Pages:
Author

Topic: PM Poker – True Vegas Style Poker with Bitcoin (New) - page 3. (Read 12044 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500
2 BTC guarantee at 12:30 AM tonight, eastern time. 200 mBTC buy in. I'll be there!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Good day all Smiley

Does this use the gpu ?

Thx
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Any news re. having the client automatically reconnect after disconnection?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Was in a tourney when the site crashed. Anyone else having problems connecting right now? Am I being blinded off? Beuhler?
legendary
We did have a server crash befor the 5pm PDT tournament and when we came back up that tournament was cancelled.
As to regards of the disconnection, the software should be picking that up, I will check into this more.

I'm using PDT times, and wasn't online at pmpoker until after 5pm.  The game I signed up for was definitely playing after the client reconnected me - I just wasn't in it any more.

I've noticed before that the client no longer auto-reconnects me when I disconnect.

I remember a week or two ago it was very diligent about reconnecting me, and would eventually give an error like "too many disconnections" and just quit (my Internet connection isn't great here - it goes up and down, so auto-reconnection is a must for me) but I've not seen that recently.  It now seems I have to do something like register for a new tournament before it even realises I'm disconnected.  I guess when I'm looking through the lists of players registered for tournaments it's using old cached lists, and not realising for some reason that I'm disconnected.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
We did have a server crash befor the 5pm PDT tournament and when we came back up that tournament was cancelled.
As to regards of the disconnection, the software should be picking that up, I will check into this more.
legendary
Ok, so it’s pretty obvious people are signing up for the freerolls and are just being afk because the blind structure allows them to finish in the money without even playing a hand.

Not just that, but they aren't even sat out of the game, so we have to wait for them to time out every hand, sometimes multiple times per hand (if they're in the big blind position and nobody bets).
legendary
I signed up for the 7pm and 9pm games.  I got knocked out in the first hand of the 7pm so waited 2 hours for the 9pm.  I kept checking the clock as it approached 9pm.  At 9:02pm I noticed it had gone 9pm and the table hadn't opened.  I could still click around the client to see who was registered in the various games.

I noticed I hadn't registered for the 11pm, so I clicked 'buy in' and the client then told me I was disconnected and reconnected me.  By then I had been removed from the 9pm game for being "offline" I guess.

I was online all the time.  The client should notice if it thinks I am disconnected and reconnect me.  It shouldn't be the player's responsibility to babysit it to avoid being thrown out of games they've registered for.  This was only a freeroll, but it would suck if players pay to register for a game and then get removed because the client doesn't reconnect automatically when it disconnects from the server.
legendary
Ok, so it’s pretty obvious people are signing up for the freerolls and are just being afk because the blind structure allows them to finish in the money without even playing a hand.

Can we have these angle-shooters eliminated after being afk for X number of hands in a row, like after five or six hands in row of not acting they get eliminated. Not only does it slow the game down unnecessarily, it’s really killing the game for those who are actually trying to play and have fun.

Thanks.
legendary
UPDATE

OFFLINE Players in the MTT and SNG will now be folded at the time of the last card dealt.  This is the same as most live tournaments where your cards are muck if not in your seat at the time of the last card out.

Rule change for FREEROLL MTT, you must be online at the start of the FREEROLL.  If you are offline you will not be seated.  This only applies to FREEROLLS

As requested we added to 6 player SNG games.

Most of the errors that where happening because of moving player or table collapse should be fixed.
Thank You!

No more of 3 players staring at each other for an hour while the other 7 absentees slowly blind away. Hooray!

Good to see the site working out the bugs and growing with traffic. Looking forward to when the ring games can get going.
legendary
UPDATE

OFFLINE Players in the MTT and SNG will now be folded at the time of the last card dealt.  This is the same as most live tournaments where your cards are muck if not in your seat at the time of the last card out.

Rule change for FREEROLL MTT, you must be online at the start of the FREEROLL.  If you are offline you will not be seated.  This only applies to FREEROLLS

Most of the errors that where happening because of moving player or table collapse should be fixed.

Thanks for the update.  It's good to see you posting here more frequently recently.  I think this is a good place to keep players updated about changes and fixes to the pmpoker software.

I should be back home tomorrow and back at the poker tables.  Smiley
UPDATE

Activity: 614
Merit: 500
I decided to reinstall Wine just to see if I could get PM Poker working, but I'm having the same problem I did before. After I type in my username and password and click login, the screen disappears and nothing else returns.
legendary
The Freeroll is frozen on the Final Table right now...

Hello? Beuhler... Beuhler?

Been stuck like this for the last 10 minutes or so and counting...

legendary
The only thing I could see is maybe the default table window size should be a bit smaller.

If you're not going to allow table resizing yet, then I think you should at least use a table size that will fit on a standard netbook screen.  I think there's a defined standard for the screen resolution of netbooks, and I expect it's smaller than the pmpoker table size.

My girlfriend only ever uses a netbook.  She tried playing pmpoker a couple of days ago but couldn't get as far as seeing a table due to other problems, so I don't know yet whether she would be able to see enough of the table to play.

Edit: I just checked.  Her screen is 1024x600 pixels.  Your tables are 800x600 not including the chat at the bottom.  The chat is a extra 146 pixels tall.  So she would be able to play, but not see any of the chat.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
I have the same issue with it crashing with a flood of exceptions as others have reported, both using Crossover for the Mac (a WINE frontend) and plain old WINE on Peppermint Ice Linux.

However, I also have an unusual condition under Linux, which is that the program boots up, shows the splash screen, and then, if I am at a table, I hear the sounds and so on, but the window is completely invisible.

This might be unique enough to me that it's not worth checking.  It's odd, though.

Also, under OS X, I have difficulty resizing the window to get to the chat input, because the dock is in the way of the bottom of the screen.  I doubt you can do anything about that and the problem there is probably fixable from my end.  The only thing I could see is maybe the default table window size should be a bit smaller.
Hello:

1) Corsby sounds are a diffecult to make anyone happy, I have no clue what type of sound a FOLD should make.

2) I will check on it not rememering the No Game Sound, this might have just been a simple oversight.
Activity: 759
Merit: 502
When I check option "No game sounds" under Option/General preferences and Close the option tab, it never remember this option checked
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
#RIP freemoney
Friendly suggestion/request:

In a freeroll, anyone that has been sitting out/offline/disconnected and misses X number of hands in a row, should be automatically eliminated/pulled.

^ Indeed

Also, the Fold sound, can that be changed to something less harsh ? Still seeing same error popups and complete crashes when starting a new window

legendary
Houston, we have a problem...

During the 9pm FR, client closed down. When trying to reconnect I get this:

Windows 7 32 Home
Not using WINE

EDIT: Are you down for maintenance or updates perhaps?

EDIT2: Working for me now
Pages:
Jump to: