Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 18. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
How about you give some respect to Zhou ?

Why?  He is the one who took on a large project he didn't know how to do, and lost everyone's records.  The entire reason you are all in this mess is because he couldn't be bothered to do a braindead backup.

Agreed. I'm glad zhou is out of the picture.

"Bitcoinica Consultancy" and "Bitcoin Consultancy" and "Intersango" may all be separate legal entities, but obviously all three are the same three people: patrick, amir, and donald. They may not be legally obligated to handle returning the funds, but I feel they owe it to us given their unauthorized e-mail access screw-up. They are apparently returning the funds in good faith.

I'm still waiting to get a reply confirming that my claim was accurate. I provided extra information as requested about a week ago (to [email protected], and I also agree that the change in email address was a little eyebrow-raising). My account activity was minimal and extremely simple: one deposit, no withdrawals, one active position held for weeks unchanged.

~35% of claimants are marked accurate
~86% of total funds are marked accurate
~25% of total funds have been repaid

No people aren't getting emails when their account status changes. I want to get whether a claim is marked accurate or not added to the claim ticket.

I'm looking forward to an update to the above status. As someone also in the dark on the status of my claim, I share some of the frustration. But I'm glad to see the reports from people receiving their funds.
Activity: 667
Merit: 500
This is crazy... What is intersangos motivation for dealing with this anyway? I wish we knew their motivation. If we did we might understand this craziness. They should know better.

As I have made painfully clear before Intersango IS NOT INVOLVED IN BITCOINICA IN ANYWAY.

Anybody saying Intersango LTD is a partner in Bitcoinica LP IS LYING.

My personal motivation here is to help people get back most of their funds, really the only chance you all have of getting your funds back is me.

So how about some fucking respect.

I could have easily passed this all off onto zhou and I'm sure he would have paid only the larger claims before running out of funds.

Does that sound fair?

Your analysis is not only wrong but straight up defamation.

Bitcoin Consultancy LTD is a UK Limited company which is neither owned nor owns any other company.

Intersango LTD is a UK Limited company which is neither owned nor owns any other company.

Bitcoinica LP is a New Zealand Limited Partnership.

Core Credit LTD is a New Zealand Limited Company and the General Partner of Bitcoinica LP.

Core Credit LTD was renamed to Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD significantly after the events occurred.

I personally have absolute no legal obligation to assist in any of this.  100% of my time and effort is donation.

As for Zhou's "plan" that is precisely what he said he intended to do, a strategy I find to be immensely immoral.

Hey seriously, this is out of control,  fucking respect for what exactly?   I don't speak for everyone and I am sure some people have been very difficult to deal with on this, but I have been EXTREMELY polite and patient dealing with you guys, provided information to you / your team / whoever you are to aid in you in piecing together the puzzle, verified my password (which appeared to be successful), have been completely and totally truthful in all information provided to the best of my recollection.  What have I got ?  ZERO - and losses adding up EVERY SINGLE DAY.  My account is worth more than double today than it was on the day you got amateur hour owned.    I understand you may not be responsible, but you are speaking as a representative of Bitcoinica / Bitcoinica Consultancy / United Alpaca Brothership / whoever the fuck has our interest free loans right now, and your personal reputation is not what is up for debate here.  As representatives of Bitcoinica, you guys all suck, and how you ask for respect at this point is completely fucked because you have blown each chance you have had to command some.  

It's sad to say, but at this point in time, if you are still this fucking frazzled how could the data you come up with have ANY chance of being even close to accurate?  The unfortunate part is, the ones who scream the loudest get the most attention, and I have been fairly quiet throughout this whole ordeal.  

Btw. Respect is earned.

Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep

Why would I maliciously misrepresent your words or actions? I have nothing to gain by this. I linked to references that are either legal documents or written by members of Bitcoinica LP.

Bitcoin Consultancy LTD is a UK Limited company which is neither owned nor owns any other company.

I did not claim this. I claim the members behind both companies are the same. Based on Tihans quote: "The members of Bitcoin Consultancy operated Bitcoinica via a separate New Zealand Ltd company formed for this purpose."

Intersango LTD is a UK Limited company which is neither owned nor owns any other company.

I did not mention Intersango LTD at all.

I agree, and did not claim otherwise

Core Credit LTD is a New Zealand Limited Company and the General Partner of Bitcoinica LP.

Ah this is new info. On 2012/06/07 Amir claimed that Core Credit Limited is Tihan's Parent company (the Limited Partner). See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.946751  

Core Credit LTD was renamed to Bitcoinica Consultancy LTD significantly after the events occurred.

Yes it happened on 2012/05/30 and it was never explained why this happened despite me asking repeatedly. Nevertheless the legal incorporation date for Bitcoinica Consultancy is 2012/01/30 according to the NZ documentation.

I personally have absolute no legal obligation to assist in any of this.  100% of my time and effort is donation.

I didn't say you were individually liable. As far as I understand the General Partner is liable. The General Partner is Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd. You are a member of Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd. (Unless this changed on May 30) Please correct me if I am wrong.

As for Zhou's "plan" that is precisely what he said he intended to do, a strategy I find to be immensely immoral.

It seems it is you doing the defamation here.

Oh and Patrick - Respect is earned. In the same way I earned the 30.000+ USD worth of funds that you are holding against my consent for the last 2 months.

I realize I am probably putting my claim at risk by pissing off 'the only person' who can help me get 'most' of my funds back but so be it.
vip
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
This is crazy... What is intersangos motivation for dealing with this anyway? I wish we knew their motivation. If we did we might understand this craziness. They should know better.

As I have made painfully clear before Intersango IS NOT INVOLVED IN BITCOINICA IN ANYWAY.

My personal motivation here is to help people get back most of their funds, really the only chance you all have of getting your funds back is me.

I could have easily passed this all off onto zhou and I'm sure he would have paid only the larger claims before running out of funds.

Does that sound fair?

Can you tell me who send me those mails than from [email protected]? sender Ryan bitcoinica..
Activity: 463
Merit: 252

Why?  He is the one who took on a large project he didn't know how to do, and lost everyone's records.  The entire reason you are all in this mess is because he couldn't be bothered to do a braindead backup.

May I remind you that:

• On 2012/01/30 Bitcoin Consultancy became Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd. (*1)
  • On 2012/03/22 Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd became the General Partner of the newly formed Bitcoinica Limited Partnership (*2)
  • On 2012/03/27 Bitcoin Consultancy was retained to perform a comprehensive security audit. (*3)
  • On 2012/04/24 Bitcoin Consultancy took over ownership and daily operations of Bitcoinica from Zhou (*4)
  • On 2012/05/11 Bitcoinica was hacked due to a root password reset via a compromised email server (belonging to a member of Bitcoin Consultancy). (*5)

IOW: Bitcoin(ica) Consultancy is responsible and liable for what happened on 2012/05/11. Bitcoinica Consultancy (a.k.a. "Intersango Guys") includes Donald, Patrick and Amir. Zhou was merely a Bitcoinica employee at that time (or maybe not even that since he has not been paid for work since 2012/04/01).

References:
1) http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/3715077
2) http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/app/ui/fsp/version/searchSummaryCompanyFSP/FSP207625/4.do?noReturn=true
3) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.919130 (Tihan's post)
4) http://bitcoinmedia.com/first-licensed-advanced-trading-platform-for-bitcoin/ (written by Donald, CEO of Bitcoin Consultancy)
5) http://bitcoinica.com (post-mortem)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Why?  He is the one who took on a large project he didn't know how to do, and lost everyone's records.  The entire reason you are all in this mess is because he couldn't be bothered to do a braindead backup.

May I remind you that:

• On 2012/03/22 Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd became the General Partner of the newly formed Bitcoinica Limited Partnership (*2)
  • On 2012/03/27 Bitcoin Consultancy was retained to perform a comprehensive security audit. (*3)
  • On 2012/04/24 Bitcoin Consultancy took over ownership and daily operations of Bitcoinica from Zhou (*4)
  • On 2012/05/11 Bitcoinica was hacked due to a root password reset via a compromised email server (belonging to a member of Bitcoin Consultancy). (*5)

IOW: Bitcoin(ica) Consultancy is responsible and liable for what happened on 2012/05/11. Bitcoinica Consultancy (a.k.a. "Intersango Guys") includes Donald, Patrick and Amir. Zhou was merely a Bitcoinica employee at that time (or maybe not even that since he has not been paid for work since 2012/04/01).

References:
2) http://www.business.govt.nz/fsp/app/ui/fsp/version/searchSummaryCompanyFSP/FSP207625/4.do?noReturn=true
4) http://bitcoinmedia.com/first-licensed-advanced-trading-platform-for-bitcoin/ (written by Donald, CEO of Bitcoin Consultancy)

Thank you.  I wasn't aware of the timeline.
Mine Silent, Mine Deep

May I remind you that:

References:
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Why?  He is the one who took on a large project he didn't know how to do, and lost everyone's records.  The entire reason you are all in this mess is because he couldn't be bothered to do a braindead backup.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Who are you replying to specifically ?

Like we fucking care at this point !

Does that sound fair?

OK so you are Intersango's CTO - AND - the only one who can return Bitcoinica's fund.

LP, LTD, Bitcoin Consultancy or not. There are more companies names and titles here than people involved and guess what; You are one of them.
NOT INVOLVED IN BITCOINICA IN ANY-WAYS.
GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK !
May I ask then, Who the fuck is involved with Bitcoinica's fund ?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
the only chancereason you all have of getting your funds held hostage back is me.

FTFY
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
the only chance you all have of getting your funds back is me.

How about less arrogance and more professionalism? I feel like a hostage.

Does that sound fair?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Stall tactic comes to mind.

I have refrained from posting on this thread, even more so since genjix poured his soul out in one of his recent posts, of which I'm inclined to believe. But in light of recent developments, something doesn't smell right to me.

Watching!

~Bruno~
Do I understand this correctly that the GOX codes are being sent UNENCRYPTED through plain text e-mails?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

People requested gpg encryption or even other strange side channels have received that.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1002
still haven t received anything..i received this email from ryan bitcoinica:
Hi,

Your claim will take longer to process as we need to build a case for
your account.

no explanation or something..?

Really? I didn't reply to any email regarding the claims. Please check the sender again.

yes this was the sender [email protected] with the name ryan bitcoinica...

I received similar emails, but they advised me to reply to [email protected] and came from bitcoinica.com. Yours sounds a bit phishy.
vip
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
still haven t received anything..i received this email from ryan bitcoinica:
Hi,

Your claim will take longer to process as we need to build a case for
your account.

no explanation or something..?

Really? I didn't reply to any email regarding the claims. Please check the sender again.

yes this was the sender [email protected] with the name ryan bitcoinica...
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
It seems like they're dragging their feets with larger accounts.

That is the impression I got as well (I you check the BTC transfers they are typically in the 2 digit range)

53BTC was returned...only real proove was my passport as i had a verified account

I'm happy for flower1024 but it worries me that they are paying out small claims with poor proof over large claims with solid proof. A lot of small mistaken payouts will still amount to a lot of losses. And genjix was claiming that any mistaken payouts will not be covered (which I find unacceptable btw). So it sucks if you are last in line simply because you had a lot of money there.
donator
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Got 220 BTC back, nothing big that's for sure... Hopefully you guys with larger balances will get yours soon.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
50% How many BTC was it ?

Also why are people so happy they are getting 50% back after months? Seems crazy...
50% is better than nothing and it gave me some hope...
Would you say that if you had half of your life's savings in there ?

100USD and 106BTC
53BTC was returned

thats really not that much. and i had way less proof than Goat (only real proove was my passport as i had a verified account)
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
50% How many BTC was it ?

Also why are people so happy they are getting 50% back after months? Seems crazy...
50% is better than nothing and it gave me some hope...
Would you say that if you had half of your life's savings in there ?
Pages:
Jump to: