features it has and what features it doesn't have. I agree part of a research into crypto projects is about determining what "business value" the project has, but another important aspect is to study the technology as well.

As for the core of your question, who will use the marketplace if eBay introduces crypto payment...here's my personal opinion.

Particl is an open-source and decentralized privacy platform designed to work with almost any coin. The end goal of the platform is to create a brand new decentralized economy independent from exchanges and the fiat system. In a way, this is taking Satoshi's initial vision and pushing it a bit further. Whereas Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that, in most cases, still requires services from centralized parties such as exchanges, Particl aims to bring the entire ecosystem within a decentralized, natively private framework.

Again, Particl is a platform, not just a marketplace or a coin. The Particl marketplace will only be the first Dapp of many more to come, all with the end goal of furthering our vision of a completely decentralized and alternative economy independent from the fiat system.

So to understand why people would use our decentralized marketplace, you have to understand the bigger picture of Particl being a decentralized platform. We want users from all crypto communities to be able to do whatever they need in a decentralized and private fashion. We want everyone to be "freed" from centralized services and be part of an alternative economy.

I think the recent rumors from South Korea and China regarding banning centralized trading exchanges and how much of an effect these centralized parties have over crypto couldn't be a better example of why we need these services to be decentralized. Does it make sense to you to be trading your decentralized currencies on centralized exchanges? For me personally, it does not, the same way it doesn't make sense for me to have to cash out of crypto or use third-parties to purchase stuff online.

I'm sorry for this long ramble, but I'm trying to put into words the importance of creating an ENTIRE decentralized ecosystem rather than just a decentralized currency. Decentralized currencies are just not enough to truly break free from the centralized banking cartel economy, you need the whole ecosystem to be decentralized. The privacy marketplace we are building is the first step in that direction.
Activity: 97
PART is one of the privacy coins I have my confidence in. It is still undervalued considering such low supply.

Hey People, quick question; the mac wallet is this one --> particl_1.0.0_amd64.deb   ??

Thanks

It is this one here: https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.1.0

MacOS's wallet had a bug that was fixed!

Hi, the link doesn't work

On github they say that there is a Mac wallet but it's not linked ¿?
https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Where is the mac wallet ?

Really nothing for OS X or iOS? smh come on now. You are shutting off a huge market by not being available to apple users. Might have to go over to NAV

We will make it clearer on the new website coming soon, but MacOS version of our GUI wallet is here: https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.0.1

As for the ios version of our mobile wallet, it is currently not available. Apple is known to block most crypto apps so our strategy right now is to get included on a larger third-party wallets already available on the App Store such as Jaxx or coinomi for example.
Activity: 222
Merit: 1
Hi,
 I have 50 Part,  is enough to stake ?

I try to make cold staking but when I write  ./partyman status
it say:
  particld staking currently?      : NO - low_balance

Anyone can help me? thanks

Its worth staking so long as your electricity will cost less than your returns

https://particl.wiki/faq_part_coin_staking_calculator

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

Particl is more than the market dapp! Its a complete self contained privacy platform

A few of the differences:

eBay
- Centralised meaning others must be involved in your trades
- Rob the sellers through fees for listing (& then rob them again taking payments through paypal)
- Doesn't offer any type of privacy in fact all the seller and buyer data is analysed and then sold to other companies so extra profit can be made.
- Doesn't offer private listings

The Particl Market Dapp
- Completely Decentralised
- Lower fees for sellers meaning they can take more profit while passing on savings to buyers.
- Fees are then passed on to particl holders.
- Allows buyers and sellers to trade anonymously in a private secure environment.
- Private Listings / Markets will be possible.

Activity: 4
Hi,
 I have 50 Part,  is enough to stake ?

I try to make cold staking but when I write  ./partyman status
it say:
  particld staking currently?      : NO - low_balance

Anyone can help me? thanks
Activity: 298

Activity: 7

hmm...do you have your LOCAL wallet running and unlocked for staking only (lock icon shows as orange color and shows "unlocked staking only" if you hover over). Also, do you have LOCAL wallet unlocked for cold staking (snowflake icon at top is blue color and hover over shows "cold staking enabled"?

Have you completely followed all of the instructions in this guide?
https://particl.news/guide-setting-up-particl-cold-staking-f5d9073bac4

Just to let you know, I'm encountering the same issue now after I moved all of my particl to a new address. Now the cold staking percentage is back to 0% and the cold staking node shows that staking is no longer enabled with a cause of low balance, which is not correct:
 "enabled": 1,
  "staking": 0,
  "cause": "low_balance",

I'm thinking I might need to redo the cold staking setup again and generate a new cold staking address...

seems to be cold staking again after leaving my local wallet unlocked for staking and receiving some stakes...I didn't need to reconfigure anything on the cold staking node itself

Hi again, Yeah I followed all the different suggestions and nothing was working. I decided to try regular staking on the rPI for which I read instructions on on Reddit. Doing that, i managed to get the following:
  "staking": 1
However, it's been a couple of weeks since and my "Staked Balance" is still 0. I think I might just not bother with staking anymore. On their Riot channel, I did see somebody suggested a method of using particl-qt to enable the cold staking manually. Might try that method if I can find a couple of hours to spare one of these days.

Thanks for your help.

Np, if it shows staking now on your cold staking node, you should be good. Maybe 175 PART is not enough to generate frequent stakes. You could test this simply by enabling staking in your local wallet if you want. Simply open your local wallet (either particl-qt or Particl Wallet) and unlock for staking. As long as it's unlocked for staking it will as stake, provided that your Part balance is enough to stake. If you use the Particl Wallet, it should show staking details in the main gui.

Okay i will try staking directly on Particl Wallet. I was suspecting that I probably do not have enough coins which is why I was thinking of just forgetting about it. This method should allow me to confirm this hypothesis.

Thanks again for all the help.
Activity: 339
Merit: 251

hmm...do you have your LOCAL wallet running and unlocked for staking only (lock icon shows as orange color and shows "unlocked staking only" if you hover over). Also, do you have LOCAL wallet unlocked for cold staking (snowflake icon at top is blue color and hover over shows "cold staking enabled"?

Just to let you know, I'm encountering the same issue now after I moved all of my particl to a new address. Now the cold staking percentage is back to 0% and the cold staking node shows that staking is no longer enabled with a cause of low balance, which is not correct:

I'm thinking I might need to redo the cold staking setup again and generate a new cold staking address...

seems to be cold staking again after leaving my local wallet unlocked for staking and receiving some stakes...I didn't need to reconfigure anything on the cold staking node itself

Hi again, Yeah I followed all the different suggestions and nothing was working. I decided to try regular staking on the rPI for which I read instructions on on Reddit. Doing that, i managed to get the following:
However, it's been a couple of weeks since and my "Staked Balance" is still 0. I think I might just not bother with staking anymore. On their Riot channel, I did see somebody suggested a method of using particl-qt to enable the cold staking manually. Might try that method if I can find a couple of hours to spare one of these days.

Thanks for your help.

Np, if it shows staking now on your cold staking node, you should be good. Maybe 175 PART is not enough to generate frequent stakes. You could test this simply by enabling staking in your local wallet if you want. Simply open your local wallet (either particl-qt or Particl Wallet) and unlock for staking. As long as it's unlocked for staking it will as stake, provided that your Part balance is enough to stake. If you use the Particl Wallet, it should show staking details in the main gui.
Activity: 245
Merit: 101
Really nothing for OS X or iOS? smh come on now. You are shutting off a huge market by not being available to apple users. Might have to go over to NAV
Activity: 4
Hey People, quick question; the mac wallet is this one --> particl_1.0.0_amd64.deb   ??

Thanks

It is this one here: https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.1.0

MacOS's wallet had a bug that was fixed!

Hi, the link doesn't work

On github they say that there is a Mac wallet but it's not linked ¿?
https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Where is the mac wallet ?
Activity: 7

Thanks for your help.
Activity: 56
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS5v3bdVoAEKAct.jpg

Comparing Verge and Particl : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS5v3bdVoAEKAct.jpg

Can you guess which coin has $170 million market cap vs $2.6 billion? Cheesy

Verge was in the hundred million dollar market cap just a few months ago. Still amazing to think it is now in the billions. Looks like Particl is on its way there too.

Bitbay is cheaper and 3 years ahead of Particl! Why you fools buying this?
Pages:
Jump to: