Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 29. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
genjix can you please look into my account it is the same user name i use on this forum.

can you tell us when holders of us dollars will get paid?

donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
...  Most level headed people are willing to be patient as long as they don't get the sense that they're being completely ignored.  Though, on the other hand, I understand that the backlog and workload is pretty heavy and that time responding to emails and posting on the forum is time away from processing claims.  But then, perhaps a post with a bit more detail about all that would have helped.  In any event, my gratitude to the work Amir and the rest of them have been doing.  I have no doubt this is stressful and difficult, and you're getting a lot of shit in return.   Undecided
+1
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
I actually regret joining the dog pile to the extent I have in the past, and my sympathy for Amir and friends' position has grown over the weeks.  My main frustration was the lack of communication.  When I finally received an email response, even though it was extremely brief, it was enough.  Lots of us aren't asking for much in the way of communication.  So, that's my main criticism - that there's been an real lack of communication.  Most level headed people are willing to be patient as long as they don't get the sense that they're being completely ignored.  Though, on the other hand, I understand that the backlog and workload is pretty heavy and that time responding to emails and posting on the forum is time away from processing claims.  But then, perhaps a post with a bit more detail about all that would have helped.  In any event, my gratitude to the work Amir and the rest of them have been doing.  I have no doubt this is stressful and difficult, and you're getting a lot of shit in return.   Undecided
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
mlawrence, call the police. I will cooperate fully.

I can't call the police!  No crime has happened to me (yet).

If you are so willing to cooperate - why don't you take 10 seconds and call them yourself?

The whole forum is wondering that - WHY?

Exactly.

No police = no crime to me and others.

Hacking into your email server and deleting databases for malicious intent = misuse of Computer Act !

Does not matter if it was BTC related or not. Hacking into servers causing huge loss of $$$ = police case filed.

It is what I would do if I was a professional like yourselves and trying to make it look authentic even if it was inside job.

But you are not even trying to hide here because you know mybitcoin stole 49% and got away with it so why can't you do that too while hiding under the thick corporate veil you setup ?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Also, it wasn't our staff that lost the backups. Zhou was admining the site, and he had no backups. One of our responsibilities would have been to create a backup system after the takeover.

See, there is a reason children should not be trusted with important projects.   Embarrassed
Vod
legendary

I can't call the police!  No crime has happened to me (yet).

If you are so willing to cooperate - why don't you take 10 seconds and call them yourself?

The whole forum is wondering that - WHY?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

Also, it wasn't our staff that lost the backups. Zhou was admining the site, and he had no backups. One of our responsibilities would have been to create a backup system after the takeover.

... I've been researching Donald's username on that forum, Do he post here ? if so what is it ?

He doesn't interact much with the community. He sometimes uses the nickname Incitatus on IRC.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
... It is a net loss considering I'm worth $50+ per hour. I charge $200 per hour for consulting work, and here I am spending 20 mins at a time researching claims and answering emails for sums less than $10. ...
Is there something/anything you could outsource by hiring someone ?

I had not made change to my account for months before the hack.
I have been told my claim was accurate.
I'm now to be expecting 50% of that ~2 month later ... (while the sum involved were above 10K$)

... I've been researching Donald's username on that forum, Do he post here ? if so what is it ?
Vod
legendary
Take it to a different thread. This is for payment updates.

My identity has been public since day 1 of Bitcoin. Our pictures and identities are on the front of intersango.com. Our company info is on the about page which has a number and address. My house address is on google. We've run many honest services for 2 years now in bitcoin land. Your post = FUD and smear. Take it to a different thread as I want to keep this thread for simple payment updates and answering people's legitimate concerns.

My concern is a very legitimate one and relates to the topic of this thread - security investigation.

Unless you and your staff are incompetent, there is no way a hacker could have destroyed the database backups that were kept on a different machine.  So your system was accessed by someone with your blessing, and all the backups conveniently wiped out.  

So your latest stance is "call the police and you will never see your money"?  That sounds like blackmail to me.  Why are you trying so hard to keep the police out of it?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

My identity has been public since day 1 of Bitcoin. Our pictures and identities are on the front of intersango.com. Our company info is on the about page which has a number and address. My house address is on google. We've run many honest services for 2 years now in bitcoin land.

On this point, I agree fully with genjix. And it is true that the claims process means a lot of work.
I just don't understand why it takes so long to pay out verified and accurate claims.
legendary
Take it to a different thread. This is for payment updates.

My identity has been public since day 1 of Bitcoin. Our pictures and identities are on the front of intersango.com. Our company info is on the about page which has a number and address. My house address is on google. We've run many honest services for 2 years now in bitcoin land. Your post = FUD and smear. Take it to a different thread as I want to keep this thread for simple payment updates and answering people's legitimate concerns.
Vod
legendary
if this was a company in the usa or uk all involved would have been arrested already.

since this is international , international police will have to be involved which is a long process.

lets see what the poll says but i agree, totally unacceptable.

My name is public, and my address/location too. If you want to get the police involved, I would be fine to go to them and let them have the problem to deal with. Good luck getting any money back then ever. I've got nothing to hide. Bitcoin people are always believing conspiracy theories like us making money from interest or it being an inside job.

We'll never know why you started to pull the scam and backpedaled but I think your identity being made public was a big part in that.  But no matter what you say on these forums, the fact you don't want legal authorities involved (even just a report) is because you know who "stole" the money.

Please dont' try and play the victim.  I don't figure you guys for fools - I know you watched the other scam sites and realized you could take 20%-50% of every users balance without any real repercussions.    Plus you get the full balances of every user that cannot validate their claims to your satisfaction.
legendary
if this was a company in the usa or uk all involved would have been arrested already.

since this is international , international police will have to be involved which is a long process.

My name is public, and my address/location too. If you want to get the police involved, I would be fine to go to them and let them have the problem to deal with. Good luck getting any money back then ever. I've got nothing to hide. Bitcoin people are always believing conspiracy theories like us making money from interest or it being an inside job.

To be honest, interest payments would not cover our time investment for processing payments out. It is a net loss considering I'm worth $50+ per hour. I charge $200 per hour for consulting work, and here I am spending 20 mins at a time researching claims and answering emails for sums less than $10. Doing this for interest payments would be absolutely stupid. It takes a long time because it's complicated. We're paying people back because it's the right thing to do.
Vod
legendary
please STFU about the police, what do you want them to do? magically fixing the database, so that everyone can get there money? shoot genjix?

they can do absolutely nothing in this case, except messing things more up. so please STFU.

You STFU.   It's important for people to understand this was an inside job.

why is it important?

personally i dont care; i just want to have my money back (btw this thread is called "Payout update" not "find the hacker").

It's important because people are talking about trusting these scammers a second time.  And btw, the thread is called security investigation as well.

Your post is so incredibly selfish... you don't care how many coins they steal from others as long as YOU are made whole.  Pathetic.
legendary
Activity: 1428
please STFU about the police, what do you want them to do? magically fixing the database, so that everyone can get there money? shoot genjix?

they can do absolutely nothing in this case, except messing things more up. so please STFU.

You STFU.   It's important for people to understand this was an inside job.

why is it important?

personally i dont care; i just want to have my money back (btw this thread is called "Payout update" not "find the hacker").
Vod
legendary

You STFU.   It's important for people to understand this was an inside job.

legendary
Activity: 2100
This is clearly unacceptable. After almost 2 months, 83% of people did not get back anything.
This is just after 15 people voting so lets see the picture once more people voted.

http://bit.ly/oqr6IR

But this is still INSANE
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
i agree with getting the ball rolling.

has any class action suits started yet?

Don't forget : the longer you wait the less chance you have to get your money back.

genjix, is the USD interest you guys are getting not enough to pay out everybody STILL ?

The claim / threat that if we guys file for legal action nobody will get anything back is BS by me.

Why would any company say that ? To avoid having to pay back 100%.

ATM it looks like nobody is getting any USD back, only BTC so I am like Huh

The USD also was stolen ? Some of this story really does not check out with me.
i agree with getting the ball rolling.

has any class action suits started yet?

Pages:
Jump to: