Pages:
Author

Topic: People Are Just Too Stupid to Use Bitcoin Right Now - page 13. (Read 13434 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 520
We cannot call it as an stupidity as everyone is earning to spend it, and if they are satisfied with current price and they are spending then I don't think there is anything wrong in it.

Yeah it's really what they want to do in the end because if they're happy why does it really matter if they use btc or not?
well it would be way better to be honest because bitcoin would definitely grow more and it would grow much faster than it is growing right now, i hope more people will use it soon

people arent too stupid to use bitcoins in my opinion they are just afraid that they might face some law problems and they dont like to get such things, i think that bitcoin dont make such problems

I don't think there is any problem in using bitcoin and if you are scared to transfer it to your bank account for the reason of taxes then I think you can easily sell it for cash to avoid bank transactions.
It all depends on how risky you want to be and how much you're willing to try and sneak through your tax form, or keep from anyone knowing of at all.

I don't know why someone would be scared to transfer their funds to a bank account once they exchange their Bitcoin for fiat, unless they live in a Bitcoin-hostile country. Most countries are fine with bitcoin overall, and I'm not sure why there'd be an issue.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
We cannot call it as an stupidity as everyone is earning to spend it, and if they are satisfied with current price and they are spending then I don't think there is anything wrong in it.

Yeah it's really what they want to do in the end because if they're happy why does it really matter if they use btc or not?
well it would be way better to be honest because bitcoin would definitely grow more and it would grow much faster than it is growing right now, i hope more people will use it soon

people arent too stupid to use bitcoins in my opinion they are just afraid that they might face some law problems and they dont like to get such things, i think that bitcoin dont make such problems

I don't think there is any problem in using bitcoin and if you are scared to transfer it to your bank account for the reason of taxes then I think you can easily sell it for cash to avoid bank transactions.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

I think that is one point of view, and it doesnt affect me at all, the thing is, how can we push Bitcoin if we are not to use all it's functions?  The writer thinks that since BTC is in infancy stage, the price will skyrocket once it is adopted by every people.  But the question is, how can it be adopted if you are to store it under your basement?  Some might say, people are stupid on not taking advantage of Bitcoin feature. 
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Well, this time very many do not know how to use bitcoin but I guess that time will soon be over, with the acceptance of bitcoin in paypay someday, I think people will start to learn how to use and look for bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
i think you do not know about the useful of bitcoin that what is the useful of bitcoin, you will need to know about bitcoins you can search about bitcoin on internet.
bitcoin is very useful to be honest and i know that the price of the bitcoin is going to grow a lot

people are not too stupid at the moment because everyone knows that bitcoins are better than banks and thats it
Yeah bitcoin has a great potencial to grow in the future and more adoption will come and its very useful if we are looking for transferring money from other country bitcoin is the best because we can transfer our money using bitcoin fast..
Activity: 389
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
i think you do not know about the useful of bitcoin that what is the useful of bitcoin, you will need to know about bitcoins you can search about bitcoin on internet.
bitcoin is very useful to be honest and i know that the price of the bitcoin is going to grow a lot

people are not too stupid at the moment because everyone knows that bitcoins are better than banks and thats it
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Nice article and I saw in the end link for reddit thread, that partially inspired editor to wrote this article. They have nice arguments for this headline, they talking about how much people understand banking system and where money come from generally.
People are not aware of btc yet in my opinion, they are full with doubts in this technology. Maybe stupid is hard word, someone used word ignorant and that is more suitable word in my opinion. People just don't know about things, but with time that will change I think. New generations are coming that knows much more about internet and technology. They will realize how btc can make things easier, and that will attract many young people.
Activity: 294
What incentive is there for a regular person to use Bitcoin at present? As far as I can tell somewhere around none. I wouldn't call a non user stupid when there's absolutely nothing to compel them to use it. It needs to become a no brainer.

I wouldn't call them dumb or smart due to the fact of it could and would be just arrogance if i did that while they're ignorant there is no reason to call them stupid, you really have to think about why they dont use it, most dont use it because they have no need for it and they dont need to gamble their funds in the stock market to maybe see some growth over a certain period of time.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
What incentive is there for a regular person to use Bitcoin at present? As far as I can tell somewhere around none. I wouldn't call a non user stupid when there's absolutely nothing to compel them to use it. It needs to become a no brainer.
Activity: 565
Merit: 316
I don't think that many people actually understand the concept of bitcoin or realise the potential of bitcoin either. However, there are plenty of "geek" out there who are willingly using bitcoin.

People are losing out, not us Tongue
Yes but I do think still most of the geeks yet know about bitcoins in my country and the thing is most of the traders and online workers do not know about bitcoin features but they treat it as a commodity to trade. They must be brainless to sell (use) bitcoins now itself.

That is true a lot of people know about btc in my country too and all you have to do is figure out why people are ignorant about it, mainly being that they're too lazy to learn about it not too stupid i would say.

Nobody is really stupid, just ignorant.

The situation with Bitcoin in these times really reminds me of the early nineties when I was on the Internet. The reaction I got from people when I mentioned I used the Internet was exactly the same as it is now, with BTC.

The only reaction I get is either total suprise that BTC is still around and being used or total disgust (have only heard negative mainstram stories).
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I don't think that many people actually understand the concept of bitcoin or realise the potential of bitcoin either. However, there are plenty of "geek" out there who are willingly using bitcoin.

Yes but I do think still most of the geeks yet know about bitcoins in my country and the thing is most of the traders and online workers do not know about bitcoin features but they treat it as a commodity to trade. They must be brainless to sell (use) bitcoins now itself.

That is true a lot of people know about btc in my country too and all you have to do is figure out why people are ignorant about it, mainly being that they're too lazy to learn about it not too stupid i would say.

Nobody is really stupid, just ignorant.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 605

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Defender of Bitcoin
Uhh.. for not technical person i honestly do understand that they have problems with the concept and the usage.
It's not like we are all software engineers right??

People don't have to be software engineers or have a degree in the IT field in order to use Bitcoin and understand how the Blockchain works. One can get a new wallet running and grasp the essential aspects of Bitcoin in 1 hour or so if they have the desire to actually learn new things. I guess older people will have problems figuring out new concepts but it's not like Bitcoin is super hard to get into.
Activity: 336
"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.

This is the whole article I read at cointelegraph

People are not stupid but I guess they just lack important information and absorption of what bitcoin is. Secondly many are afraid to use bitcoins because they lack knowledge. The best thing to do right now is to wait until cryptocurrency is being absorbed and accepted by the masses. Before that time comes well just purchase more bitcoins because when they realize what is bitcoin is they will purchase and it will lead to an increase price in bitcoin.
Activity: 336
This may or may not be true but this kind of attitude is not something that gets anyone anywhere. The argument should not be the fault of the (potential) users, but rather the product/companies that are trying to push a product that users don't understand.

Exactly, when something new comes to being it surely takes some time to be understood by people around the world, the same case is with bitcoin, though a lot of people have already understood and started using it but it is still a long way to go for bitcoin as the whole world is still unaware of such a technology, and at first when someone just hears about it then they would surely react like that until they don't totally understand the things behind it.
Why do you think people are just to stupid of using bitcoins these days that How do you think would people understand the bitcoin. How can we be to stupid to own bitcoins?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
I would not call people stupid cause of they, mostly of them, still don't use bitcoin or any other crypto currency. It's more because people bad informed about it and all the system of crypto currencies. That is the main problem. And I think another one is that sites where u can earn bitcoin by commenting or pressing a button or gambling, let's be honest, it all looks like some new type of pyramid.

Except no one is promising you anything if you would use bitcoin. And bitcoin is quite the opposite of a pyramid scheme from mathematical point of view.
Also you won't benefit from introduction new people to bitcoin. And bitcoin is decentralized so there is no central entity just people building an economy.

Only people who have no idea how bitcoin works can call it a pyramid/Ponzi scheme.
Pages:
Jump to: