Pages:
Author

Topic: [POLL] What altcoins will survive the next 12 months? - page 2. (Read 9540 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I think community coin good for now and future  Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
i think potcoin will do goood as soon as they have a solid biz plan
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
My view is that Litecoin is still regarded as the "standard" to which script based coins are benchmarked. So I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Smiley

Do altcoins really need a scrypt standard? Since their value already systematically follows that of BTC anyway.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Come on...Myriadcoin!!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
My view is that Litecoin is still regarded as the "standard" to which script based coins are benchmarked. So I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Smiley
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
I recently built a small position in HoboNickels.

After doing some research I found the fundamentals, community and developers very solid compared to the marketcap. It is a hybrid PoW (scrypt) & PoS coin with an attractive stake reward. So I'll mainly use it for PoS mining over the next year or so.

...Also I guess I got a bit tired of the 'coin' postfix :)
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Too bad we can't choose more than 1, or prioritize. My list (based on a combination of factors) might look something like this:
1. Blackcoin
2. Pesetacoin
3. Darkcoin
4. Fluttercoin

I'm surprised how little I hear in terms of development and promotion for litecoin. Seems like the only advantage it has is that it was among the first clones of bitcoin. If I could short it I would. Even dogecoin or mintcoin likely has more staying power than LTC.
I dont think litecoin has much future, its difficulty has dropped significantly, although once ASICS become more common, everyone will direct their hashpower at it as a quick pump and dump. I dont see any advantage with LTC other than its faster than bitcoin and was ASIC proof at the time.

There are many coins all with good features, i feel that we will see probably POS coins being the most successful in the long term, but here is my list of coins that i feel will have major success:
1: NXT
2:Blackcoin
3:Darkcoin
4:Megacoin

Fluttercoin is too new to judge its potential, as goes with stabilityshares.
I think we will see Doge being around for some time, but dont know high it will reach.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
1. NEM-coin
2. EXO-coin
3. NXT-coin
4. BC
5. PPC
6. LTC
7. NMC
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1036
Too bad we can't choose more than 1, or prioritize. My list (based on a combination of factors) might look something like this:
1. Blackcoin
2. Pesetacoin
3. Darkcoin
4. Fluttercoin

I'm surprised how little I hear in terms of development and promotion for litecoin. Seems like the only advantage it has is that it was among the first clones of bitcoin. If I could short it I would. Even dogecoin or mintcoin likely has more staying power than LTC.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
PESETACOIN Smiley
legendary
fluttercoin does indeed look interesting, its a good way to encourage distribution.
2014 is going to be the year we see coins switch to POS and POT, and perhaps x11 mining, all these ASIC farms cant just keep running forever, its a ridiculous amount of energy needed to keep something like this alive.
Have added it to the poll.
I'm no technical expert you would have to ask paspi, he is the person working on it. He probably won't disclose everything until it is done, and he shouldn't, since he has been putting a lot of work into it and would like to be the first to release such a wallet.

Ok thanks. It's intriguing, I'll follow the news about this.
I really think fluttercoin will have exploded by then

Proof of transaction really brings something new to the table.

Just saw this. I agree. Fluttercoin is the only truly technologically innovative coin I see on the market. The potential effect that PoT could have on the economics of the coin is very interesting IMHO.
I vote for Mintcoin because it is actually making efforts to have an impact in the real-world: http://mintcoinfund.org/
The community is strong and full of people who are in it for more than making a quick buck.
Also, Mintcoin might be the first to have a fully functional (and secure) PoS android wallet. Which will be open source and benefit all PoS coins.

I think Fluttercoin (PoW/PoS/PoT hybrid) should be added to the list, I doubt it will get the votes it deserves because it seems like few people know about or appreciate it but it deserves a lot more recognition considering it is one of the first truly innovative coins since PoS was invented. I mean, it invented an entirely new reward system (Proof-of-Transaction) that helps incentivize spending/using of the coin- this is the perfect counterpart for PoS systems since PoS incentivizes saving/holding.

How can the android wallet work for PoS, with a blockchain that's already so big?

I'm no technical expert you would have to ask paspi, he is the person working on it. He probably won't disclose everything until it is done, and he shouldn't, since he has been putting a lot of work into it and would like to be the first to release such a wallet.
I vote for Mintcoin because it is actually making efforts to have an impact in the real-world: http://mintcoinfund.org/
The community is strong and full of people who are in it for more than making a quick buck.
Also, Mintcoin might be the first to have a fully functional (and secure) PoS android wallet. Which will be open source and benefit all PoS coins.

I think Fluttercoin (PoW/PoS/PoT hybrid) should be added to the list, I doubt it will get the votes it deserves because it seems like few people know about or appreciate it but it deserves a lot more recognition considering it is one of the first truly innovative coins since PoS was invented. I mean, it invented an entirely new reward system (Proof-of-Transaction) that helps incentivize spending/using of the coin- this is the perfect counterpart for PoS systems since PoS incentivizes saving/holding.

How can the android wallet work for PoS, with a blockchain that's already so big?

I think Fluttercoin (PoW/PoS/PoT hybrid) should be added to the list, I doubt it will get the votes it deserves because it seems like few people know about or appreciate it but I think it deserves a lot more recognition considering it is one of the first truly innovative coins since PoS was invented. I mean, it invented and utilizes an entirely new reward system (Proof-of-Transaction) that helps incentivize spending/using of the coin- this is the perfect counterpart for PoS systems since PoS generally incentivizes saving/holding.
legendary
why am i hearing so much about Community coin lately?
I guess its because its fairly new, from what i gather though, its just another NXT clone.
I think all new coins will be going either X11, POS or POT

Can't say you are wrong.
You are damned wrong!
COMM is 100%PoS with free & fair distribution.
OK, perhaps not, its just that their addresses looked the same as NXT, it appears to be based on peercoin.
Personally im getting sick of seeing the same old wallet for all these coins, they are just all based on the same code, yes they do have improvements, but they look all too similar.
Anyway whats up with zeitcoin?
Will this be as successful as Blackcoin?
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
COMM & NXT  Grin Grin
+1
COMM will land on Mintpal soon.
Maybe I'm not informed enough but what are inovations for LTC for past six months? And BTC is so slow that I spend half day when I need to make some exchange.

+1. Coins should not be more popular simply because they are older. The appeal of LTC was to make an ASIC-resistant coin, which it is not anymore; it should not still have its place has the biggest altcoin. Bitcoin mining is also flawed since it takes so much ressource and centralization is a problem; the future is for PoS like Peercoin.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
COMM & NXT  Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: