Pages:
Author

Topic: Paying Bounty With TOKEN or ETH which will be better? - page 10. (Read 2470 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 131
Every now and then, a bounty program pops up that does pay in ETH.
They are rare though, just once in a blue moon.
I've kept track of a lot of them and I don't see them necessarily having more participation or after ico benefits than others.

Paying in eth will definitely help to lessen the impact of dumpers.
But for me, I never do a bounty program unless it's for an ico that I truly believe in and that has long term potential.
So for me, I would actually rather be paid in the ico's token.
I often invest money into the ico that I'm promoting, so combined with presale discounts and the free coins through the bounty, I manage to get a large amount for ridiculously low cost.

At that type of price entry point, my potential for profit is much larger than if I got paid in eth.
The highest profit I was able to make doing it this way was 17x profit.
Can't do that if I just got paid in eth.
Activity: 345
Merit: 0
Paying bounties with Ethereum and Tokens have two sides to it

- ETHEREUM: If bounty managers pay in Eth, it would make the value of the token to remain solid when it hits exchange

- TOKENS: So many bounty hunters tend to dump all tokens when it lists on an exchange, thus reducing the value of such token

MY ADVICE?.. PAY WITH ETH
Activity: 447
Merit: 11
Koinomo
but what is my question for you right now is, how will they pay participants using ETH or BTC Huh from ico funds Huh if they take from the sales fund, then where will they develop the project using funds from Huh
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
I think it is a very good suggestion for bounty hunters, but not for developers )), because ethereum has the real cost, as against their tokens ).
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I think that paying bounty hunters in Ethereum or Bitcoin will remove many questions that arise now and are quite relevant. Most of the projects claim that it is because of bounty hunters who sell tokens immediately after they enter the exchange, the price of tokens falls, but in my opinion this is nonsense, since hunters are interested at least in selling tokens at the ICO price, and not below 5 - 10 times. So the payment in Ethereum, for example, will be relevant.
Activity: 260
Merit: 15

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

I did some knowledge storm and I arrived at this;

1. Bounty hunters always want to dump and get out as soon as possible

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

3. People sense something Fishy in the project and the want go out.

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

Now the QUESTION is what could be the curse? and what is the Solution
There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

As a bounty hunter I would be glad if I receive my payments in Bitcoin, Ethereum or some other popular altcoins cryptocurrency instead of tokens for which I'm working for. Reason being bounty hunter's are paid last and sometimes even listing on exchanges takes too long and the dump which comes as soon as tokens gets listed makes things more miserable for bounty hunters, who don't get the better price for their work done.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Well id have to agree that most bounty or airdrop hunters sell their tokens as soon as it hits exchanges. This is the reason why most of the tokens that are promising decrease their value and finds it hard to recover. I think the best way for developers when launching their icos pay bounty hunters with eth or bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
Of course, ETH is best. Because with the bounty there is a lot of fuss. You yourself know. To create a bounty you need to shove a good team, site and much more. Then my token to bring to the market, as well as buying a beat on the stock exchange you need a lot of cues that would pay for it.
Activity: 182
For me honestly i like to be paid in tokens because i like to collect more tokens so that i can have more options. Whether to hodl or to trade directly.
Activity: 300
Merit: 10
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
The option to buy back with Ethereum seems more reasonable than paying for campaign participants with Ethereum.
of course paying with ETH is always easier and more convinient than other altcoins, it would be great if ICOs pay it by ETH but there are many cases that the amount of money we recieved by ETH is so little that it is not worthy for us bounty hunters use their time in those ICOs bounty, i still think accepting the risk to be paid by ICOs token rather than ICOs because it still have the chance to rise double or tripple the value of token when we sell.
Activity: 447
"Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC"  
Every bounty/airdrop hunters love it but how's about ICO manager ? They can create their own tokens and why do they have to pay ETH, BTC which they earn from investors ??
Activity: 396
Merit: 100
Chainjoes.com

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

its good if the bounty campaign will paid their bounty hunters either eth, btc or any other popular coin but the project will only lead to failure, the one reason why they distributed their token is to have enough holders of their coin, to have enough people to support them, but if there is no one who will use and hold their product, their project will fail.
Activity: 140
For me must good paying bounty with token because token is good for me and that's enough for me. The eth also good but it's depends on the bounty manager to which want to pay.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

SOLUTION

This is the best suggestion so far I'm ok with it Ethereum is best solution for payment in Bounties to avoid dumping sounds good but how about computation of the payments value (tokens computed to eth) is it the ICO price or what? lots of question that needs to be answer. But overall its a good suggestion.  
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
That's not how bounty works. If Bounty managers did as you say, they will have to pay cash from their own pockets or their investors'. Why would they do that if it is possible to create a marketing campaign (rather spammy) paying them free money they just created (their tokens)?

Even before bounties became a thing like it is now, the tokens prices used to take a dip on its first day of listing on an exchange. Not defending bounty hunters, but investors who want a quick buck will influence the market much greater than bounty hunters, in my opinion.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
It will be much much better for bounty hunters if it was paid in ETH. Payouts won't be dependent on the exchange listing of the token. And the price it opens up. ETH is much more stable and predictable.
But it is not favorable to ICOs. They usually have their proceedings locked for a time in vesting or the budget is planned for post-ICO marketing.
Activity: 67
The market capitalization of the Crypto-currency has decreased by almost $ 24 billion over the past day. At the time of writing, the total market capitalization of the Crypto-currency is $ 193 billion, compared to $ 217 billion on Monday.

The second largest capitalization of Ethereum's crypto currency at the Bitfinex exchange fell 21.05% to $ 263.28 after reports that investors who participated in the ICO sold coins to cover their expenses.  Shocked
Activity: 1624
Merit: 624
There will not be much difference between bounty campaigns and signature campaigns when payment is made as mentioned. I do not want to be reminded of the fact that the signature campaigns are the first and most important point of payment method that makes the campaigns different from these campaigns. In addition, it is inevitable that if this situation occurs, the limit of participation for many campaigns will come and it will be extremely difficult to find the right campaign. For that reason, I do not want to end up complaining that it is wrong to object very much to the existing system and that this system works extremely well. Obstacles made are of course beautiful, and at first glance it makes sense to hug, but as I said, if this happens, things can go too far.
Activity: 770
Merit: 298
tozex.io
Your suggestion is good but most campaigns don't prefer to pay in eth or btc as bounties payments and there are some of bounties i have seen paying in btc but payments where very low compared to most of Bounty campaigns which i think doesn't acceptable by most people.
agreed, most bounties that using btc as a payment is tend to be low than using their own coins, but it's give us guaranteed that we will be paid and not worry about how many we will get since the paid amount already fixed.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
The option to buy back with Ethereum seems more reasonable than paying for campaign participants with Ethereum.
Pages:
Jump to: