Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 15. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
Nailed it...

My guess is they got hacked again or Mt. Gox froze their account   Tongue

<<(in the voice of Neil Young) When I get big! Really big!>> I want to be a Goat. At least there is some good news to come out of all this--a new thread has a started and this one, too, may get locked.

~Al the Alpaca~
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
The bullshit just keeps piling up.

...and yet STILL no scammer tags?!?   Huh
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
Nailed it...

Clearly you took it. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Nailed it...

Convenient, hein?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Now seriously. What is happening? Like many I have my claim fully documented and "marked  as accurate" for weeks. But I'm still with 0 refund.

They have the dollars and only lost a small part of their Bitcoins. Why are doing it so difficult? It takes less time send Bitcoins that write a mail "Marked as accurate."

Moreover it seems absurd that pretend to close positions at 0 profits. Those of us long to take those positions, we bought these bitcoin and bitcoinica still having them, so that these profits are real for they. The shorts,  sold, I don't would consider these lost, but rather that they don't have profit of the price increase.

They have a lots of legal issues to deal with, They have no DB of the balance, they have another venture to work on (intersango)
Among other things.  Lots of unknown.
Activity: 185
I'm fearful not to be able to handle the bad news.  Cry

Bitcoin payouts suddenly stopped on wednesday, and now we're told to expect more bad news. Not sure whether to buy pitchforks for the mob or rope for myself. I always assumed everything I spent on bitcoin could be wasted, and initially wrote off my Bitcoinica balance as lost until the payouts began, but this knife-twisting is unbearable.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Now seriously. What is happening? Like many I have my claim fully documented and "marked  as accurate" for weeks. But I'm still with 0 refund.

They have the dollars and only lost a small part of their Bitcoins. Why are doing it so difficult? It takes less time send Bitcoins that write a mail "Marked as accurate."

Moreover it seems absurd that pretend to close positions at 0 profits. Those of us long to take those positions, we bought these bitcoin and bitcoinica still having them, so that these profits are real for they. The shorts,  sold, I don't would consider these lost, but rather that they don't have profit of the price increase.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

They 'invested' all the moneys in Pirate's fund and now that the price has gone up the Pirate has disappeared with their coins! Tongue
Alien abduction
Zhou is really Bruce Wagner

Disclaimer: I have lost 50btc to Zhou's incompetence...
The Future Of Work
/venting/ *

I've always been bullish even with BTC at 20$, I had ~3000btc+ on long positions, if you don't trust my claim, I can provide all my old wallet.dat, that show all my generated blocks and all of my 1500+ transactions. Also my full mtgox history, even my mt.gox password so you can look for yourself.
You can also have all my receipts detailing my hardware purchases.  Even have pictures of my over-sized electricity bills.
I'm really desperate and don't think I can be more transparent than that.

*Sorry I know this post is useless to most of you.

Wait till you see the forthcoming "Bad News"!
donator
/venting/ *

I've always been bullish even with BTC at 20$, I had ~3000btc+ on long positions, if you don't trust my claim, I can provide all my old wallet.dat, that show all my generated blocks and all of my 1500+ transactions. Also my full mtgox history, even my mt.gox password so you can look for yourself.
You can also have all my receipts detailing my hardware purchases.  Even have pictures of my over-sized electricity bills.
I'm really desperate and don't think I can be more transparent than that.

*Sorry I know this post is useless to most of you.
The Future Of Work

USD/fiat frozen in some bank pending an investigation, comes to this alpaca's mind.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Posting an update soon.

good news?

If it's related to my previous email to the Bitcoinica team, no, it's a bad news.

This was a pointless and malicious comment.

Are you trying to further harm their reputation or your own? Because they're not entirely separate.

No, I was merely stating a fact. I discovered something unusual and I emailed them. They promised an update. And that's it.

I don't have the right to update you publicly because I have some advantage in obtaining insider information.

I'm not part of the "bad news" and I'm not involved in Bitcoinica. If I didn't tell them they will discover the problem anyway.

You must still be involved to some degree if you were able to discover "something unusual". And if you don't have the right to update publicly, then you shouldn't make public hints. It only thickens the fog of uncertainty and rumors surrounding your former company. Clearly, you only made that comment because you have an axe to grind.

I disagree with you, I have a question and zhou has answered from knowledge of information that could contain that update.  Certainly it is frustrating to be told "bad news",but I prefer to know they exist, though not be the reason for the update announced.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Hmm. SQL injection caused massive database fuckup?
Perhaps the email server was re-compromised!
Maria is being a bitch and freezing everyone's funds with a douchenozzle lawsuit?
Someone essential to the process died suddenly, perhaps!

Whaddya think?
donator
I'm fearful not to be able to handle the bad news.  Cry
The Future Of Work
I was giving them such a hard time because my accurate account status was not paid in a month and that was just uncalled for. However now that is see that my account is no longer accurate and they want time to double check it, it is a whole different game.

My account has been marked accurate for about the same time, but nothing yet.

You should have them see if it is "formatted correctly" and if it is, ask why the delay. Also if it is a large account there will also be delay. I only have 700 BTC and they find this to be a large amount. :/

My guess is that all players involved in this transaction are being held up, yours among them, Goat: http://blockchain.info/tx-index/5416502/7a22917744aa9ed740faf3068a2f895424ed816ed1a04012b47df7a493f056e8

But what do I know? I'm only an alpaca.

~Bruno~

Yeah, I wonder if you are right. That is proof my coin was at bitcoinica so them saying they need more delay is just silly...

Another thing I can't figure out is how so many of those addresses split, with the other half (not true halves) all working their way to THAT ONE BIG FAT WALLET.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Posting an update soon.

good news?

If it's related to my previous email to the Bitcoinica team, no, it's a bad news.

Are you trying to further harm their reputation or your own? Because they're not entirely separate.

No, I was merely stating a fact. I discovered something unusual and I emailed them. They promised an update. And that's it.

I don't have the right to update you publicly because I have some advantage in obtaining insider information.

I'm not part of the "bad news" and I'm not involved in Bitcoinica. If I didn't tell them they will discover the problem anyway.

You must still be involved to some degree if you were able to discover "something unusual". And if you don't have the right to update publicly, then you shouldn't make public hints. It only thickens the fog of uncertainty and rumors surrounding your former company. Clearly, you only made that comment because you have an axe to grind.
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
Posting an update soon.

good news?

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Posting an update soon.

good news?

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Oh good lord, what's going on in here?
Pages:
Jump to: