Pages:
Author

Topic: [Photo] First of 2013 Casascius Silver Coins Now Available For Sale - page 3. (Read 15863 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
How many of these .1 will be for sale in this run?

Also I would not mind doing a group buy for North America and doing it at cost. I think I will want three or them.

Thanks.

How exactly does one host a group buy? Is it simply a, gather buyers, get the coins in one wallet, purchase, wait for them to arrive, and re-distribute? I hope someone runs one in the EU, otherwise I possilbly could.

Hey! I'm already reselling Casascius coins in Europe, you will find all coins unless 0.1btc new ones. You just need to check my shop in Bitmit -> https://www.bitmit.net/user/BitAddict
I'm sending from Spain, so if you live in Europe you won't have any extra charge for tax, and deliver will be faster. All my coins incluide free capsule.

Cheers!

Ah, right, that's nice, but you sadly don't have the 0.1 ones that I'd want. I wonder if there'll be a group buy soon. (I'd be too worried about taxes 'n all to do it myself)
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Also, just keeping this on the radar:

Hi Mike,

No doubt you're busy these days -- can we get an estimate as to when you'll have the time to provide signed docs?

I'd love to have my personal PGP fingerprint included in the message as well, as this would help create a chain of custody for the coins.

Yeah, I still have it on the radar.  We're gettin' there.

That's good to know, thanks in advance for doing this, Mike. I would love to be able to offer chain of custody proof to my buyers of the 0.5 BTC brass coins. Sales have plummeted since the "hack" was publicized.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

Hi Mike,

No doubt you're busy these days -- can we get an estimate as to when you'll have the time to provide signed docs?

I'd love to have my personal PGP fingerprint included in the message as well, as this would help create a chain of custody for the coins.

Yeah, I still have it on the radar.  We're gettin' there.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501

Also I would not mind doing a group buy for North America and doing it at cost. I think I will want three or them.

Thanks.

I would be interested in a group buy if you do decide to do one!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
Those do look really nice. Would love to see some close-up pictures.

Hi Mike,

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Those 0.1's do look pretty nice  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

Thanks.

How exactly does one host a group buy? Is it simply a, gather buyers, get the coins in one wallet, purchase, wait for them to arrive, and re-distribute? I hope someone runs one in the EU, otherwise I possilbly could.

Hey! I'm already reselling Casascius coins in Europe, you will find all coins unless 0.1btc new ones. You just need to check my shop in Bitmit -> https://www.bitmit.net/user/BitAddict
I'm sending from Spain, so if you live in Europe you won't have any extra charge for tax, and deliver will be faster. All my coins incluide free capsule.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!

Thanks.

don't forget possible VAT and customs! They are often forgotten by managers of group buys.
Indaad, basically just open a topic, gather buyes and funds, make clear agreemenst and order Smiley

Thanks.

Any ETA on the 0.1's?

They are now online!  9 BTC for a roll of 20, and they turned out SWEET.

I also had a professional photographer come and take pictures of the whole set.  Assuming no copyright barriers, I'd love to include a burned CD of high quality imagery with future orders!  Until I get the full files of the shoot, here is a quick shot I took with my iPhone of one of the setups we did.

Awesome! I hope there'll be an EU group buy / EU reseller soon, I don't see any topics yet. Anyone know of one?
donator
+1

Price will drop like a brick on ebay...

I don't see how that would happen except if Mike sells much cheaper to resellers (or does the auction thing again).
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Any ETA on the 0.1's?

I also had a professional photographer come and take pictures of the whole set.  Assuming no copyright barriers, I'd love to include a burned CD of high quality imagery with future orders!  Until I get the full files of the shoot, here is a quick shot I took with my iPhone of one of the setups we did.

(picture of shiny packaging justifying 450% markup removed)

So I can pay you 0.45 BTC to receive 0.1 BTC in shiny packaging?  I thought that kind of greedy markup only took place with ASIC mining hardware.

That must have been a hell of a photographer!
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
Any ETA on the 0.1's?

[SWEET pics of silver coins]

sweet or not, that price tag is ridiculous

+1

If they'd come with least 0.25 BTC (for the same price) I'd get a roll... I guess I have to stick to paperwallets and bullion silver.
Activity: 496
sweet or not, that price tag is ridiculous: BTC 0.45 a piece.

silver value: ~ 0.03 BTC = 6.7% of price
bitcoin value: ~ 0.1 BTC = 22.2% of price
markup: ~ 0.32 BTC = 71.1% of price

So the value you get by "recycling" the coin is roughly 29% of the price (even worse considering reseller pricing will have to be yet a bit higher and also shipping).

This percentage used to be close to or above 80%.

I was truly looking forward to reselling these coins, but frankly, Mike: that markup is preposterous and I'm going to have to let that business opportunity (if it is one to speak of at all) slip by.

The 1/2 oz coins are ~48% (0.56/1.17) and the 1 oz coins are only ~64% (1.12/1.75). So while I agree the markup on these is higher, I don't think it's too far out of line with the others. It makes sense to me that smaller coins would have higher markup.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Any ETA on the 0.1's?

So the value you get by "recycling" the coin is roughly 29% of the price (even worse considering reseller pricing will have to be yet a bit higher and also shipping).

I was truly looking forward to reselling these coins, but frankly, Mike: that markup is preposterous and I'm going to have to let that business opportunity (if it is one to speak of at all) slip by.

+1

Price will drop like a brick on ebay...
donator
Any ETA on the 0.1's?

vip
Any ETA on the 0.1's?

I also had a professional photographer come and take pictures of the whole set.  Assuming no copyright barriers, I'd love to include a burned CD of high quality imagery with future orders!  Until I get the full files of the shoot, here is a quick shot I took with my iPhone of one of the setups we did.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Any ETA on the 0.1's?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
I can also digitally sign PDF, which Adobe Acrobat will recognize and validate without any hassle to the user.  May come in handy.  Though it's a paid hardware signing module that is not really that suitable for signing batches of documents in bulk, it remains an option for one-off requests.

I'm not too familiar with PDF signing, but that sounds like it would be more accessible to non-technical people. Would it be too much of a reach to generate a PGP-signed message and have that placed into a signed PDF?

I'd be more than happy with one signed document per roll, listing the coins contained therein. I can envision silkscreening some nice certificates of authenticity with the PGP-signed messages, reminiscent of old 19th century bearer bonds Cheesy

Given that the final count of 0.5s with series 2 holograms is apparently only 45(!), I'm quite eager to get the "stamp of approval" on them!

I could secondarily PGP-sign the entire (Adobe-signed) PDF file as a binary (creating a separate signature file that GPG recognizes)

Signing PDFs also allows for easy signing of the embedded photos.  I have scanned all of the silver coins and most of the recent brass coins.

Hi Mike,

vip
Looks like the first silver coin has been opened

https://blockchain.info/tx/72bec59c7649d4527d8d7848ebc36840c89f5d36d18db9a91afd34d800826722

1Ag1wRihz2sw7LCeJSeaTJW34EP1o1XPNV https://blockchain.info/address/1Ag1wRihz2sw7LCeJSeaTJW34EP1o1XPNV

It looks like it was sent to a similar address, so might have been Casascius himself

Yep, that was indeed me.  I created a transaction that moved the funds directly from a gravity-damaged coin to its replacement.
Pages:
Jump to: