Pages:
Author

Topic: People Are Just Too Stupid to Use Bitcoin Right Now - page 16. (Read 13434 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Do not use your Bitcoins right now if you want to make money I would wait if I was you. The Bitcoin price is slowly going up again and this is making Bitcoin active again.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
Just new here.
I'm one of old ones, I'm not afraid to use new technology and I don't think I'm too stupid to use it. But I have big questions about bitcoin and at this stage no answers. I think bitcoin is great idea and even a better one blockchain. Where can I ask such questions? Here? In another part of this forum?

Try going to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0 as asking newbie questions and answering them will be an off-topic here.

People are not stupid, they are scared of smth new to try. When i heard about bitcoin first time on my head was things like "lame, don't work, etc."
people dont like doing new things and are easily maniupalted by the media in the actions that they take. People are unwilling to learn new knowledge by themselves and would rather be led to beleive false fake info.

+1 to this. People hate to learn. They only listen to things that they want to hear. They will never believe you that you can earn money online by doing some work and earn bitcoin. And even if you get to believe them, they are most probably will not be interested at all.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
-snip-
This is off-topic. Create your own thread in the Beginners & Help section.

So please do ask your "big questions" here and I will read the answers with big interest because I see myself in a stage where I can't even formulate a proper question.
Stop 'promoting' off-topic replies.

Its really not that people are dumb,its the design that we have a need to follow the flock like sheep.
Humans are flawed by design. If you are aware of this, then you might already know where your place is. The question is when will the 'sheep flock' towards Bitcoin.
Activity: 2
Ok first one (easy): Bitcoin and blockchain are relaying on miners, so the miners must be rewarded for the "job" and expenses. As far as know the mining at this stage is for some people with big machines, lot of resources, etc. what is going to happen with time and the reward is getting smaller and smaller? And when it reaches the limit of bitcoin creation? Are the fees going to be "too expensive"?
I know  Wink are three questions but related to the same topic, more to come...
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
Just new here.
I'm one of old ones, I'm not afraid to use new technology and I don't think I'm too stupid to use it. But I have big questions about bitcoin and at this stage no answers. I think bitcoin is great idea and even a better one blockchain. Where can I ask such questions? Here? In another part of this forum?

I'm sure you'll find answers to most of your questions here on bitcointalk. So please do ask your "big questions" here and I will read the answers with big interest because I see myself in a stage where I can't even formulate a proper question.
Activity: 2
Just new here.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Its really not that people are dumb,its the design that we have a need to follow the flock like sheep. ...

The reason sheep flock is because it's life-affirming.
Sheep that stray may feel like they're lions, but that's just craziness. Straying didn't actually turn them into lions, Evildrum; they're still sheep.
Edgy, annoying sheep, sheep that will soon be torn limb from limb by real lions, or just get run over by a truck, but sheep nevertheless Sad

The thing you don't get about money is this: The more people use it, the more useful it is.
You can have the best money ever, but if you're the only one? It's one hundred percent *worthless*.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Its really not that people are dumb,its the design that we have a need to follow the flock like sheep. That is why riots are such a interesting aspect of humans,it brings out the group thought aspect that can scare any one walking toward a crazy mob.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.

This is the whole article I read at cointelegraph

People will always be dumb sheep.

The only thing you can do is dumb down bitcoin for them, and make it easy to understand as if you were dealing with 5 year olds.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
for those who are already familiar with paper money using bitcoin is stupid because you can't carry bitcoin on your pocket and might be i'm stupid to because using bitcoin but indirectly bitcoin are really help me from my financial side so i don't care if somebody told to me bitcoin users is stupid
they may know that studying, but I guess they do not care about bitcoin, and they may feel that if they have a dollar everything will be fine, because most of them do not know what is bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
for those who are already familiar with paper money using bitcoin is stupid because you can't carry bitcoin on your pocket and might be i'm stupid to because using bitcoin but indirectly bitcoin are really help me from my financial side so i don't care if somebody told to me bitcoin users is stupid
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Yeah I suggest you people to not use your bitcoins for gambling and other stuff. The price is now just rising slowly now so people are now looking for a opportunity to sell their coins.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
this is why i think we need paper btc reciepts/wallets
that people can see and touch

shop would just scan and transfer funds
(checking for any pending transactions etc. to validate)
then just print off the change on fresh paper wallet

this would make it easier for many to get introduced to btc

oh
and when trying to explain to someone why they should use bitcoin
dont waste your time trying to explain what bitcoin and blockchain is
or who you think satoshi is, or even your price predictions

just show them how to buy something first (except altcoins).
then do the rest
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
People are not stupid, they are scared of smth new to try. When i heard about bitcoin first time on my head was things like "lame, don't work, etc."
people dont like doing new things and are easily maniupalted by the media in the actions that they take. People are unwilling to learn new knowledge by themselves and would rather be led to beleive false fake info.
I think it's reasonable when you first hear about new things. then you're going to try to protect yourself. but if you want to find out what it bitcoin. I'm sure you will be convinced with bitcoin and immediately try it.
people are so lazy to find out what it bitcoin. so they have not been able to join and use bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Everyone has his own opinions, but i don't think that people are stupid to use the bitcoins. its all depending the people.

I also believe that people use Bitcoin in their own way. And they are free to do so as Bitcoin offers people the freedom to use it the way they want. Some people are only interested in earning as many coins as possible to have a nice bonus on top of their normal income. For this they don't have to know a lot about Bitcoin regarding using Bitcoin for other purposes. It's basically the most simple form of Bitcoin usage.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.

This is the whole article I read at cointelegraph
i think its make sense,nowdays are not too good and easy to use bitcoin,its have so many problem there,people and device problem is the main problem. and i not wonder if people on bar not care about crypto currency,they wont care about anything you talk about Grin
Activity: 52
It is not that stupid to use Bitcoin now around this time,

That's not the point of this thread whether bitcoin is stupid. It's that people are too stupid. I disagree. The biggest issue with the masses is bitcoin doesn't really offer them anything so why use it? Sure we could argue it's a good investment and there's money to be made but for those who bought in at 1000 dollars are still in a massive loss so it's not a risk free investment.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
It is not that stupid to use Bitcoin now around this time, because you can see that the value is now stable so it is not that bad but you have to wait indeed a long time for a price increase.
But the most people dont have the patience for it and than they will sell it too early.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
yeah they are not stupid, as you said people are afraid to invest in riskier things. if someone goes for trading without good experience there may be a chance to lose their money, this is true for gambling and some ponzi games.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Guys you have to admit that it is not really easy to buy BTC. After that you have to store your BTC's in a wallet and this isn't easy neither.

actually both of the things that you mentioned are super easy.
buying bitcoin is so easy these days with services like coinbase, circle, localbitcoins to buy locally, all these exchangers.

also storing bitcoin is easy, you don't need any bank or paperwork, you can just download one of the bitcoin wallets that suites your needs and store them easily in the smallest of spaces.
i don't know what part of storing bitcoin in a wallet is hard for you?

I think maybe he was talking about the fact that it is hard to understand what is the right way to buy and store bitcoins.  It can be confusing even when looking at all the different possible wallets and exchange sites that you could possibly end up using. 

Just know that when using bitcoin wallets and that sort of thing, you want to be in control of your private keys.  There will be certain web wallets that want you to sign in with an email or something of the sort and then you can access your wallet.  That's pretty sketchy, and if anything happens to the website (i.e. Xapo, Circle, Coinbase, etc. etc.) then your bitcoins go down with the site.  There are plenty of "good" wallets that allow you to control your private keys directly (i.e. breadwallet, mycellium, etc. etc.) and you can have them on your phone... then there are things you can do to go "tinfoil hat" secure by doing offline wallets and that sort of thing.  Point just being, that you want to control your private keys... usually if that's the case and either remember the key (or pneumonic seed) or just write it down somewhere, then you'll be fine.

As for exchanges... there are also a lot of options, and can be used with what you prefer to deal with.  If you're looking for super convenient... then coinbase or circle could be where you want to go (if you're located in the US).  If you want some anonymity, you can buy from other people directly through localbitcoins.  Also you might be lucky and find a Bitcoin ATM around you if you are located in a pretty big city.

Just research it for a little while and you'll find what things are best suited for you.
Pages:
Jump to: