Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 26. (Read 156693 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
Any information you have can help your claim get processed faster:

- MtGox deposit codes
- Any emails received from Bitcoinica
- Photograph of your ID to prove account ownership
- Bitcoin transaction IDs or addresses used with Bitcoinica.

Send any information to [email protected]
I realized that it needed to do these things again ...

If we have already done this, and are listed as accurate should we send the information again to this new address?? will this help get our money back faster? I'm still at 0% paid and all I had were BTC.

Nope. I would simply CC it to [email protected] and then add the information myself to people's claims.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
@Transisto

Thank you very much for this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89782.new;topicseen#new

If possible i would like to see a list of claims and payout percentage. community style (for anon reases maybe bitconica username only) Wink
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252

- MtGox deposit codes

Just to get it straight: You cannot oblige people to accept this as a condition for getting their BTC back if they did not consent to Bitscamica's usage conditions to provide such information in the first place.

Who in his right mind is going to send personal information to people like you?

I really hope law will be enforced in this case.

They didn't say you have to, they just said it would help them "process your claim faster", read from that what you will.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
requesting additional information, pointing to external difficulties, claiming not being the one (fully) in charge, promising something "soon" <= typically done by the average scammer to buy time thereby increasing the likelihood people giving up on their claims and making it easier for the perpetrator to escape from prosecution
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
we are so screwed, They have no database and they must be stalling to get more bitcoins or somehow get enough funds to payback everyone. You can email them all your bitcoin deposit Transaction ID: and deposit #XXXXX and even then it still doesn't make sense how they can't payout at least 50% of your money funds.

So the longer this takes we need to take legal action and declare punitive damages, bitcoinica should not be allowed to hold our funds and should pay us at 100% right now.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

- MtGox deposit codes

Just to get it straight: You cannot oblige people to accept this as a condition for getting their BTC back if they did not consent to Bitscamica's usage conditions to provide such information in the first place.

Who in his right mind is going to send personal information to people like you?

I really hope law will be enforced in this case.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

- MtGox deposit codes

today in the morning i got an email fom [email protected], it told me again that I should send anythin wich could help to verify cthe claim to
[email protected]

Now you say we should send all that can help to verify the claims to
[email protected] Huh   (who is this??)
maybe tomorrow someone states we should send anything that can help to verify our claims to
[email protected]  Huh

what are you doing there??
I sent anything i got to [email protected] again today, it not very much, just the mails from bitcoinica according my deposits an one withdrawal, tx-ID'S you can get out of theese mails, blockchain provides Adresses wich are tied to theese transactions. what more do you need?
You got my full name and home-adress, you got my emailadress wich was tied to my account at bitcoinica, you got my username from the account, I also tried to verify my account with my bitcoinica password (no matching hash was found...), you never had photo from my ID so whatfor do you need it now?
(maybe I' willing to give it to you if it's to proove that I had just one claim open, and will only be paid once, but you will get it when i get a message like something like this: please send photo of your ID to receive back your funds. Payment will be processed immediately after you sent it...)

Christian

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

- MtGox deposit codes

I realized that it needed to do these things again ...
Activity: 616
Merit: 502
everything is clear ... Maria = Hacker... Return the target database - and you get a fake claim payout .. So all will be easier .. Reputation completely destroyed .. Your goal - to complete. What are you waiting for? This is obvious for me and for you to be the same .. No one will sue, it would be a good lesson for safety .. Take Action! Purpose - is reached, the price rose above the moving averages .. I know you made a backup, then - had a goal to return it ... All will believe in this nonsense, and I'll be happy to end, the success of the process. Sorry for machine translation ..
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
OK, sorry I took it so personally. I understand the frustration, but I'm confident that progress is being made now. It will take time. Donald has taken the initiative largely and is making solid progress. There are some holdups, and Zhou is being helpful too by sharing information needed.

There's something with Tihan going on, but I am not following that because it's unneeded drama for me - it seems he got fired, although I'm not sure for what. Personally I don't know if it's justified because I don't know the specifics. On the one hand, his boss felt the need to do so. On the other hand, when Bitcoinica was first hacked, I was terrified and suicidal at the thought that users funds could not be replaced. Tihan put those funds up, which is why we can now process payments out.

Are you going to ignore my question? I have a few friends in London, can they pay you a visit and inquire about the missing funds? Genjix, answer this question clearly for me, is Zhoutong responsible for my lost bitcoins or YOU are responsible for my lost? I thought Zhoutong at first because he lied to all of us and based on that I targeted him, but since I see you are making payouts and you seem to represent bitcoinica now, I now ask YO
u.

ONE LAST TIME, When will you payout my bitcoins? TOTAL = 16,000 BTC

Maria.
ONE LAST TIME, When will you payout my bitcoins? TOTAL = 5 BTC
legendary

- MtGox deposit codes

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-

Are you going to ignore my question? I have a few friends in London, can they pay you a visit and inquire about the missing funds? Genjix, answer this question clearly for me, is Zhoutong responsible for my lost bitcoins or YOU are responsible for my lost? I thought Zhoutong at first because he lied to all of us and based on that I targeted him, but since I see you are making payouts and you seem to represent bitcoinica now, I now ask YO
u.

Maria.

Maria: as speaking for everyone on this forum, Shut the fuck up.
+100

Yep, Maria, stop this nonsense. They have no obligation to meet you or your friends whether virtual or real. If you are not happy you can email them, you can write them to their registered address in NZ and/or you can sue them. You also can whine here. If you really want to go after them personally you sue them and try to pierce the veil of limited liability.

Overstep this and you should be in jail.

vip
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
OK, sorry I took it so personally. I understand the frustration, but I'm confident that progress is being made now. It will take time. Donald has taken the initiative largely and is making solid progress. There are some holdups, and Zhou is being helpful too by sharing information needed.

There's something with Tihan going on, but I am not following that because it's unneeded drama for me - it seems he got fired, although I'm not sure for what. Personally I don't know if it's justified because I don't know the specifics. On the one hand, his boss felt the need to do so. On the other hand, when Bitcoinica was first hacked, I was terrified and suicidal at the thought that users funds could not be replaced. Tihan put those funds up, which is why we can now process payments out.

u.

Maria.

and this loss was from this hack??
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!

u.

Maria.

+100
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252

u.

Maria.

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

u.

Maria.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
so no one has got us dollar payouts?

if anyone has got usd payouts please let me know.

can someone with authority tell me when to expect usd payouts?

legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!

oh shit! the man with the money got fired... this is not gonna end well.
legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
What do you mean by "you". We were not even involved in Bitcoinica during that time. We did not move to rackspace VPS. I don't know what game you are playing, but I know that you know this.

Yep, we all know that. The problem is that when one buys a biz (or part of it) one gets it's assets and liabilities and comedy value too.

I only notarised the signed document for the formation of Bitcoinica the day before the hack. This is public information, yet somehow you are implying false things which is very sly and strange. The only thing we are guilty of is that Patrick's personal email got added access to critical infrastructure without his knowledge, and that his email was compromised. And now it is us that bears the brunt of processing payouts.

We all know that too. It is quite damn embarrassing, nevertheless. And here people were quite understanding for long time. And I was the first one here to come out and say that only those who do nothing do not make mistakes. Now I kind of forced to add that those who do effectively nothing about releasing significant funds to many people must be doing something badly wrong.

You know this. Yet you seem intent to just make fun of me. Are you bitter or something? Did I burn you? It's honestly pathetic considering that we hung out in London a few times, you seemed a cool person and I vouched for your trusted character to others.

Make fun of you? Well yes and no. Not really you personally (however, it is you are the one who responds with personal attacks).

You are here effectively the spokesman of Bitcoinica LP, so in my posts here "you" usually means "Bitcoinica LP". But think about it, what else here left for us here to do? No seriously! Just cracked a innocent light joke or two and you immediately respond with ad homini attack and moved on to "we are not friends anymore" stance. Whether my character is trusted or not, I am not the one here who holds millions of other people money.

Bitter? Yep, to some degree. I suppose like many others here. One of the companies I was involved with has happened to have some small'iish 4 digit amount held there for quite some time now. While it is not much, that money were earmarked to be used to pay for print of Bitcoin Magazine #1, and now #2 and given that "we hanged out" and "trusted character" and that people on our side were in direct contact with Bitcoinica it tastes rather bitter to not have a single reply on our small 'ish claim in 50+ days. We must be on a "untrusted scammers, to not be paid out a single penny and to ignore" list there in Bitcoinica. This makes no sense. Would it explain some bitterness?

However small this amount is, it adds up, we had to rise some finance for Bitcoin Magazine and sell some tiny amount of equity (less than one percent) to finance print of #2. This equity could have been not sold and it easily can worth 10 times the amount a few month down the road, once we are in B&N stores and land a few more distribution deals. I am sure you (Bitcoinica LP) are damaging many other parties as well. This little example illustrates how damages you cause can be many times more than amounts you hold hostage.

I wish you have taken Zhou's offer to sort most of this in one week instead of doing all this "processing" for about two month now (and counting) with no end in sight.

So why such an overreaction and ad homini attacks in response to some innocent jokes? Do you really think that you (Bitcoinica LP) can hold hostage millions of dollars and your victims shall not even crack a joke at your expense?

Just to summarise. I am not attacking you personally (it seems you do attack me personally, however). I am, like others, irritated by the way Bitcoinica LP handles this and how long it takes.
Pages:
Jump to: