Pages:
Author

Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459 - page 14. (Read 62220 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Someone in the BitcoinMax thread pointed to the following article:

Zeek Investments shut down by the SEC for being a Ponzi scheme: August 17

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2012/08/17/sec-shuts-down-600-million-internet-ponzi-scheme/

Same day as Pirate shut down his operation

Zeek paid out 1.5% per day, could be pirate was just a bitcoin passthrough to Zeek, taking in 0.5% day...

Dunno.... seems like a big coincidence

His wife was either following or favorited to the Zeek Rewards twitter......  Sadly I saved her fuggin main page but not that as I thought little of it until the friggin twitter page of hers was taken down. Sad
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Someone in the BitcoinMax thread pointed to the following article:

Zeek Investments shut down by the SEC for being a Ponzi scheme: August 17

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2012/08/17/sec-shuts-down-600-million-internet-ponzi-scheme/

Same day as Pirate shut down his operation

Zeek paid out 1.5% per day, could be pirate was just a bitcoin passthrough to Zeek, taking in 0.5% day...

Dunno.... seems like a big coincidence
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Stop wasting time on this "blaa blaa blaa" and lets figure out, how to take this fucker down for good and get the BTC back he stole. Do you really let this scumbag, his family and his "friends  prance off in to the sunset? With your money? Laughing at us all!

EskimoBob most of them still won't even believe he stole anything.  The goal posts just keep getting moved further and further back.  Going after Pirate would be admitting they got conned by the worlds worst con ever.  

I mean lets step back and objectively look at Pirate's offering:
"3,400% APR, send me anonymous irreversible money, I can't tell you how it works just trust me you will be a billionaire in a year or two".

Huh  

I mean shit, even Nigerian scammer wouldn't try something that blatantly scammy.

As long as they don't admit it was a scam they don't have to come to grips with how asininely stupid they were for getting rolled by such an obvious scam.

People like to compare every ponzi to Madoff so lets look at Madoff.  He ran a well respected hedge fund (legit for 20 years before the ponzi), generated fake trades, quarterly summaries, investment outlooks, employed an entire staff (90% who were equally clueless), paid rent, taxes, kept his seat on the exchange (despite not needing it), was routinely audited by CPA, got a seal of approval from the SEC, held a broker dealer license, was personally wealthy before starting the ponzi, and offered realistic albeit somewhat too consistent returns (~11% APR) over the course of over a decade.

Now compare that to "Pirate".  A deadbeat, broke, part-time loser who has multiple lawsuits, criminal convictions, judgements, and foreclosures in his short and otherwise unremarkable adult life.  Someone getting rolled by Madoff well they probably should have seen the warning signs but honestly Madoff was very good at what he did.  Someone getting rolled by Pirate ... what can you say.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
Im also surprised how this shit storm seems to be calming down. From what Ive read this is something that happens regularly on these forums, its almost as if scamming the BTC community is something normal here

It's been almost three weeks, what do you expect? Besides, the people who are actually doing something about it probably aren't going to post on a forum about it, especially since he reads it.
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
File a report with the fbi (ic3)
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Any new irc pirate quotes?

Like, i have ur moneyz and now i want ur hoes, or something like that?

[12:50:01] <@pirateat40> I run off with all the money and enjoying large cocktail drinks with tiny cocktail hats.

http://pastebin.com/gFywdjeU

More interesting part of your log is missing.
As you can see, The Ass Hat form TX is laughing at you all. What keeps surprising me is that there is no serious plan to take this asshole down and do what ever is needed to do with him (court? or what ever you sick mind comes up with).
400+ pussies? No wonder that scumbags like Trendon Shavers and his "friends" (probably only because of the money) are fucking with BTC community time and again.

Stop wasting time on this "blaa blaa blaa" and lets figure out, how to take this fucker down for good and get the BTC back he stole. Do you really let this scumbag, his family and his "friends  prance off in to the sunset? With your money? Laughing at us all!

Im also surprised how this shit storm seems to be calming down. From what Ive read this is something that happens regularly on these forums, its almost as if scamming the BTC community is something normal here
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Thank you! Thank you! ...

[12:50:01] <@pirateat40> I run off with all the money and enjoying large cocktail drinks with tiny cocktail hats.

As you can see, The Ass Hat form TX is laughing at you all. What keeps surprising me is that there is no serious plan to take this asshole down and do what ever is needed to do with him (court? or what ever you sick mind comes up with).
400+ pussies? No wonder that scumbags like Trendon Shavers and his "friends" (probably only because of the money) are fucking with BTC community time and again.

Stop wasting time on this "blaa blaa blaa" and lets figure out, how to take this fucker down for good and get the BTC back he stole. Do you really let this scumbag, his family and his "friends  prance off in to the sunset? With your money? Laughing at us all!

Yes, that is exactly what they do and it's what people have done for quite some time when confronted with losing a confidence game. Perhaps it's just human nature that no one wants to deal with the reality of a man they trusted being a con man. Case in point, ever see the Music Man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Music_Man
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

i LOLed  Grin
Activity: 504
I posted this over in Goat's PPT thread, but I probably should have posted this here:

So what's this I hear about sending a receipt of your GLBSE holdings directly to Pirate in order to be paid out?  I read that in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-bought-some-of-goats-ppts-and-now-pirate-wants-to-deal-with-me-directly-104944

Can anybody verify this is how PPT bond-holders are supposed to recoup their funds?

the correct answer is; he requested for all ppt's to send handle and BTC addy for all sub accounts. 'Bonds' are not able to do this. Several of the PPT's did do this and then heard nothing from Pirate after complying by his deadline. Not a peep since then. Until maybe some other mysterious msg tonight. Seemingly we still have some large investors that I would assume, from their lack of screaming here, are still holding out hope that Pirate will 'pay'...
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
Freenode #btcst

you have to register with gay freenode irc servers.
basically give out an email address if you want.. and then choose a password...

bah. waste of time.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Thanks.

Figures someone takes my name before I can get on. Now I have to use an unsightly _ at the end.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
Freenode #btcst
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So where's the Pirate irc, what server and channel? I want to hear what's going on in there for myself.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks

Supposedly an update tonight, we will see
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

Activity: 812
Of course, I don't believe for a second that you didn't profit. You took a cut from the difference in "interest rates."

no actually, pirate took that cut. just like all the other funds.
Ad astra.
I posted this over in Goat's PPT thread, but I probably should have posted this here:

So what's this I hear about sending a receipt of your GLBSE holdings directly to Pirate in order to be paid out?  I read that in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-bought-some-of-goats-ppts-and-now-pirate-wants-to-deal-with-me-directly-104944

Can anybody verify this is how PPT bond-holders are supposed to recoup their funds?

I think it was just misinterpretation of confusing posts. If Pirate sent out a public request to bondholders, the forums would notice.
I am the one who knocks
I have not seen mention on this on #btcst, for what that is worth.
Pages:
Jump to: