Pages:
Author

Topic: Piece of Shit Bitcoiners et al. Hall of Fame - page 7. (Read 15813 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257
AlexGR your slimy attempts to obfuscate this discussion with long-winded off topic references as to the motivations of others is irrelevant.

Please stay on the facts of whether Dash was instamined, whether masternodes pay very high dividends to those who control the coin supply, that masternodes destroy the anonymity, masternodes make InstantX insecure (per the high school level math lie"error" I revealed), and whether these facts have been properly documented on Dash's website historically and currently.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045
Documented Darkcoin (DRK i.e. Dash) victim:

did you actually loose money? do you know anybody that actually lost money?

I lost money on darkcoin (DASH). I bought a stack early on before I knew about the instamine. Once I realised the truth I sold for a loss and took the hit. I could have held onto my DASH in the hope of breaking even someday, but I just don't have enough time to follow threads and news for coins I KNOW will fail eventually. My most scarce resource is time! I did the exact same thing with bytecoin (BCN), once I knew it was a scam, I knew it would fail eventually, just not when, so I moved on to spend time resources looking for coins with better chances of mass adoption. I don't regret either decision.

=>

Very reliable "witness":

I own a BIG stack of XMR and respect their dev team.

...and he just so happens to have an issue with BCN and DASH, the two major competitors to XMR...

...and he sold at a loss... "early on"... when that's impossible because early on (meaning three months) darkcoin's price was extremely stable around the 0.0012 - 0.0016 range, until mid April '14 when it exploded upwards by 5-10-15 times. And if he came onboard even ...earlier on, he could have bought for 0.00002x to 0.000x, so it would be mathematically impossible to lose money at the 0.001x range.

TPTB don't be so naive in things related to the Monero community.

Stop playing. It's actually dumb. If this is proof you lost all the reputation you have left.
Do you know how many times I have been "scammed" while trading or investing?

Finding out about basic facts of issuance after investing because it was not mentioned in the prospectus, is a securities law violation of the issuer, not of the investor. Please go learn some basic facts about securities law.

An instamine is a premine and thus they lose all protections against securities law that a decentralized distribution would potentially give them, i.e. where no issuer is in control and thus no issuer exists to provide a prospectus.

Add the fact of the masternode scheme protocol which is paying coins to the developer, so thus there is a centralized party that investors are depending on for their expectations of future value. Thus this development group must issue a factual prospectus. The Dash website is a prospectus and makes certain statements of fact, which omit certain key facts.

Had the tokens not been distributed for investment, perhaps one could argue this token is like a game token and is not a security that investors are basing expectations. But we can see from the linked audio upthread, that Evan is actively planing incentives (such as offering DRK to the centralized exchange, which he asserts can be paid from the funds voted on, so he implies he can control the vote) to make DRK available in multiple centralized exchanges where investors have funds stored for trading. So obviously he is targeting investors.
Activity: 615
Merit: 501

Stop playing. It's actually dumb. If this is proof you lost all the reputation you have left.
Do you know how many times I have been "scammed" while trading or investing?
Documented Darkcoin (DRK i.e. Dash) victim:

did you actually loose money? do you know anybody that actually lost money?

I lost money on darkcoin (DASH). I bought a stack early on before I knew about the instamine. Once I realised the truth I sold for a loss and took the hit. I could have held onto my DASH in the hope of breaking even someday, but I just don't have enough time to follow threads and news for coins I KNOW will fail eventually. My most scarce resource is time! I did the exact same thing with bytecoin (BCN), once I knew it was a scam, I knew it would fail eventually, just not when, so I moved on to spend time resources looking for coins with better chances of mass adoption. I don't regret either decision.
And finally, because prominent Moneroers, certainly including myself and fluffypony among them, are on record repeatedly telling people not to buy Monero unless they are extreme speculators who are comfortable with the fact they will likely lose money.

You are the moderator of a Monero thread where it's constantly being advertised how buying Monero is a good investment and will make the buyer a lot of money. Because you are the moderator, you have chosen to allow such posts being published and remain visible for all greedy noobs ready to lose their money.

If you had an unmoderated thread instead, you wouldn't have taken the responsibility on what remains published and what doesn't upon yourself and the liability would unequivocally fall upwards to the forum moderators and admins alone. As it currently stands, to further back your stance quoted above, perhaps it would be a good idea from both ethical and legal standpoints for you to start deleting at least the most outrageous m00n posts. Unless you think the value of the asset can only go up and no one will ever lose any money thus not getting scammed by your own definition.

He is totally lost.

Actually I have to agree with illodin here. I have warned americanpegasus et al many times, but they seem to be very hard-headed. And smooth seems to downplay the culpability of this promotion in terms of securities law violations. At least now they seem to keep in their own thread, but that still does not negate illodin's point. Nevertheless this is off topic. Monero did not have an instamine nor does it have an ongoing masternode funnel scam. The false advertising of Dash is not admitting the truth about the instamine and ongoing implications of the masternode scheme. Every security has a prospectus which is required by law to make these facts known to the investors. If investors understood the lies of Evan, they would probably have some inkling that a person like that is incapable of leading Dash to successful adoption in the world and also some inkling of the scam they would be investing in and whether that is the sort of ethics they want to support for crypto-currency.
Activity: 183
Merit: 102
this is an awesome list I will keep it in mind and never deal with any of these people.
I recently answered on another thread:

Anyone who bought Dash on the basis, in whole or part, of misleading statements from Evan or the others and then lost money has been scammed.

Prime among those are the ones to whom the instaminers dumped their coins during the initial pump up to 0.0267, a price which has not be reached again in two years. That not only funded the project, it likely put a long of money straight into insiders' pockets. Subsequent pumps and prices inflated by continued double-talk and spin from Evan and others have only added to their ranks.

But smooth, "We're adults therefore any lies that we accept as true (even if advertised) are the fault of our not researching enough (even if developers are actively telling us otherwise), thus scams are impossible"--said the man before being convicted of securities fraud.

But dash isn't a bad coin imo, as I said.

Shitcoins that were fraudulently distributed and continue to be fraudulently distributed with a masternode scam that funnels coins to the insiders (who stole the instamine) perpetually while breaking the security of the anonymity are not bad coins by your illogic.

Nothing is bad. Just eat shit (feces) for breakfast please and report back on your health later.

When you don't understand, why can't you just admit to yourself that you don't understand.

Last time I checked, the colors black and white were distinct. Seems you live in a world with one color: grey. Fried eggs are grey, fried feces is grey, etc...
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
It's no wonder why crypto and especially Bitcoin have such negative mainstream image and fame. The list is long enough but I'm sure there are a lot of scammers missing from it.

I've been saying it for a long time, there's no way Bitcoin can recover from it and achieve true adoption by big companies and serious investors sadly. Our last hope are that chinese flock to BTC as if it was the new gold, and we all know that that's a pipedream, the government will shut it down before it even starts.
And finally, because prominent Moneroers, certainly including myself and fluffypony among them, are on record repeatedly telling people not to buy Monero unless they are extreme speculators who are comfortable with the fact they will likely lose money.

You are the moderator of a Monero thread where it's constantly being advertised how buying Monero is a good investment and will make the buyer a lot of money. Because you are the moderator, you have chosen to allow such posts being published and remain visible for all greedy noobs ready to lose their money.

If you had an unmoderated thread instead, you wouldn't have taken the responsibility on what remains published and what doesn't upon yourself and the liability would unequivocally fall upwards to the forum moderators and admins alone. As it currently stands, to further back your stance quoted above, perhaps it would be a good idea from both ethical and legal standpoints for you to start deleting at least the most outrageous m00n posts. Unless you think the value of the asset can only go up and no one will ever lose any money thus not getting scammed by your own definition.

He is totally lost.
...anti-Evan obsession.

Cheesy
Success breeds jealousy.
Way beyond 0.007.

Initial pump was to 0.007, second was beyond 0.01
legendary
[offtopic]
Yeah wrong word, make it a "friend". I'm not native english speaker... in greek the equivalent of friend is φιλoς* (male) and φιλη (female). English doesn't differentiate genders when you say "friend". You have to add an extra word to explain it instead of an extra letter. It's slightly impractical and then there is extra confusion on top of it (because if you add the girl to the friend, you get girlfriend which has a different meaning).

* Φιλoς / philo (prefix) / philo-sopher = friend of sophia (wisdom).
[/offtopic]
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
girlfriend

Yeah right  Grin Grin Grin

You guys better stick to your Dash-Monero pillow fight, this IRL girlfriend business isn't your strong suit.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

legendary
You know monero trolls are #REKT, when they say Evan belongs in a list of people that substantially ripped people off by quoting:

a) Some idiot in reddit who was saying DRK was issuing 40k DRKs per block
b) Evan saying 0.01 / dash is cheap (current price 0.017) - in other words the trolls had to do one job: Find some incriminating evidence where Evan ripped people of their money and they found evidence where Evan actually made 70% profit for those who factored-in his market analysis in their decision making process
c) An incident about a girl in a bikini.

You are literally wasting this (valuable) thread by your anti-darkcoin / anti-Evan obsession.
legendary
Oh no, Evan is now a scammer because one guy called his bikini girlfriend to the Miami booth... so much scamming everywhere... People lost millions that day when they were seeing that bikini girl. Billions even Cry Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
[logical fallacy]

Using an appeal to the supposed hypocrisy of Dash's critics to deflect their criticism of Dash is a logical fallacy.

I won't confuse you with the fancy Latin term, but you can learn more about it here:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

"Pronounced too-kwo-kwee."

Hope that helps.

Dash, by the way, is an instamined coin with bad crypto and sold using HYIP snake oil marketing.

It's obvious to everyone.  Not sure why Gleb has a soft spot for Duffield, who hasn't risen to the occasion by coming here to defend the instamine, shameless pumping, cargo cult crypto code, etc.

Maybe this has something to do with Gleb's fondness for Duffield's long con:

They've used pretty girls in bikinis all my life to sell cars, so what the heck is it with everyone getting so damn prude in Miami of all places?  Whatever...!

A rowdy, boozy car show is a completely different atmosphere than a calm, professional cryptography conference.

Investment and tech people are mostly there to be serious during business hours and don't expect crude, gimmicky, hard-sell techniques like a stripper in a thong.

Do you think every venue in Miami is appropriate for sleazy come-ons, just Because Miami?  Have you been to Miami?  It's a huge city, and not at all 100% titty bars, clubs, and beaches.

The "damn prude" defense of this incident shows how far you will go to rationalize anything negative about Dash.

Instead of letting it go and supporting an apology for the embarrassed conference security guards/organizers, you deflect with your normal attack-the-attacker strategy.  The 'Dash can do no wrong' act is getting old.

This is what we are supposed to believe is some neckbeard's "girlfriend."

Sorry, not buying it.  Those shoes say "paid by the half-hour" not "Bitcoin widow."   Cheesy

I feel sorry for the guys in the next booth.  They paid to exhibit at BTCMIAMI only to have Dash make it look like they are selling lap dances.

The hooker sex worker cameo was completely unprofessional, and (exactly like the unprofessionalism/incompetency of the Instamine) you just refuse to accept that fact.

Cars are "visual" they are in front you shiny and glamorous...it is normal to boost the image by adding some pretty girls there because it is "visual"

"Digital" "currency" that exist inside the internet is "not visual" so adding some "sexy" "real" person there is really a desperate move  Grin

whoever is responsible here??? is really quiet LOL
legendary
Way beyond 0.007.

...clearly there are many people have been scammed by Monero (XMR) and have lost money, most notably those who bought on the initial pump up to about 0.00777, a price which has not been reached since, but also on later pumps.

When you create a coin, fuel that with deceptive and misleading statements, along with other spin and pumping from the lead dev and a crew of shills, the result is certainly going to be unsustainable pumps to high prices which cause investors to lose money.

The sad part is, you are still doing it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-speculation-753252
Pages:
Jump to: