Pages:
Author

Topic: Peerbet.org - Play without house edge! - page 23. (Read 106577 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
December 31, 2012, 12:23:59 PM
Instant withdrawals temporarily disabled due to Blockchain.info Wallet outage. Sorry for the inconvenience!

UDP. Instant withdrawals have been re-enabled!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
December 29, 2012, 06:20:11 PM
I don't know how to do it on blockchain.info, but you can do it here:

http://brainwallet.org/#tx

Make sure the clientside js is legit, I don't know much about this site. The bitcoin protocol has a Raw tx API as well.
Until some trustworthy online wallet will not make this functionality understandable for the non-geek users it has no any sense. May be Blockchain.info will do, but I doubt IMHO.

Yep, that's true.
legendary
December 29, 2012, 12:30:07 PM
Now you can choose mBTC and µBTC as a currency!
legendary
December 28, 2012, 10:26:42 PM

Make sure the clientside js is legit, I don't know much about this site. The bitcoin protocol has a Raw tx API as well.
Until some trustworthy online wallet will not make this functionality understandable for the non-geek users it has no any sense. May be Blockchain.info will do, but I doubt IMHO.
December 28, 2012, 06:01:47 PM

legendary
December 28, 2012, 04:19:53 PM
Now you can click a button "Buy All" to instantly buy all remaining tickets in the raffle without opening it's page.

Bootstrap have been updated to the version 2.2.2. Please press F5 to refresh CSS file in your browser!

A method to get current user's raffle list have been added to the API.
December 27, 2012, 07:03:55 PM
honest bob, it is really interesting idea. Could you explain with more details (preferably with examples how to easily use Blockchain.info wallet for this)? Then I will certainly implement it!

I'll get into it when I get home, right now I'm traveling.
legendary
December 27, 2012, 11:47:44 AM
honest bob, it is really interesting idea. Could you explain with more details (preferably with examples how to easily use Blockchain.info wallet for this)? Then I will certainly implement it!
December 27, 2012, 11:27:19 AM
Is there an API in some online wallet for this?

I believe blockchain.info and brainwallet.org do.

Also I doubt this will be useful because you have to pay transaction fee for each bet, therefore almost nobody will make small bets.

Well then it won't be useful for small bets. You could make the same argument about the provably fair bets not being useful because they're not instant. But IMO small bets aren't useful in the first place. I'd rather pay transaction fee to the network than risk my coins in someone else's wallet (theoretically).

P.S. Provably fair games we offer don't require trust to the site at all, I don't understand what is a problem.

There is no problem, I don't particularly think you're going to run off with bitcoins lol. I'm just exploring an idea that I think is inline with the spirit of your website.

I disagree, though. I have to trust you to a) return my bitcoins when I ask (thanks for the insta withdrawal earlier btw Smiley ) and to b) have good security practices (I noticed that only .5 of my balance was in the hot wallet, props to that).

But, I'd rather not take those risks if I have the option. That's a part of what makes bitcoin great--putting the power back in the hands of individuals. Though I know that can only go so far and that trust is always a part of the equation.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that we've seen a lot of sites with "wallets" go sour, and this is an alternative.
legendary
December 27, 2012, 10:56:56 AM
Is there a feasible way of running 2-ticket (or more) raffles by having the users copy-paste signed transactions to each others addresses into the peerbet.org raffle page, and let peerbet decide which one to submit to the network? Is the amount/recipient's address verifiable from the signed tx? This way, your site would require less trust. You would only have the option of being a man-in-the-middle by changing the user's address to your own. Make sense?
Is there an API in some online wallet for this?

Also I doubt this will be useful because you have to pay transaction fee for each bet, therefore almost nobody will make small bets.

P.S. Provably fair games we offer don't require trust to the site at all, I don't understand what is a problem.
December 27, 2012, 09:12:03 AM
I was thinking... I know this would take way more time than it's worth to you, but it's an interesting idea...

Is there a feasible way of running 2-ticket (or more) raffles by having the users copy-paste signed transactions to each others addresses into the peerbet.org raffle page, and let peerbet decide which one to submit to the network? Is the amount/recipient's address verifiable from the signed tx? This way, your site would require less trust. You would only have the option of being a man-in-the-middle by changing the user's address to your own. Make sense?

Edit: looks like it's doable, see
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Protocol_specification#Transaction_Verification
legendary
December 26, 2012, 10:30:48 PM
A page with detailed history about all games ever completed have been added!

https://peerbet.org/history.php
legendary
December 26, 2012, 02:56:51 PM
Oh, number of games becomes too much Wink! Just now increased number of entries in the active raffle list to 30. Do you like it?
Also added filtering by completion percent.

legendary
December 25, 2012, 09:51:45 PM
The game goes towards high stakes! Someone just deposited 25 BTC!
legendary
December 25, 2012, 12:27:25 PM
Instant withdrawals available!
legendary
December 24, 2012, 02:17:39 PM
We have started giving away free promo credits on the Daily Bitcoins! Don't miss you fortune!

Meanwhile, seems that Peerbet became the first gambling site with POSITIVE expected value for the players!
legendary
December 23, 2012, 11:15:19 AM
API for the developers available! We will be very happy if someone would create mobile apps!

This is impressive, but you cut way down on your ad profits when you become less like a website and more like a protocol (think twitter, pre-ad-tweet). Just a thought.
Anyway, I will be able so send sponsored messages in the chat like Twitter does.
December 23, 2012, 06:43:41 AM
API for the developers available! We will be very happy if someone would create mobile apps!

This is impressive, but you cut way down on your ad profits when you become less like a website and more like a protocol (think twitter, pre-ad-tweet). Just a thought.
legendary
December 22, 2012, 10:16:54 PM
legendary
December 21, 2012, 08:53:29 PM
I have started development of the Texas Holdem software based on HTML5. It will be the first rake-free poker room! Stay tuned!

There is a game poker players play called "flipping". Basically they agree to go "all in" pre-flop regardless of their hand. So long term this is a 0ev game minus rake, but the problem is you have to trust all parties and eventually someone comes and ruins the game by waiting for a good hand. So maybe try to make a game like that? This way you don't have to worry about collusion and bots.

edit

here's a youtube clip of phil ivey and ziigmund flipping for 200k pots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk1ZHh9gER4
I got many feature requests for the existing Peerbet games (API for mobile apps, more detailed stats etc), so I will focus on them in nearest time.

Also I see no sense in these "flipping" games and will try to implement full-featured Texas Holdem when have more free time.
Pages:
Jump to: