Pages:
Author

Topic: [Photo] First of 2013 Casascius Silver Coins Now Available For Sale - page 5. (Read 15863 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
Anyone have a hi-res photo of the 0.5oz round?

Sort of high res: http://imgur.com/a/v79PP

Right, sorry, it was early and I was tired  Cool
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
legendary
Anyone have a hi-res photo of the 0.5oz round?
Hi - I might have missed something but it looks like you have these the wrong way round (I would expect the 1oz coin to require the 39mm case and the half to require the 30mm).

You are correct, I did have them backwards. Further, I've noticed that the 1/2 oz coins are slightly too thick to completely fit into the snap fit cases I mentioned.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
What size Air-Tite cases do these fit in?

The ounce coins fit in #1020 Air-Tite T30.6mm DF, the half ounce coins fit in #1050 Air-Tite H39mm DF. The half ouncers are a little loose, but not enough to move around unless a decent amount of force is used.

Pictures.

Hi - I might have missed something but it looks like you have these the wrong way round (I would expect the 1oz coin to require the 39mm case and the half to require the 30mm).

Also - if anyone is interested in the alternative case style with the inner foam ring, i think the 1 oz coins should fit the X39 on this page: http://www.air-tites.com/Air-Tite_Ring_Type_Coin_Holders_1.htm#X6

Note - i have not yet verified that these fit, but will do once received.

Coin dimensions are listed in the pricing table on Casascius page here: https://www.casascius.com/

Mike - if you have used these it would be great if you could confirm...
legendary
Anyone deciphered the binary on the new issues?

Yes, start with the outside ring and work your way inward.

I couldn't get the picture link to work Sad

Me either, although it was working earlier today. FWIW, they looked pretty.  Smiley

I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to an album so I made a new one: http://imgur.com/a/v79PP
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
I'm still waiting for the 0.1s, so I can make one large order  Cry

legendary

Me either, although it was working earlier today. FWIW, they looked pretty.  Smiley
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

The ounce coins fit in #1020 Air-Tite T30.6mm DF, the half ounce coins fit in #1050 Air-Tite H39mm DF. The half ouncers are a little loose, but not enough to move around unless a decent amount of force is used.

Pictures!

I think 30mm is the right size, I ordered some 30mm capsules myself and will know for sure soon.

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
got mine yesterday, love them.
vip
Update on silver coins posted to my blog:

http://casascius.wordpress.com

I've also sent out a quick e-mail to just about everyone with a pending order, advising of order-specific status.

The half ounce coins fit in #1020 Air-Tite T30.6mm DF, the ounce coins fit in #1050 Air-Tite H39mm DF. The half ouncers are a little loose, but not enough to move around unless a decent amount of force is used.

Pictures.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Thanks for the update Mike.
vip
Any updates on orders?

Thx

The first shipments were prepared yesterday and are going out today.

Half-ounce coins: have produced enough to cover all orders so far - unless you have requested the old sticker, then I'll need a couple more days.  So far, 29 rolls have been sold.
Full-ounce coins: still working on these.  22 rolls have been sold: 4 are ready to go and are shipping in orders, another 9 are nearly done (one more laser step before they're ready to ship, and some of these will go out today), and the other 9 still need to be stickered.  These took some extra time: my 1BTC sticker doesn't quite fit, so I added an effect with the laser machine that adds a gold sparkle "trim" to the sticker by melting the edge, which also has the fortunate side effect of making the sticker smaller and therefore fit.  Programming the laser machine, tweaking the program, and making the tooling for this to happen set me back for time a bit.

Also have done an engraving batch of custom 2-factor bars yesterday, so if you're waiting on one of these, they'll be going out today as well.
Activity: 238
KUPO!
these look truly amazing :-D
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
I have one-ounce 1BTC coins in the works, as well as 0.1BTC silver coins (7.5g).

Still waiting for the 0.1s, any update?
Activity: 124
Anyone deciphered the binary on the new issues?
vip
Casascius has been sending unfunded coins for a long time now, for the simple reason that there is a risk of theft in mail - a risk much higher than Casascius being randomly killed.

no, the reason is import tax and customs fees and stuff. He will fund the coins even if they get stolen.

If USPS or FedEx certifies they actually lost a shipment in transit that I sent (a privilege I reserve exclusively for things I personally ship) then I will not make the buyer eat it. With the premium shipping options I offer, this is sometimes/usually possible. With Registered Mail in the US it is practically guaranteed.  Note that it only applies when they actually know they lost it and certify it in writing as part of their claims process, and not just when the tracking fails to say delivered.

I have only had this happen once before - USPS certified a shipment was lost - and then 3 months later it actually came back to me as "unclaimed". But I replaced that order.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Casascius has been sending unfunded coins for a long time now, for the simple reason that there is a risk of theft in mail - a risk much higher than Casascius being randomly killed. Really it's to protect the buyer - how would you feel if your coin arrived opened and drained, or not at all?  You think Casascius wants to deal with people demanding their bitcoins back because of mail theft when it's easy and secure to fund the coins on arrival?

In any case, it's a non-issue as these foreign buyers just want a different invoice so they have to pay less VATS.

Fair shout; I have more trust in Casascius than I do in FedEx or the mail system in general.  This is my first large (well large by my standards) purchase with bitcoin, so just feeling a little skittish. I don't intend on redeeming the coins for at least a decade, so a slight delay in funding isn't really a big deal.  I do plan on using them to help explain bitcoin to some people that are interested but have reservations due to the lack of it being tangible.

Actually you can tell Mike to fund the coins at any time as far as I know. Even before the package arrives.
Pages:
Jump to: