Pages:
Author

Topic: Peerbet.org - Play without house edge! - page 20. (Read 106577 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
February 24, 2013, 04:57:22 AM
Where can I report bug on website? I tried "Contact us" link on website, but it always gives me "Wrong security code" message.
I guess, I will post it here.

I changed my setting to use mBTC instead of BTC. But when I'm creating new raffle, when I enter 1 into field "Single ticket price" it counts with it as 1000mBTC.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
February 23, 2013, 06:19:08 PM
Some users don't like dark theme so we made possible to set light theme in the profile settings.
legendary
February 23, 2013, 01:35:55 PM
Peerbet website's theme have been updated, I hope you will like it Wink

P.S. If you see some broken layout please press F5.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 03:00:58 PM
I have no idea how the site works, what I am betting on, how to win, etc. Am I the only one just looking at this site and saying "Ummmm"?
If you ever played raffle you have to know how it works.

Brief description: you can create (or choose from the list) a raffle with given number of tickets and ticket price. All tickets have the same price and the same winning odds. For example, if there are 100 tickets in the raffle 0.01 BTC each, you buy 30 so you have 30% odds, must pay 0.3 BTC and if lucky get whole prize 1 BTC earning 0.7 BTC.

On the "Play now" page there is detailed description under the link "How to play?".
Step 1. Select a raffle to play from the list or create your own. Use the filter to find raffles with the desired prize value and winning odds. Progress bar shows the ratio of the tickets sold already to the total number of tickets in the raffle.
Step 2. Buy desired number of tickets. Your winning odds are equal to the number of your tickets divided by the total number of tickets in the raffle.
Step 3. When all tickets are sold out, we will pick the number of the winning ticket. If you hold the winning ticket, you will receive 100% of the prize value.
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
February 20, 2013, 02:51:08 PM
I have no idea how the site works, what I am betting on, how to win, etc. Am I the only one just looking at this site and saying "Ummmm"?
legendary
February 20, 2013, 01:05:32 PM
It cannot be noticed by number of impressions. Having a warning next to the link would be a lot more informative.
It can be noticed if you look in the profile on Operation Fabulous. BTW, I update ads almost every day so this warning text have little sense.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2013, 12:59:56 PM
Say that in the advertise page (https://peerbet.org/advertise.php), then. That would have avoided all my rage  Wink
It can already be noticed by number of impressions, which is available on each ad slot profile page. In fact, number of impressions doubled last few days (I think due to mobile app promotion), so adding extra ad in rotation haven't worsened conditions for the existing advertiser who made bid on this OF slot.
It cannot be noticed by number of impressions. Having a warning next to the link would be a lot more informative.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 12:53:50 PM
Say that in the advertise page (https://peerbet.org/advertise.php), then. That would have avoided all my rage  Wink
It can already be noticed by number of impressions, which is available on each ad slot profile page. In fact, number of impressions doubled last few days (I think due to mobile app promotion), so adding extra ad in rotation haven't worsened conditions for the existing advertiser who made bid on this OF slot.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 12:10:37 PM
You can't just remove the damn OperationFabulous ads and leave the bid active! At-least cancel the bid before doing that!
Where do you see I have removed OF ads? If you are telling about 160x600px banner on the left in raffle list, I have added second ad in rotation, i.e. 50% of time OF ad shown, other 50% - custom ad.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 11:59:51 AM
You can't just remove the damn OperationFabulous ads and leave the bid active! At-least cancel the bid before doing that!
Where do you see I have removed OF ads? If you are telling about 160x600px banner on the left in raffle list, I have added second ad in rotation, i.e. 50% of time OF ad shown, other 50% - custom ad.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 07:12:47 AM
legendary
February 19, 2013, 11:37:36 PM
We have made available raffle pages for the unregistered users. Now you can post links to them in any place like your blog. An example https://t.co/Qvfk4gDC.
legendary
February 19, 2013, 01:15:09 AM
We still looking for a designer to customize Bootstrap theme. Reward raised to 1 BTC!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/looking-for-a-designer-to-customize-bootstrap-theme-144550
legendary
February 18, 2013, 04:39:34 PM
Peerbet Android app now available to the wider audience from official page!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 17, 2013, 01:27:53 PM
I am just playing around a bit, but wrote a "Martingale" bot for PeerBet.  I use quotes because given nature of PeerBet it is a little hard to keep in the form of true Martingale (but given how poor that strategy can be, maybe that is a good thing).

I haven't finalized it, but the source is available here -> https://github.com/dwmcqueen/pbmartingale

It currently works (in that it runs and places bets).  Any developers out there that want to improve it - feel free.  Note that it also has a simple wrap-around API for PeerBet that may be helpful to anyone else doing development.

If helpful, I welcome any donations to 1FcznMjGBFxD9YvcFfMCVbhkkKYSACCNcP
legendary
February 16, 2013, 06:32:37 PM
We are looking for a professional designer to customize Twitter Bootstrap theme.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/looking-for-a-designer-to-customize-bootstrap-theme-144550
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 12, 2013, 10:26:52 AM
I want to thank giantdragon for this and for the development API (as well as for responding to my emails about small small issues I had).

I have created a C# class / project to wrap around the PeerBet API (which is quite nice API - thanks!).   If anyone is interested in this (and in helping to improve it - PM me.  I'll be getting the class up on GitHub soon, but so far it seems to work quite nice and I have automated my betting.
legendary
February 11, 2013, 12:26:51 AM
Android app is complete for about 80%. I decided to add tabs for navigation, take a look at new screenshot!

legendary
February 08, 2013, 06:31:31 PM
Android app is in active development, created new dialogs. Suggestions are welcome!

legendary
February 06, 2013, 02:40:33 PM
When you create new raffle a suggestion box will be displayed, so you can choose to match other players' bets instead of hosting own game. Suggestion list is being ordered by relevancy to the winning odds and bet amount you wishing to have (calculated based on the values "Number of tickets", "Single ticket price" and "Buy tickets" you have to enter to see it).

If you don't see this box, press F5 on the "Play now" page.

Pages:
Jump to: