Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 20. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
still haven t received anything..i received this email from ryan bitcoinica:
Hi,

Your claim will take longer to process as we need to build a case for
your account.

no explanation or something..?

Really? I didn't reply to any email regarding the claims. Please check the sender again.

Code:
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
Hi,

your account.

Really? I didn't reply to any email regarding the claims. Please check the sender again.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
hmmm...
no mails or coins for me too this far...

My only pleasure is that the guys from bitcoinica/intersango even too waste huge ammounts of time to sort out some pennys from suspiciously malicious claims instead of take the bitter pill to pay what they can't proove to be malicious an restart their business on a better basis...

considering the price rally that had happend within just this period of "security investigation" they were in a better position now when they had payed whatever was claimed and start to rebuild their business on a better basis. Everybody would have been satisfied and they had gained very much trust for this painfully but straight and reliable way of managing a crisis without torturing their clients with an endless process of poor information and waiting for what ever will come.

From this point of view they burn not only their reputation... huge ammounts of money wasn't made too for these heroes of "let's do it painfully slow and reasonable"...

Maybe it's time to fix the problem with an other philosophy? I think the train is goin to run faster now maybe they won't catch it anymore by going on this way...

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
This is seriously stalling bitcoin progress for many months, if not years. Even though I received half of my coins back (50.5/101) I'm not trusting, let alone investing any of my btc in btc related businesses again.
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Hi,

your account.

At least you got an e-mail. No coins or e-mail here.
vip
Activity: 33
Hi,

your account.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I lost a huge load of coins in Bitcoinica, I wouldnt trust them or most bitcoin services (even MtGox) ....
Activity: 22
Do I understand this correctly that the GOX codes are being sent UNENCRYPTED through plain text e-mails?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes, plain text e-mails.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
Got half of my coins back and they also accounted for my trading gains as well.

Thanks so much.  I take back that curse I put on you guys with the Nigerian witchdoctor from Chinatown.
Activity: 531
Merit: 505
Do I understand this correctly that the GOX codes are being sent UNENCRYPTED through plain text e-mails?

Shocked Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
Received 50% of my claimed amount, which was approximate and slightly underestimated, but whatever, just happy to be getting something.

Might I suggest sending a small message along with the mtgox code, a standard copy/paste would be fine, for the spam filters. I almost deleted my code Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
Activity: 22
Just got 50% of mine back today - half of my BTC and half of my USD - both as gox codes

has anyone else go any usd payments back yet? please reply here and let us know.

I got some USD and BTC back today, both as MTGOX Codes.

It's a little less than 50%, and I've replied to ask the reason.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Just got 50% of mine back today - half of my BTC and half of my USD - both as gox codes

has anyone else go any usd payments back yet? please reply here and let us know.

Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
there will be unforeseen consequences//

consequences will never be the same Shocked
Activity: 661
Merit: 500

good to hear
Activity: 431
Merit: 251
vip
Just received 40% of my claim amount, I guess they reserved(or sold?) some BTC for the lose of my long position.
Sorry, I have to repeat my question:
Hi genjix/phantomcircuit,
The base price of my long position is higher than 5.1 and my USD balance is zero, so will you sell my BTC to cover the lose of my long position? @what price? Thanks.
Lets say you have 100 BTC, 0 USD and your position has a net value of -10 USD, 10 USD worth of BTC will be sold to cover at current market prices (not at 5.1 or 4.9), so at 6.8(an example) you would be sent 100 - (10/6.Cool ~= 98.5 BTC

Thanks for your response. but we still have one issue, who will determine the price to sell my BTC? Do I have the option to get back all my BTC and deposit USD to cover the position lose?

This option should be made available. Bitcoinica team please consider it.

It's absolutely fair to exchange a 10 USD Mt. Gox code with the 100 BTC refund in the above-mentioned situation. No one will complain about the price any more.
donator
Activity: 229
Merit: 106
Just received 40% of my claim amount, I guess they reserved(or sold?) some BTC for the lose of my long position.
Sorry, I have to repeat my question:
Hi genjix/phantomcircuit,
The base price of my long position is higher than 5.1 and my USD balance is zero, so will you sell my BTC to cover the lose of my long position? @what price? Thanks.
Lets say you have 100 BTC, 0 USD and your position has a net value of -10 USD, 10 USD worth of BTC will be sold to cover at current market prices (not at 5.1 or 4.9), so at 6.8(an example) you would be sent 100 - (10/6.Cool ~= 98.5 BTC

Thanks for your response. but we still have one issue, who will determine the price to sell my BTC? Do I have the option to get back all my BTC and deposit USD to cover the position lose?
vip
Closing long position at 5.1 ? really ?, I would estimate most position were long ones and I have big doubts that you liquidated all positions right after the hack.
If you did, that was a stupid move because the price would have fallen from the event.  If it didn't, it just didn't rise as much as it should've.

Apart from this week, You did not state once how position would be liquidated, if you did, show me the post, and lets see what price it was.
(7 day after the hack the price was 5.15 and raised ever since with an average of ~5.6

Your website doesn't say shit yet about positions being liquidated and you obviously didn't send an email either.

If gambling with customers money helped you out recover stolen money, on top of Tihan money, FINE, I've more to worry about.
To be honest, every new minutes that passes I'm worried me that you may loose everything on the main wallet.

Bitcoinica only hedges when there is a change in net position. After shutdown, no change happens so no hedge should occur either.

The open positions for both long and short are almost equal, so there's no profit/loss to Bitcoinica regardless of the liquidation price they set. It can be $100 if they really want to. However, the people with short positions would have been forced to liquidate and there was no way to recover the losses beyond their deposit, it makes sense to choose a price close enough to the market price when liquidation is no longer possible, so that no one will owe anything to Bitcoinica and everyone will be able to get a fair share of refunds.

If you set the liquidation price to $6.5, my estimation is that you'll only get 50% of your money back (unless the shorts pay for their losses by extra deposits, which they won't). For most people they will be worse off.

It's a zero sum game to return the money. Any unexpected benefit for anyone means an unnecessary loss to someone else. What Bitcoinica is trying to do is to make everyone happy with priorities: prevent "real losses" rather than "opportunity cost", making the winners profit less rather than losers lose more.
Pages:
Jump to: