Pages:
Author

Topic: Paying Bounty With TOKEN or ETH which will be better? - page 6. (Read 2470 times)

Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I think it is best for a project to pay bounty hunters with ETH because most bounty hunters want to make their profit quickly and move on from the project. But I don't think this is the only reason why projects fail after listing on exchange, some of them offer investors large amount of bonus, and the investors dump immediately to make profit too.

https://destream.io/?referralId=adf52557d7994818a3bf8131262f2179#action=bountyreg
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
The reputable campaigns already pay in btc or eth.  Good posters don't want to waste their time with a signature campaign that pays in worthless tokens.  Anyone can create an erc 20 token in a few minutes, they have no value until proven otherwise.  Most projects that pay in btc have legit operation and a bright future.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
It has always been very attractive to to be paid in ether for your bounty work.  Those that received ether as means of payment in the last few months will not feel it is better with how bearish market has dealt with ether value!
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market

Payment on bounty hunters with Ethereum or BTC is the right thing to do to lessen the price dump of a specific bounty. I would suggest that after giving the ETH/BTC reward, that bounty/ICO will announce a trading competition for those hunters. The to 50 traders who collects the biggest number of their token in trading will win a new reward which will be paid in airdrops token. Ofcourse, it will be paid by rankings. That way, they pumped the price of their altcoin and will get more investor to trade their altcoin. What do you think?

2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

This one, I don't understand what do you mean by this. Can you please elaborate this more?
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
Obviously paying in Ethereum is much better tan Tokens because many times after bounty program token value of coin will down and hunters will get nothing. On the other hand, If you get Ethereum than you can get much after bounty program. so i prefer ETHEREUM more.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
A very big role in this is played by the project, which if it turns out to be promising, then the payment of tokens is more promising!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
A lot of us might want to choose the Ethereum option over the token option because we believe that the value of the pay might depreciate over time if it is in tokens, but will remain the same or even go higher if it is in Ethereum, or fiat.But the truth is that I do not see the possibility of this happening especially because the distribution of these tokens are meant to serve a purpose.
Yes I believe that they might want to choose Ethereum as a reward than receiving token because having ethereum as your own will be enough to get a profit than having a lot of tokens. Ethereum is a lot more valuable and might be worth it to your effort and time, sacrifices and sleepless nights to be able to make it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

I did some knowledge storm and I arrived at this;

1. Bounty hunters always want to dump and get out as soon as possible

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

3. People sense something Fishy in the project and the want go out.

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

Now the QUESTION is what could be the curse? and what is the Solution
There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

This idea is only suitable for projects with available capital. But if they had invested, they would never launch the ICO and bounty. And you need to know that the ICO is a form of calling for capital so the only way is to pay the bounty with their tokens. Because they have no money or BTC available to do it
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
paying bounty with eth is nt possible only tokens are possible that is proved in last one year so we can expect only tokens in place of ether
Activity: 112
I think every bounty hunter will love the idea of being paid with bitcoin, etherium or any other popular coin.  The problem is the projects didn't have enough fund to pay with such coin, that is why they use bounty campaign as a cheap way to promote their project because they pay with their new coin/token.
Activity: 382
Merit: 100
For me it's best to get a bonus from the bounty campaign in the Etherium. This payment is more guaranteed.
Activity: 753
Merit: 100

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

I did some knowledge storm and I arrived at this;

1. Bounty hunters always want to dump and get out as soon as possible

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

3. People sense something Fishy in the project and the want go out.

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

Now the QUESTION is what could be the curse? and what is the Solution
There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

On the one hand, this is good for members of the bounty campaigns, as they receive some kind of guarantee as payment in ETH and BTC, but on the other hand it is not profitable for projects, because they pay the reward  their tokens, which they themselves created.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
I believe that if the project is really good and that tokens are needed for utility then it's better to be paid in tokens rather than eth. Also, the dumping of tokens from bounty hunters usually happens so if they don't believe in the project then it's good to get rid of them at an early stage and let the believers have the tokens to support/use the product.
I agree with you, it is better to pay the bounty hunters a token instead of Ethereum. If you pay tokens to the bounty participants then it can help to promote their projects. Bounty hunters will trade their tokens immediately once they received it and listed on crypto exchange/s, it can cause dump but we can't blame them because they are the ones who worked for that money.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
I can't imagine what the outcome will be ,whether its good or bad idea ,but personally I still refer to get paid in tokens
because most of them I want to hold .
Activity: 203
A lot of us might want to choose the Ethereum option over the token option because we believe that the value of the pay might depreciate over time if it is in tokens, but will remain the same or even go higher if it is in Ethereum, or fiat.But the truth is that I do not see the possibility of this happening especially because the distribution of these tokens are meant to serve a purpose.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
That's not how bounty works. If Bounty managers did as you say, they will have to pay cash from their own pockets or their investors'. Why would they do that if it is possible to create a marketing campaign (rather spammy) paying them free money they just created (their tokens)?

Even before bounties became a thing like it is now, the tokens prices used to take a dip on its first day of listing on an exchange. Not defending bounty hunters, but investors who want a quick buck will influence the market much greater than bounty hunters, in my opinion.

I don't think they will have to pay cash from their own pockets because if they would just set the bounty payments as a percentage and they are collecting ETH as payments anyway then they would just pay the participants a part of the ETH they collected. This would prevent the participants then to dump their tokens in the exchange and stop blaming them for it when the price goes down below ICO value. It may still happen that it would dump because the investors may dump their tokens as well.
Activity: 120
It is not impossible for bounty hunters to be paid in other currencies like BTC and ETH. There are sections on here you can get such jobs and they are open to select ranks. But I feel this not feasible for most ICOs to do considering the number of bounty participants they get and it will not encourage the circulation of their tokens

Wrong. If you're talking about whether they can or cannot pay through BTC/ETH, they definitely CAN. It is possible. However, I think it's more of an issue of liquidity. Plus, if you think about it, why would they even pay someone through the money that they got from raising fund right? It would be very beneficial to just issue tokens rather than pay with btc/eth.
Activity: 105
I like receiving the token I'm doing the bounty for.  I realize sometimes we get duds but man when one hits or you become part of an awesome community it's really cool.  If we all got Ethereum we would not experience that. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
You have some good points here, but the Project also wants people to use their token at the initial time, then also they need to have some level of holders for some exchanges to consider them. Think about that.
Activity: 36
I think it would harm the ICO too much (not so much circulation/demand in their tokens, etc.), but for the hunters it would be great.
Pages:
Jump to: