Pages:
Author

Topic: [Photo] First of 2013 Casascius Silver Coins Now Available For Sale - page 7. (Read 15863 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
I don't see a gold coin listed but I'll bet the gold plated BTC25 coin would work.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Mike

I already have some of your aluminum coins from a group buy but would like something more substantial to carry around to show friends. I know that silver coins (as opposed to sterling silver) tarnish (develop patina) pretty significantly.  In your opinion which Casascius bitcoin will stay the shiniest the longest when exposed to air?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
just placed an order with you, mike.
noticed the substancial (!) premium over silver. phew!

anyways. also ordering with you if you're ready, smoothie.

Please share you customs experience with us. You probably have other experience importing silver to germany... can you share it?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Mike,

I was initially not going to re-sell these because of the hefty premium. But demand is there and customer is king, so we (jalaman and I) will probably do pre-orders.

Since import VAT tax of 19% will have to be payed by us on import (we will get it back later) it would greatly simplify things at customs if it was possible to do the following.

(Background: customs officials have to value the product coming in and tax it. On my last import of brass coins I had a really hard time explaining no bitcoins were yet loaded (the lady even looked up the bitcoin exchange rate and wanted me to pay 19% based on that valuation. your info card helped a lot!!!) and arguing the value of the brass coins. The customs lady kept asking for a bill or payment receipt. The customs form you filled out isn't really a reliable source for them at all (as you could put anything there)).

Split the payment in 2 parts:

• 1 for the silver value plus a slight premium. Use bitpay or paypal for this part so I end up with a bill stating USD amount payed. State that same amount as value in the customs declaration.
  • 1 for the BTC to be loaded plus the remainder of the premium. Depending on wether we do this using our company, we'd also need a bill with USD amount for this part.

In addition it would be great if we could do "deferred loading" (load only when coin is in the hands of end-customer) to ease customs hassle and potential VAT to be payed by end-customer.

I hope you can consider this.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Yeah, but how is the spelling?   Wink
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Great count me in!  Smiley
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Do you know how many 0.1 you will have in a roll?
legendary
Activity: 2231
Merit: 1057
these look fantastic, also placed my order.

wondering when the silver spot hunters will appear to discuss the current troy ounce cost.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
just placed an order with you, mike.
noticed the substancial (!) premium over silver. phew!

anyways. also ordering with you if you're ready, smoothie.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Just made an order.

Mike, do your new coins all come individually packaged in air-tight capsules?

I'll send the one-ounce singles in airtites.

The half ounce singles, I will have to either get some airtites or rings, or make some rings (my laser machine can probably make them...done it before)

Thanks for your order BTW, and I'll definitely be ordering some of yours.  (It'll be the only Litecoins I'll probably own)

I have the rings. Just ship them and the air-tights separately. I can assemble them. Thanks. Smiley

As far as you owning some litecoins, eh, i figured it was a matter of time. =)
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Ooh very nice! Do you happen to have any pictures of the Aluminum "Strength in Numbers" Promo Coin (bag of about 500)?

Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

Put it in a clear air-tight plastic capsule.

Doesn't quite have the same sound as silver on silver. I will probably just have to "launder" some bitcoins off the silver and into my offline wallet on the coins I want to tinker with.
vip
Just made an order.

I'll send the one-ounce singles in airtites.

The half ounce singles, I will have to either get some airtites or rings, or make some rings (my laser machine can probably make them...done it before)

Thanks for your order BTW, and I'll definitely be ordering some of yours.  (It'll be the only Litecoins I'll probably own)
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
These look so great I had to order a roll as well.  I'll case them up individually and send the best ones off to be graded. Smiley
legendary
Just made an order.

legendary
Any way to buy the 1 ounce silver as blanks?

I am addicted to carrying some silver around in my pocket every day and the holograms won't last.

Put it in a clear air-tight plastic capsule.
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
Any way to buy the 1 ounce silver as blanks?

I am addicted to carrying some silver around in my pocket every day and the holograms won't last.
vip
The 1 btc looks great! I guess I'll have to wait for someone to buy a roll and resell them in smaller quantities...Thanks for making such a cool product man.   Cheesy

I am temporarily offering them as singles.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Ooh very nice! Do you happen to have any pictures of the Aluminum "Strength in Numbers" Promo Coin (bag of about 500)?
legendary
These are very nice! So shiney!  Grin Grin Grin Good job Mike!
Pages:
Jump to: