Pages:
Author

Topic: pirate payments list -- accounts paid: 23/459 - page 13. (Read 62220 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Uhh, he was saying that your $1.4 million reasons do not ruin my reputation for life. I agree with him. You take bitcoin far too seriously. Perhaps it's time for a break from the forums.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Uhh, he was saying that your $1.4 million reasons do not ruin my reputation for life. I agree with him. You take bitcoin far too seriously. Perhaps it's time for a break from the forums.

pirate relinquished his throne. MNW is the new King of the Trolls.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Matt ruined his rep for life by making bets he will never pay because it wasn't a ponzi and if true not only was it a ponzi it was a ponzi of a ponzi!

The bet has not ended yet, so let's wait before jumping to conclusions.

Wanna bet? (Escrow only). Smiley

Matt's bet requires that Pirate repay according to terms outlined in his thread which stated interest would be paid up to the minute of repayment. Pirate has already indicated he will NOT be repaying under those terms (interest down the the minute of repayment).  So unless every single creditor voluntarily accepts less he will lose.

Now Pirate probably isn't paying anything but hypothetically if Pirate owed 500K BTC at the time the ponzi went bust and somehow managed to repay 500K BTC in the next three days Matt would still lose.  Pirate would need to not only pay the 500K BTC he doesn't have but throw in a bonus 130,897 BTC in accrued interest over the last three weeks (shows how idiotic 7% per week is) in order for Matt to win.  

So I got ~$1.4 million reasons why Matt will lose the bet.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Matt ruined his rep for life by making bets he will never pay because it wasn't a ponzi and if true not only was it a ponzi it was a ponzi of a ponzi!

Wanna bet? (Escrow only). Smiley

Matt's bet requires that Pirate repay according to terms outlined in his thread which stated interest would be paid up to the minute of repayment. Pirate has already indicated he will NOT be repaying under those terms (interest down the the minute of repayment).  So unless every single creditor voluntarily accepts less he will lose.

Now Pirate probably isn't paying anything but hypothetically if Pirate owed 500K BTC at the time the ponzi went bust and somehow managed to repay 500K BTC in the next three days Matt would still lose.  Pirate would need to not only pay the 500K BTC he doesn't have but throw in a bonus 130,897 BTC in accrued interest over the last three weeks (shows how idiotic 7% per week is) in order for Matt to win.  

So I got ~$1.4 million reasons why Matt will lose the bet.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

You must be a shill ponzi supporter! BURN THE WITCH! SCCAAAAMM!! lulz

Haven't you claimed you gonna prove your 10,000 BTC possession? Where is it then?  Grin

You must be a shill ponzi supporter! BURN THE WITCH! SCCAAAAMM!! lulz
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722

I have no idea if the zeek link is true or not but I find the meta to be awesome.

The PPT operators weren't PPT operators they were ZPTOPPT (Zeek Pass Through Operated By Pirate Pass Through).  LOLZ.  Then Matt ruined his rep for life by making bets he will never pay because it wasn't a ponzi and if true not only was it a ponzi it was a ponzi of a ponzi!

I ruined my rep for life? To whom? Normal people? That was over the second I started using Bitcoin.
donator
Gerald Davis
I have no idea if the zeek link is true or not but I find the meta to be awesome.

The PPT operators weren't PPT operators they were ZPTOPPT (Zeek Pass Through Operated By Pirate Pass Through).  LOLZ.  Then Matt ruined his rep for life by making bets he will never pay because it wasn't a ponzi and if true not only was it a ponzi it was a ponzi of a ponzi!
legendary
Activity: 2072
And Pirate claimed on several occasions that his business made him 10.5% a week, of which he payed out 7% to his investors. And Zeek was offering: 7 x 1.5% = 10.5% a week.

Actually it's 10.98% a week factoring in compound interest.
Which, of course, quite a lot of people fail to do.

obviously pirate's math skills were lacking if he was using zeek-whatever in the first place and thought it was legit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
And Pirate claimed on several occasions that his business made him 10.5% a week, of which he payed out 7% to his investors. And Zeek was offering: 7 x 1.5% = 10.5% a week.

Which, of course, quite a lot of people fail to do.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Yesterday he said he'd have further info later in the evening.  Did anything ever materialize?
Activity: 518
It would also rhyme with pirate claiming to be afraid of BTC price increase, since he would be paid in dollar and owed BTC.
And it would even match his grandiose claims of being part of a much much bigger "thing".

as for the timing, Maged quoted pirate on august 17, 6pm:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-savings-and-trust-is-closing-101339

Not sure how long that was after pirate announced closing shop, but probably only a few hours.

All in all, sounds plausible.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
1) Discover Ponzi scheme.
2) Come up with scheme to steal people's BTC to use the eventual failure of the Ponzi scheme as an excuse to not pay people back.
3) ...
4) Profit.
legendary
You mean that was the time bitlane was declined his withdraw?
donator
Gerald Davis
The "pirate thing" hit the fan exactly on Aug 17th.  That was the day people tried to withdraw were denied and he closed it down to begin repayment on Monday.  Which turned into the next week, which turned into the next two weeks.

Wink
legendary
Zeek paid out 1.5% per day, could be pirate was just a bitcoin passthrough to Zeek, taking in 0.5% day...

Oh yeah that totally makes sense, it relatives the whole pass-through operator thing... However the ZeekRewards.com shutdown occurred on Aug. 17, sometimes sooner than the pirate thing hit the fan.
legendary
Activity: 2072
lol. pirate was duped. i need to dig up my post a while back where i stated pirate was scammed himself
if all of this is true.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Zeek paid out 1.5% per day, could be pirate was just a bitcoin passthrough to Zeek, taking in 0.5% day...

Just posted this info in the BitcoinMax thread:

http://www.zeekrewardsreceivership.com/FAQ.html

There is no claim process yet, there are approximately $225 mln in assets left in inter(national) banks
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: