Pages:
Author

Topic: Petition to remove Wasabi from recommendations of bitcoin.org - page 14. (Read 2983 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Bitcoin.org is a great place for people to get good information about BTC, but it isn't BTC's "official" website, because BTC is decentralized, there is no official website or place of information where you can be 100% certain that the info you get is directly from the BTC network, it's not possible because there is no central authority.

The admin of bitcoin.org is surely aware of Wasabi's latest mess and censorship, and if they decide to make a change it will be up to them, there's no need to email them in my honest opinion. People should do extra research about the wallet they want to use, it does not matter where they got the recommendation from, they should read up about the wallet, how they operate and their latest implementations before using it.

Actually, it's they may or may not reading here and Reddit and twitter where it is being discussed. Could be 1000 reasons why we hear know about what they are doing but the bi7coin.org web people do not.

But, there is no reason for them not to list the wallet. It's no more or less of a choice for someone to use it without getting all the details as it is for them to use any other particular wallet.

If you're not using the coin joins you would never even know or care. As a wallet, it works. And it's probably secure. Anything beyond that it's really not their concern because they are telling you about what wallets are available not necessarily if the features the wallet is talking about are done well for the user. So long as they are not stealing your money like others wallets I have no issue with it staying there. With that being said, I would *never* ever use it.

-Dave
Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
Bitcoin.org is a great place for people to get good information about BTC wallets, but it isn't BTC's "official" website. Because BTC is decentralized, there is no official website or place of information where you can be 100% certain that the info you get is directly from the BTC network, it's not possible because there is no central authority.

The admin of bitcoin.org is surely aware of Wasabi's latest mess and censorship, and if they decide to make a change it will be up to them, there's no need to email them in my honest opinion. People should do extra research about the wallet they want to use, it does not matter where they got the recommendation from, they should read up about the wallet, how they operate and their latest implementations before using it.
Activity: 267
Merit: 268
Wasabi team has announced the default coordinator will implement blacklisting in coinjoin[1], and will refuse to let some coins from being mixed, which completely goes against the fungibility they argue they enhance[2] and to the privacy being preserved at all times as they represent[3].  Due to this update, I find it very hypocritical of them to believe they are the ultimate solution to Bitcoin's privacy issues, while partnering with people who go against the fundamentals of privacy and fungibility in the first place. 

Wasabi is recommended in bitcoin.org[4], the place where every beginner learns the first steps to start their Bitcoin journey.  I think that, in such crucial place, presenting Wasabi as privacy-focused and completely transparent project is wrong and should be not be recommended.

In this topic, I would like to gather petitions so we can send an email to Cobra (the bitcoin.org administrator) and explain our reasoning.

[1] https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/zksnacks-blacklisting-update/
[2], [3] https://zksnacks.com/
[4] https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/desktop/linux/wasabi/?step=5&platform=linux
Pages:
Jump to: