Pages:
Author

Topic: People Are Just Too Stupid to Use Bitcoin Right Now - page 17. (Read 13434 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZEGJo43fObLP1GV
People are not stupid, they are scared of smth new to try. When i heard about bitcoin first time on my head was things like "lame, don't work, etc."
people dont like doing new things and are easily maniupalted by the media in the actions that they take. People are unwilling to learn new knowledge by themselves and would rather be led to beleive false fake info.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I believe those who are investing now can get a good reward after the readjustment that bitcoin will get till end the year soo its the moment to invest is now.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
People are not stupid, they are scared of smth new to try. When i heard about bitcoin first time on my head was things like "lame, don't work, etc."
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
But mainly due to the fact that their brain cant handle the stress of all the information it constantly receives.
I say that this is false. It is mainly due to the fact that being ignorant and lazy is easier.

And then there are others that don't trust the idea or concept of bitcoin. But then again, I guess that would fall under "too stupid to use bitcoin right now."
Correct. Bitcoin has proven itself to be working and currently unbreakable. Trusting the math behind it right now is no different than trusting that 2+2 = 4 (if one could phrase it this way). Besides, even if you'd explain the math to people, I'm certain that less than 1% would understand it.

now  technology already advanced here bitcoin took the role to facilitate people to make a good deal to buy an item or send money more quickly than using a bank
Your post does not make sense. How about punctuations?
Activity: 89
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZEGJo43fObLP1GV
Stupidity is only one factor... you have to add laziness into that too. The researchers and smart people determined that the average person in most developed countries, have

experienced a shorter attention span. {Some say, 20 minutes at most} This is because of too many external influences and also because people are bombarded by too much

information. {TV / Cellphones / Internet .... } They even adjusted the intervals for advertisements within TV programs to accommodate for that. So people are over stimulated

and this leads to a shorter attention span. If you want to explain Bitcoin to someone, you have to take that into consideration and have short breaks... We are now doing this

in our meetups, with great success. {Beer/smoke Breaks every 20 minutes}  Grin
This is true, this is a generation of people really unwilling to learn anything. But mainly due to the fact that their brain cant handle the stress of all the information it constantly receives.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Some people are too stupid to use bitcoin, sure. But not all. Some are just too lazy to take the time to figure out what it is, how to acquire it and how to use it.

I think there are others who feel like they've missed out on getting into bitcoin because they feel the price has gone to the heights it has and for whatever reason, they think that they can't afford to buy any significant amount now.

And then there are others that don't trust the idea or concept of bitcoin. But then again, I guess that would fall under "too stupid to use bitcoin right now."
Activity: 364
I consider this as a real problem but I think its not laying at the people honestly I think its also our own problem that we made, due to the fact we attracted friends/family but never really explained it good too them and I think we can because of that blame ourselves for it.
Activity: 770
Forza Roma
i kinda agree with this. if you ask people; what exactly is bitcoin? some of them answer with; i bought it because it will grow in the future and i will make a lot profit. if you ask them the same question again, but then more serious, they will admit that they don't know what it is. there are plenty of easy to understand 'how bitcoin works' and 'what is bitcoin' videos on youtube. just a simple search will be enough to find them.

Its true but in fact I think more than 20% do not even know how the bitcoin started and why it has been started.
I think if we could educate new people remotely and force them to know what the bitcoin is and why it is a currency and why its good, and not just for the halving it would be much better.

I even think the community will get a boost from this.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Wrong, by this logic it would mean that gold should be dead because no one uses gold as a currency, only as an investment, and the other use cases are anecdotal, most of the gold is keep hoarded as a safe haven to hedge against a collapsing fiat economy. In this sense, Bitcoin can reach trillion of dollars of marketcap by this usage alone. Of course, if it's used in everyday transactions, that's cool too.

Stop comparing Bitcoin to gold. Gold has thousands & thousands years of history on Bitcoin, that's some first-mover advantage. And gold supply is not randomly and artificially limited, as is the case with Bitcoin.
A far better analogy (both in essence and timeframe) is BTCeanie BTCabies: deliberately limited supply, impractical to use as money, were hoarded because "will maek me milionair!!!"

Gold is manipulated and most people own paper that tells them they have gold not actual physical bars.
Like it or not gold will always be compared to bitcoin because there are similar aspects.
>Gold is manipulated
Unlike Bitcoin Roll Eyes

>most people own paper gold, not actual physical bars
Never suggested otherwise. What difference does that make?

>gold [& BTC have] similar aspects.
Sure. So do dogs and pencil sharpeners, they're both things.
My point's BTC & BTCeanie BTCabies have *more* in common than BTC & gold.
Activity: 518
now  technology already advanced here bitcoin took the role to facilitate people to make a good deal to buy an item or send money more quickly than using a bank
Activity: 84
Wrong, by this logic it would mean that gold should be dead because no one uses gold as a currency, only as an investment, and the other use cases are anecdotal, most of the gold is keep hoarded as a safe haven to hedge against a collapsing fiat economy. In this sense, Bitcoin can reach trillion of dollars of marketcap by this usage alone. Of course, if it's used in everyday transactions, that's cool too.

Stop comparing Bitcoin to gold. Gold has thousands & thousands years of history on Bitcoin, that's some first-mover advantage. And gold supply is not randomly and artificially limited, as is the case with Bitcoin.
A far better analogy (both in essence and timeframe) is BTCeanie BTCabies: deliberately limited supply, impractical to use as money, were hoarded because "will maek me milionair!!!"

Gold is manipulated and most people own paper that tells them they have gold not actual physical bars.
Like it or not gold will always be compared to bitcoin because there are similar aspects.
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
Well some people just don't have the need to use Bitcoin as a payment method because they are happy with their banking service. I mean most of the Bitcoin users are mainly into Bitcoin because of its long-term value as an investment vehicle whatsoever.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
i kinda agree with this. if you ask people; what exactly is bitcoin? some of them answer with; i bought it because it will grow in the future and i will make a lot profit. if you ask them the same question again, but then more serious, they will admit that they don't know what it is. there are plenty of easy to understand 'how bitcoin works' and 'what is bitcoin' videos on youtube. just a simple search will be enough to find them.

People are too lazy to search for information about how Bitcoin works.

They just know enough to farm faucets and cash it all out to fiat, and that's enough for them.

If they at some point get seriously interested in Bitcoin, then they most likely will start to search for information.
even though they knew it, are they really want to adopted bitcoin? there are lot of negative rumors about bitcoin out there,so that they peoples will be scared to invest their money on bitcoin, but only for transaction i think they're will not complain

i agree, on top of all the bitcoin being new technology and people being lazy to change, all these bad publicity that the media has been making for bitcoin has been hurtful and kept bitcoin from being more adopted that this.
Activity: 448
This is just not the time to be spending your bitcoins. The price is changing and it is going up. You should save your bitcoins right now at wait for the price to go up even more. Then you could sell.
Activity: 271
No that is not true, you can see that Bitcoin is good to use and that there are a lot of people that loves to use Bitcoin because it will be the next generation payment method.
And I understand that because it works also easily and that is nice.
Activity: 560
Well bitcoin must be spend otherwise there is no meaning to have something that wont spend.I believe this is a good moment to start some projects,as the price should go up soo you will be getting bitcoin for a cheap ammount .
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
It's bitcoin's job to accommodate people like that. They're not gonna change or educate themselves. If bitcoin can't adapt to them then it's not going anywhere.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I think they do not like to change and eventually they do quarrel that is not useful, but I have hopes that each of them could understand clearly about Bitcoin and not taking directly from the talk of someone who just gave the statement is not true. I've heard that there is talk that Bitcoin is a field for the mafia and used for illegal transactions.
Activity: 742

People are too lazy to search for information about how Bitcoin works.

They just know enough to farm faucets and cash it all out to fiat, and that's enough for them.

If they at some point get seriously interested in Bitcoin, then they most likely will start to search for information.
even though they knew it, are they really want to adopted bitcoin? there are lot of negative rumors about bitcoin out there,so that they peoples will be scared to invest their money on bitcoin, but only for transaction i think they're will not complain
Activity: 714
I do not think they are stupid, I think its more that they are scared of the bitcoin they are scared that the bitcoin is gonna collapse or something.
Although a part is also thinking its difficult if they are using it they understand it pretty fast and every piece is than falling in the right hole.
Pages:
Jump to: