Pages:
Author

Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace - page 27. (Read 85744 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 0
Just Bought Into PARTICL cos I Believe in Privacy Coins. Hope To See This Project Booooooooooom coming 2018
Activity: 7
Hi, I've bought some PART and set up cold staking on a Raspberry Pi as per the guide. I know that it was stated that the syncing process could take weeks but after about 5 days the cold staking progress is 0%. Is this expected behaviour? Would appreciate any help. Thanks
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
Particl is scam?
i not found whitepaper?

The chances are my dear friend. Scam projects usually have a whitepaper and no code.
Feel free to visit our active Github account where you can see all the amazing work going on : https://github.com/particl

Any other questions, let us know!
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
my particl wallet has been cold staking for over 2 weeks and still shows 99.97% complete. Seems like it will never get to the full 100%...

You could open Particl-qt and use coin control to see which output has yet to transfer to a 256bit address, and then manually do it by sending to a new 256bit address (I think even regular addresses would do the trick, not 100% sure though).

EDIT: Be sure your qt is the last version though!

thanks for the info will try that! only problem is I don't know how to create a 256bit address but I'll do some digging and see what I can find

edit: figured out how to create the 256bit address. Transferred two txes that were still under the regular address. Will see if this makes the cold staking go to 100% now.

Ok let me know if that worked or not. I'm curious myself.

As for 256bit addresses, you can create them with the latest version of particl-qt!

Hasn't worked yet and I've received 3 new stake rewards since this post...still showing 99.97% complete for cold staking.

Cold Staking Activation is a process which measures the # of your outputs which have converted to the new cold staking smart contract.
A 99.97% activation implies that 99.97% of your coins are "NOW" cold staking with 0.03% still waiting to convert (so make sure that staking node is online!!).

For argument sake, lets say you had 1000 PART ... so we know that 999.7 PART are Cold Staking and 0.3 PART are not.
The chances of your 0.3 PART of staking in the next few years is next to none (being realistic).

You therefore essentially have a few options.

1. Close your real wallet and forget about the 0.3 PART cold staking
2. Wait for the next GUI release which will give you the option to FORCE that 0.3 PART to convert.
3. If you are crypto tech savvy pop into our Riot channel and I am more than happy to explain to you how you can do this WITHOUT waiting for the new GUI Wallet.

I hope that clarifies matters.

EDIT : Please remember that the % Cold Staking Activation shown in the wallet is of coins currently Cold Staking.  100% = all of your coins are cold staking; 50% = half of your coins are cold staking.
Activity: 222
Merit: 1
Particl is scam?
i not found whitepaper?

Nope

Decentralised market whitepaper: https://github.com/particl/whitepaper/blob/master/decentralized-private-marketplace-draft-0.1.pdf

Edit: This whitepaper is just for the market, which is only part of the project.

Activity: 1
Particl is scam?
i not found whitepaper?
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
my particl wallet has been cold staking for over 2 weeks and still shows 99.97% complete. Seems like it will never get to the full 100%...

You could open Particl-qt and use coin control to see which output has yet to transfer to a 256bit address, and then manually do it by sending to a new 256bit address (I think even regular addresses would do the trick, not 100% sure though).

thanks for the info will try that! only problem is I don't know how to create a 256bit address but I'll do some digging and see what I can find

edit: figured out how to create the 256bit address. Transferred two txes that were still under the regular address. Will see if this makes the cold staking go to 100% now.

As for 256bit addresses, you can create them with the latest version of particl-qt!

Hasn't worked yet and I've received 3 new stake rewards since this post...still showing 99.97% complete for cold staking.
Activity: 226
Merit: 10
is there any minimal threshold for initial purchase?

What do you mean? You can buy any quantity of PARTs you want and also stake any amount you want. No minimum amount of PARTs required for anything!
Activity: 56
is there any minimal threshold for initial purchase?

Activity: 32
particl price should be higher. so much work was done and will be done,it is compatible with the future ... segwit..atomic swaps.. and so on.

i mean even outside the particl ecosystem.  

who is selling for that looser price??? i dont get it. you wait that your parts in btc are down down and then when particl is in top shape evolved

and your btc/particl invest is as low as never AND btc at all time high then you sell your particl and buy btc back?

for 8 $ or 0.00049535 BTC  thats a joke. it should be way more i think... what do you think guys?

Particl Marketplace Update: Backend
Open Market Protocol, the Market Model, & RPC API Functions

That's a great dev update, good job team! It gives a lot of information about the structure of the marketplace. Now I can't wait to see the first marketplace wireframes to be posted! Do you have any ETA on those?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
Particl Marketplace Update: Backend
Open Market Protocol, the Market Model, & RPC API Functions

This is major news, more than people currently realize. These guys founded SCI which is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, crypto company in the Phillipines and are positioning themselves to be major players in Asia. SCI is directly connected to Korea's giant Kakao (Kakao funded SCI) which is the owner of the new upcoming Korean UpBit exchange. UpBit is aiming at being the biggest korean exchange and Miguel is the one who helped put Particl on it.

These guys are at the top of a very influential company which regularly is invited to Philippine's Congress to discuss matters related to cryptocurrencies. I believe they are going to move Particl places, and over time it will become obvious how great assets these two men will be.

Quoted from Paul on Slack:

"They've been working behind the scenes for a couple months on exchange adoption in Asia. I believe Upbit was because of Miguel and there's a new one launching that has PART on it. They're also advisors on Coss.io too"
"He and John are part of a new exchange that's going to have PART and maybe be first regulated one in Philippines or somewhere over there. With multiple fiat outlets.. don't quote me but I think that's pretty accurate. I hear so much in a day that sometimes I forget or mix things up LOL"

Let's see what's cooking over in the Philippines Smiley
what platforms do you use on your token?

Platform? Do you mean codebase?

If yes, Particl is built on the latest Bitcoin protocol 0.15.1 https://particl.news/release-particl-core-0-15-1-0-fbeddf20ae5

Originally we forked off 0.14.2 and upgraded to 0.15.0.1 within a week of release and 0.15.1 within a week of release. As far as I know Particl is the most complete, up-to-date Bitcoin fork besides the recent ugly-step-sister forks from Bitcoin defectors.

Plus we've enhanced it with privacy cryptography from Greg Maxwell (Confidential Transactions-CT), Shen Noether (Ring Signature Confidential Transactions-RingCT) and a couple Bitcoin Smart Contracts (yes Bitcoin does smart contracts too!) in our 2-person trustless escrow (MAD) as well as Cold Staking for quantum resistant staking.

So if some joker says we're forking Bitcoin to make Bitcoin Private, you'll know it's already here and it's called Particl

As you bring up atomic swaps, how close are you to make atomic swaps seamlessly possible? Is that very close or a long term goal? Would that then be possible for any digital currency?

For now we only have atomic swaps natively compatible with BTC, LTC, DCR and VTC. You can see this on our Github. Using them isn't intuitive and we'll be creating an interface that makes it easy to understand and simple to navigate. This won't be available in the Alpha release and may not be available in the Beta. FWiW

We'll rely on 3rd party apps like shapeshift and changelly to allow token holders of major coins to use the marketplace without needing PART. Atomic Swaps integration will rely on how many projects are preparing their coins for it and where it falls in next year's roadmap.

Ok that means we are still quite far away from atomic swaps between the majority of digital currencies. What does it require for a coin that is not ready to be used for atomic swaps to actually prepare it for that function? Is that a lot of complicated dev work or should most of the decent coins' teams be able to implement it?

Actually I think not. There is a new Shapeshift/Changelly exchange (but using Atomic Swaps rather than centralized order book) that has been announced recently, and they have confirmed they are in contact with the Particl team and plan on adding the coin to its exchange. I suppose they would make available simple APIs that Particl could then easily integrate into its wallet the same way they plan on integrating Changelly and Shapeshift!

Here's how it could look like: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJSdUaVoAAwBmI.jpg:large
Pages:
Jump to: