Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 30. (Read 156693 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 500
this is taking way to long can we get the ball rolling for legal action...
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
i had to use int explorer to view polls, i have voted.

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
please STFU about the police, what do you want them to do? magically fixing the database, so that everyone can get there money? shoot genjix?

they can do absolutely nothing in this case, except messing things more up. so please STFU.

RackSpace FAQ:

Q: If my data, stored on your servers, is compromised by a hacker, would you folks file a police report?

A: See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/payout-updates-bitcoinica-site-is-taken-offline-for-security-investigation-84042

Q: Seriously, if my data, stored on your servers, is compromised by a hacker, would you folks file a police report?

A: Seriously? Still see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/payout-updates-bitcoinica-site-is-taken-offline-for-security-investigation-84042

Q: Would you be so kind as to close my account?

A: Certainly, and go fuck yourself, for we don't need YOU!

I would like to see the above posted everywhere where RackSpace's current clients can view it. They need to be made aware of how secure their data ain't and, moreover, RackSpace won't file a police report, thus allowing future hackers to continue their nefarious practices. Perhaps, even, then somebody at RackSpace may shed some light on this episode if they're privy to do so.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
i do not see a poll on your link.

i should have known such hi interest rates were to good to be true. 

can someone tell me the status of my claim? i have the same user id here as i did on bitcoinica. thanks
legendary
Activity: 2100
i didnt have anything in bitcoins, i had a very very small short position and the rest in cash, over 99 percent was in usd.

has anyone got usd payments yet or just bitcoins?

when can i expect my money please?

I am in the same disappointed mindset. I just transferred some funds to bitcoinica after hearing that they got registered as a financial service, so I thought it would be good idea to diversify. Obviously I was wrong. And unfortunately I did not receive anything back depsite all the reassurances that the claim is accurate since weeks.

I am opening up two polls here to try and help the community to reveal the status of the situation, also potentially to take legal steps in case there is no progress.

Please vote: http://bit.ly/oqr6IR

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
please STFU about the police, what do you want them to do? magically fixing the database, so that everyone can get there money? shoot genjix?

they can do absolutely nothing in this case, except messing things more up. so please STFU.
I'll tell you what they can do. They can provide to a court that a report was filed, even if nothing happened with it for any reason. It somewhat shifts the onus onto the cops. This gives much weight when the court has some preponderance of evidence when they decide to file suit. But I guess if they aren't going to file suit even when they know who was responsible, then who gives a flying fuck.
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
LOL, no police report... is that real? I can't fathom why you wouldn't call police when that much money is involved.

Very fishy.

Simple - if you don't want the person to be caught, you don't ask the police to investigate.

This was an inside job. 
i didnt have anything in bitcoins, i had a very very small short position and the rest in cash, over 99 percent was in usd.

has anyone got usd payments yet or just bitcoins?

when can i expect my money please?

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
LOL, no police report... is that real? I can't fathom why you wouldn't call police when that much money is involved.

Very fishy.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Why no police report ?
This question is the most important. Bitcoinica really missed the boat on this one. Who gives a damn whether the cops know shit about Bitcoin. When you go to sue someone, having a police report is helpful even if they did nothing with it.
Activity: 518
Is it just me thinking : either this "hacker" is a total dumb idiot or it was an inside job ...

Why no "mass leak" crap released yet to cause huge panic ?

Why no database release to flood claim process full of bogus entries ?

Why is the "hacker" so "stupid" ?

Why no police report ?

Why has he not filled the claim process full of bogus claims since he has the databases and wants to do it for the "lulz" and destroy Bitcoinica and the chance of it being restarted ?

Seems dodgy to me ...

Happy to see people getting SOMETHING back but not happy about the "hacking" incident which still is ambiguous.
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
Got half of my coins, yay!  Cheesy

It is pretty sad when we say "yay" to getting 50% of our coins 2 months later...

True. But it would be even more sad if we lost em all.
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
Got half of my coins, yay!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1428
would be nice to know how many percent got their first 50% payout...
i just want to know when you start payout out the other 50% and when will you start to pay out usd?

btw. my last mail from genjix said that i was not fully verified (it seems they have two records from me in their database: one is correct the other one isn't). i received 50% btc payout; but dont know what my status is right now.
Activity: 63
Bitcoins Gold Silver
I believe there is reason to have some confidence now. You can still get your coins back if your hash wasn't found. I'm proof of that. I'm guessing if every single one of us writes to genjix there will be little time to actually work on the claims.

But how did you manually verify ?
vip
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
ninjarobot, thanks.

I think some of the biggest payments are being made soon (possibly today). It's just we wanted to be extra careful that there was no trivial oversights. For instance we could afford to mistakenly pay out $20 but not $30,000.

Evidence that people send does help, but it is not definitive. We use the evidence you send to try to find matches for you in our records. But if we don't have a record of it, then digital evidence is easily faked and does not mean much.

so if  the biggest payments are being made soon why havent i received any mail ?? can you give me the status of my claim..?
Activity: 532
At this point it looks like if your hash was not found all further communication will be ignored, and your funds will be spent on covering Bitcoinica's loss. Cry
Is there any reference for this, or is it just a FUD?

FUD - my hash was not found

and, as above, I realized I responded from my primary email address, not the one registered on my bitcoinica account - I did provide my otc gpg sig, and cc the mail - so YMMV.
Activity: 269
At this point it looks like if your hash was not found all further communication will be ignored, and your funds will be spent on covering Bitcoinica's loss. Cry
Is there any reference for this, or is it just a FUD?
Pages:
Jump to: