Pages:
Author

Topic: Police State? - page 26. (Read 25882 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501
April 20, 2013, 02:07:56 PM
If that is the definition the word patriot isn't used correctly very often. All self-called patriots I've ever seen are nationalists.

Further if this were true, people would not love "America" because it is much too vast (they would enjoy living in their neighbourhood). Loving America is loving your government and system.

You do not understand the term.  A PATRIOT is a person who lived in the AMERICAN COLONIES under GREAT BRITAIN in the late 1700's.  These people stood TOGETHER against THEIR NATION to rise up and FORM A BETTER NATION.  Patriots are no different that modern guerrillas like the Syrian people who are being killed by a rich guy.

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
April 20, 2013, 02:07:39 PM
But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

It's the same thing. Both of you were brainwashed.

I'd like to object to the term brainwashed.  Watchwoord, do you have no conditioning at all?

You can object to the term brainwashed and I'll replace it with indoctrinated.

Do I have conditioning (like a lot more then I am aware of) but as for loving immaterial things I'll give the example of supporting a football team, caring about the result is totally irrelevant and irrational.  

I am brainwashed by freedom. I believe in freedom and live in a free country.  If that is brainwashing so be it.

Countries and freedom are mutually exclusive because by definition a country is the limitation of freedom.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 02:07:00 PM
All self-called patriots I've ever seen are nationalists.

The media does do its level best to find the worst examples to hold up to the world as "patriots". Many times, they turn out to be fronts for domestic intel:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=hal+turner+fbi&oq=hal+turner+fbi

Further if this were true, people would not love "America" because it is much too vast (they would enjoy living in their neighbourhood). Loving America is loving your government and system.

America is my home. The government isn't.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
April 20, 2013, 02:06:55 PM
 You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?
Message from the State to citizens: the lives of our employees are far more important than your measly existences.

You are clearly not capable of capturing a criminal.  There is really no point in continuing this discussion as you appear to live in a bubble in an ivory tower where there are no bad people.

Wasn't it "by the media" a citizen that caught the 2nd suspect? Lol. The feds just had sloppy seconds because the citizen called it in.
April 20, 2013, 02:05:10 PM
 You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?
Message from the State to citizens: the lives of our employees are far more important than your measly existences.

You are clearly not capable of capturing a criminal.  There is really no point in continuing this discussion as you appear to live in a bubble in an ivory tower where there are no bad people.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 20, 2013, 02:05:00 PM
I think the militarization of our police is a problem.  
How did we go about this before the militarization of our police?

When the terrorists used sticks and stones the authority did too.  When the terrorists started using bombs we deployed Kevlar.

You mean, some terrorists.  There is no "the terrorists".  That's American propaganda.

Would it kill you to finish your posts before you post them?  Roll Eyes  Just like a patriot: "I can't hear you la la la la."
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
April 20, 2013, 02:04:05 PM
Who do we call to take thugs with guns off our street? FYI, thugs with guns "Biggest street gang ever to be known" are the people in the photos in OP.

You are not an American and so your opinion is no more important than last nights dinner.

Rly? Opinion? It's a fact. Get your head out where your last nights dinner was.
April 20, 2013, 02:03:52 PM
You are not an American and so your opinion is no more important than last nights dinner.

As much of the world has been a victim of American foreign policy in the past decades, everyone's opinion has merit.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
April 20, 2013, 02:02:42 PM
i know very little of these matters because it isnt really all that interesting to me but i would bet atleast a dollar that the Boston pd just HAPPENED to receive all this super cool para military gear COINCIDENTALLY right before this shit storm came down. Not that i would in any way insinuate that the police might attempt to manufacture an event inorder to try out their new toys and that this event might accidentally have gone horribly wrong and that the fbi would have taken credit for organizing it just like all the other underwear bombers and Christmas tree bombers if things hadnt happened to have gone horribly wrong.

/sarcasm on or off or something
April 20, 2013, 02:01:52 PM

I am brainwashed by freedom. I believe in freedom and live in a free country.  If that is brainwashing so be it.

Activity: 364
April 20, 2013, 02:01:48 PM

I'd like to object to the term brainwashed.  Watchwoord, do you have no conditioning at all?
legendary
April 20, 2013, 02:01:39 PM
I am wary of anyone who loves their country (aka nationalists).

A nationalist loves their government. A patriot loves their home.

Huge difference.

If that is the definition the word patriot isn't used correctly very often. All self-called patriots I've ever seen are nationalists.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1042
Death to enemies!
April 20, 2013, 02:01:19 PM
I don't know how such cowards managed to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. One armed guy vs. thousands of heavily armed cops riding APC. Overreaction and cowardice. Maybe a public show too.
April 20, 2013, 02:00:40 PM
Who do we call to take thugs with guns off our street? FYI, thugs with guns "Biggest street gang ever to be known" are the people in the photos in OP.

April 20, 2013, 02:00:34 PM

Thank you.

Anytime.
April 20, 2013, 01:59:33 PM
I think the militarization of our police is a problem.  
How did we go about this before the militarization of our police?

When the terrorists used sticks and stones the authority did too.  When the terrorists started using bombs we deployed Kevlar.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 20, 2013, 01:59:27 PM
Not even close.  I love America, the idea.  I dislike plenty of Americans, Bush and Romney among them.  But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

Then you voted for the drone-loving Obama?  As I said, either way, you're voting for the same guy who isn't planning on fixing anything.  And no, it's absolutely the same thing.  You're still not explaining why you love the "idea" of America; which "idea" are we talking about?  The idea of liberty and justice for all?  In case you haven't noticed, we've been losing our liberties for a long time, and the justice system has never worked acceptably.  So which idea of America are you in love with?  And it is called for, until you can clearly and rationally explain this love.  You know what I love?  I love my mother and my girl.  When I have a son, I'll love him too.  I don't love nations, and if I did, I won't love a nation which systematically kills their own citizens and destroys any nation which disagrees with them.  Do you support killing the innocent?  You must, Mr. Patriot!  These are the actions of the very people raised in your home.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2013, 01:20:40 PM
And before I continue down this path, are you an American?
Irrelevant.
I agree with OP.

How can it be irrelevant?  this post is about America.  If you are not American your opinion is worthless on this subject.  Go govern yourself.

I disagree with this, everyone is entitled to an opinion, American or not.
legendary
April 20, 2013, 01:58:43 PM

Pages:
Jump to: