Pages:
Author

Topic: PM Poker – True Vegas Style Poker with Bitcoin (New) - page 2. (Read 12044 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
The free roll tournaments have been down for about 2 weeks so the site is pretty dead.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
No one plays here anymore? I registered and join the free 10m BTC sng, but no one joined in 20 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
These three tables are currently locked up/frozen:

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Any chance an android app could be made that allows easy access to these games?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
UPDATE

Freeroll has been reduce to 80 mBTC every two hours.

We had to reduce this because of amount of funds leaving site and not play over.

I have been withdrawing anything I won immediately, but would leave it onsite and play with it if:

1) the software was more reliable and didn't keep crashing and
2) there were any real-money games being played

Maybe offering games where money is added to the pot, or games where there's a guaranteed minimum prize pool, but you have to pay to play would help with 2).  SealsWithClubs has a good system, where they have a 50 mBTC freeroll each hour, and a 50 mBTC-to-play game every half hour, with a 400 mBTC guarantee (or something like that).  So winning the freeroll immediately bankrolls you to play the half-hour game.

I don't know what to suggest about 1) though.  Maybe it would be worth hiring someone to take a look at the software and why it's still so unstable.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
UPDATE

Freeroll has been reduce to 80 mBTC every two hours.

We had to reduce this because of amount of funds leaving site and not play over.
legendary
It works for me in WINE, mostly.  I found that deleting my ~/.wine/ folder and reinstalling helped.  Note that such an action will uninstall anything you've installed using WINE, along with all the settings.

I played a couple of days ago and it worked except that both times I got into a big hand an error message popped up and then the client completely crashed.  In both instances I restarted it instantly, but by the time I got back in, my hand had been folded.

There needs to be some kind of automatic disconnect time-bank that will give me time to restart the client when it crashes without folding my hand.  I understand that we don't want to be giving "disconnected" players their full time-to-act every turn, but for players who are really playing and occasionally get disconnected some kind of allowance should be made.

I found a new (to me) bug yesterday.  I was knocked out of a tournament, and clicked 'leave' to leave the table after I had lost.  A fraction of a second after the window closed I saw a pop-up error message saying that the poker table couldn't be found.  I assume the server was trying to update the table I had just left, but the client had already closed the table.  I dismissed the error message, and the client shut down, rather than taking me to the lobby.

There are still far too many little bugs and annoyances at PMPoker for me to consider playing regularly.  If the bugs people reported were fixed, or even acknowledged it would be different, but for now I'm going to have to leave the site alone.

Mr. PMPoker, please post here when you've fixed enough of the little bugs that you think it's worth people trying the site again.

Thanks.  Smiley
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Any work being done to make pm poker compatible with Wine? I still can't get in.
legendary
Each of you split 4th place prize money of 25mbtc, giving each of you 6mbtc.

That's probably what happened.  Now that offline people are forced to put in the big blind every hand, they'll tend to go out at the same time.

I'm having a new problem today.  The game runs fine so long as I keep typing in the chat box.  If I stop talking, the game freezes after about 30 seconds.  I can wait 5 minutes and not see any new cards, or any new action.  If I then type a message and hit return I hear a very rapid sequence of actions, as all the hands over the last 5 minutes get played out super fast, and then everything's back to normal, until I stop typing again.

Very odd, and I've never seen it before.  The software didn't update since yesterday, I don't think.  So I've no idea why it's acting differently today.
legendary
I was away for a while, and before going away I withdrew my balance.

Today I won a tournament, winning 100 mBTC.

That's all I've played since emptying my account, but:

I have 106 mBTC.

Where did the 6 come from?  Is there any way to see a statement of my winnings and losings?  Or only of deposits and withdrawals?  If not, such a feature would be useful.  Something like this:

23-apr-11 12:30am buy-in 0.02/0.04 ring game 1.2 btc
23-apr-11 12:45am cash-out 0.02/0.04 ring game 1.5 btc
23-apr-11 3:34pm buy-in tournament 1+0.1 btc
23-apr-11 5:30pm place #2/8 in tournament: win 2.50 btc
05-nov-11 5:45pm bank error in your favour, collect 0.006 btc
My theory/possible explanation for this 6mbtc:

You played the one tourney you won, but maybe you reg'ed for another one which you subsequently weren't present for. You were then afk/offline for this freeroll, but still finished in 4th place along with three other afks/onlines.

Each of you split 4th place prize money of 25mbtc, giving each of you 6mbtc.

I've seen it happen a number of times. Sometimes two or three or four afk/offlines finish in the money with the same stack size going in to their all-in hand and all lose in a tie for whatever that money spot is and split the prize evenly.
legendary
Oh, and how about remembering my receiving address from last time?  Keeping the last few I used, and showing them when I click in the empty box, or when I type the initial '1' of the address, show the ones that match.  Then I don't have to keep looking it up in the bitcoin client.
legendary
I was away for a while, and before going away I withdrew my balance.

Today I won a tournament, winning 100 mBTC.

That's all I've played since emptying my account, but:

I have 106 mBTC.

Where did the 6 come from?  Is there any way to see a statement of my winnings and losings?  Or only of deposits and withdrawals?  If not, such a feature would be useful.  Something like this:

23-apr-11 12:30am buy-in 0.02/0.04 ring game 1.2 btc
23-apr-11 12:45am cash-out 0.02/0.04 ring game 1.5 btc
23-apr-11 3:34pm buy-in tournament 1+0.1 btc
23-apr-11 5:30pm place #2/8 in tournament: win 2.50 btc
05-nov-11 5:45pm bank error in your favour, collect 0.006 btc
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
The tournament started.  It was noisy.  I clicked 'no sounds' in the bottom left of the table.  It went quiet.  I made it to the final table and it got noisy again.  The 'no sounds' thing was still turned on.  I tried turning it off and on again, but it didn't help immediately.  But eventually I managed somehow to get it to shut up again.

Even when "no sounds" is turned on (and why have a toggle with 'no' in its name?  Why not just call it 'sounds' instead, dropping the negative?) there are still sounds if you're slow to act.

Speaking of sounds, the sounds for normal play are so obnoxious you have to choose no sounds. Normally I like sounds that go with play, but not on PM Poker. Those need to be fixed.
legendary
The tournament started.  It was noisy.  I clicked 'no sounds' in the bottom left of the table.  It went quiet.  I made it to the final table and it got noisy again.  The 'no sounds' thing was still turned on.  I tried turning it off and on again, but it didn't help immediately.  But eventually I managed somehow to get it to shut up again.

Even when "no sounds" is turned on (and why have a toggle with 'no' in its name?  Why not just call it 'sounds' instead, dropping the negative?) there are still sounds if you're slow to act.
legendary
My girlfriend tried playing a pmpoker tournament this morning.  She got the 5 MB update automatically, but when the game started she saw hundreds of error messages, just like I used to.  She tried restarting the client several times, but kept getting the error messages.  The ones about being unable to update SQL tables, with JSON debug strings.

I'm waiting for a tournament to start at the moment.  The client is just sitting there doing nothing, but it's still using 25% of my CPU.  That's not really acceptable for an idle process.  What's it doing with all that CPU?
legendary
When you create a bug, it should be a good one.

They're usually fun to hunt down, but they're not all as cute as this one.  Smiley
When you create a bug, it should be a good one.
legendary
Game "froze" during the 2-hour freeroll (still is frozen even as I post this) when three afk's were forced to go all-in by themselves with no seated players calling. The board was dealt, but apparently the dealer didn't know who to ship the pot to since none of the afk's had any cards and no one who was present was in the hand at that point.

That's a nice bug.  Make a rule that players who aren't present aren't allowed to win any pots, then have a hand where all the players are away.  The code loops around the table skipping the away players trying to find a regular player to give the pot to. Smiley
legendary
Game "froze" during the 2-hour freeroll (still is frozen even as I post this) when three afk's were forced to go all-in by themselves with no seated players calling. The board was dealt, but apparently the dealer didn't know who to ship the pot to since none of the afk's had any cards and no one who was present was in the hand at that point.

The rest of us present are/were just lolwut? So yeah, looks like we found a another bug.
Touranment Guarantee Payouts

All Bitcoin tournaments have a one full table guarantee payout.  Please try them out.

Notice about Fees

Buyin amount for SNG and MTT is the total cost of the tournament, and have the fee built in.
All game with a buyin of 500 mBTC or less have a 8% take.

All SNG Heads-Up will now have a 5% take.

Bounty Game Interest

Was thinking of having a daily Bounty Tournament for 500 mBTC (125 mBTC Bounty), any interest in a bounty tournament?
Pages:
Jump to: