Pages:
Author

Topic: Police State? - page 24. (Read 25882 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 20, 2013, 03:45:44 PM
And can even replace willful ignorance, if so desired.

I think a lot of what we see as willful ignorance is just conditioning brought on by trauma.

If I don't see the Fnord!s they cant hurt me.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 20, 2013, 03:35:55 PM

I think a lot of what we see as willful ignorance is just conditioning brought on by trauma. The govt/media combine works overtime to traumatize people into losing their ability to think critically. It's one of the oldest tricks of tyranny going back to the days when we lived in small bands and cunning individuals learned to manipulate those around them by instilling fear.

"The more afraid you are of me and the more power I can make you think I have, the less likely you are to question me" is the guiding light of all tyrants, abusers and sadists that have ever lived.
April 20, 2013, 03:26:12 PM
Luckily, advocating the State requires only a calcified worldview and willful ignorance.

Lack of heart, soul, duende or whatever one wishes to call it also helps.
April 20, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
Luckily, advocating the State requires only a calcified worldview and willful ignorance.

Lack of heart, soul, duende or whatever one wishes to call it also helps.
April 20, 2013, 03:23:19 PM
(read:narcissist).

He exhibits empathy so he's not a narcissist.

In my experience, narcissists are attracted to the doctrines of the State and its collectivist offshoots. Emotionally functioning human beings are drawn to philosophies that are more in tune with individual liberties over the power  of the State.
April 20, 2013, 03:10:45 PM
I'm in my 50's and learn a lot here from people younger than I am.

Im not 50 yet, but it takes a certain degree of experience to wield the big microphone Mike is trying to wield... but he aint there yet.  Most "kids" don't have it.  He just like to talk to hear himself.
Luckily, advocating the State requires only a calcified worldview and willful ignorance. You've got that wrapped.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
April 20, 2013, 03:06:45 PM

Im not 50 yet, but it takes a certain degree of experience to wield the big microphone Mike is trying to wield... but he aint there yet.  Most "kids" don't have it.  He just like to talk to hear himself.  I mean look at his avatar, doesn't it tell you everything you need to know about this young naive one?  (read:narcissist).
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 20, 2013, 02:46:18 PM
So I'm stupid, because I'm not as old as you?  And you're smart because you're older?

You're officially old when you decide to stop learning.

I would've never guessed Grin  And that scene is hilarious!
April 20, 2013, 02:40:10 PM
So I'm stupid, because I'm not as old as you?  And you're smart because you're older?

You're officially old when you decide to stop learning.
legendary
April 20, 2013, 02:37:25 PM
Let me make is as simple as I can, simpleton:
The other price is having to put up with people who like to talk more than think.

You are not a day over 25.

Lol.  So I'm stupid, because I'm not as old as you?  And you're smart because you're older?

You realize how this can lead someone to believe they're intelligent, when they're dumb as nails, don't you?  Of course not, if you believe you're wiser because you're older.  You could tell me the sky was pink and I'd have to believe it, because you're older, right?

Listen: come back when you have a real argument to present.  You're not convincing anyone you have a lick of brain matter left after your head's been fried from American propaganda.

I mean, really: anyone who believes "If you're not an American, your points are irrelevant" cannot be thinking.  You may be over the hill, but until you outgrow your belief in the Santa Clause, you're still a kid to me.
April 20, 2013, 02:32:50 PM
You could be in chains tomorrow and you'll somehow equate it to freedom.

NAIL SOME SENSE INTO THEM, I SAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI7p2p1QJI
Activity: 364
April 20, 2013, 02:31:37 PM
The other price is having to put up with people who like to talk more than think.

irrelevent:  ^
April 20, 2013, 02:30:04 PM

legendary
April 20, 2013, 02:24:43 PM
You sound like you're a-okay with everything America does.

LOL.  You sound like a simpleton who wishes the world could be so simple.  No I am an American who is proud to live among smart people in the most beautiful place in the world.  And I accept that to live in a free society, like I do, that I must put up with the fact that stupid people will continue to try to hurt Americans because they are jealous of us and what we've accomplished.  This is the price of living in a free country.  The other price is having to put up with people who like to talk more than think.  I'm surprised you live outside Austin, tbh.

Roll Eyes  And I'm assuming you're supposed to be one of them?

That's all very nice, Mr. Patriot, but feel free to read the rest of my post.  Grin

Why leave, when I can do the work you refuse to do?  If to be a patriot is to believe in freedom, then you should be fighting against America and its tyrannical policies.  You sound like you're a-okay with everything America does.  If a patriot is to be deeply, madly in love with anything and everything your country does, then you're not a patriot.  You're just a fan.  You could be in chains tomorrow and you'll somehow equate it to freedom.
Activity: 364
April 20, 2013, 02:21:03 PM

It's this same reason why I stopped arguing with priests Grin  You can't win; their entire world view and life depends on them winning every argument.

Priests, statists and Federal Reserve employees all share the irrational bug. : )
April 20, 2013, 02:20:27 PM
You sound like you're a-okay with everything America does.

LOL.  You sound like a simpleton who wishes the world could be so simple.  No I am an American who is proud to live among smart people in the most beautiful place in the world.  And I accept that to live in a free society, like I do, that I must put up with the fact that stupid people will continue to try to hurt Americans.  This is the price of living in a free country.  

The other price is having to put up with people who like to talk more than think.  I'm surprised you live outside Austin, tbh.
April 20, 2013, 02:18:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Tim Berners-Lee invented a protocol known as WWW which worked on a network built buy American Universities and funded by the Department of Defense.  Sure I'll end with that...  (until someone else speaks).

So what nationality is the original developer of Bitcoin?
legendary
April 20, 2013, 02:18:08 PM

well this all degraded suddenly. 

Opinions based in emotion and irrational thought tend towards degraded conversation.

Hence, the internet. Smiley

It's this same reason why I stopped arguing with priests Grin  You can't win; their entire world view and life depends on them winning every argument.
nak
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
April 20, 2013, 02:17:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Tim Berners-Lee was British. Get your facts right, son.

I'm pretty sure Tim Berners-Lee invented a protocol known as WWW which worked on a network built buy American Universities and funded by the Department of Defense.  Sure I'll end with that...  (until someone else speaks).

And what protocol are we all posting on right now? Don't get pedantic.
Pages:
Jump to: