Author

Topic: Pollard's kangaroo ECDLP solver - page 122. (Read 55599 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 350
May 26, 2020, 12:59:33 PM
-snip-
1FoundByJLPKangaroo111Bht3rtyBav8
-snip-
Jean_Luc adress https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FoundByJLPKangaroo111Bht3rtyBav8

This address is just for small transactions to keep tracking for the history Smiley Not for real funds. As said earlier, Jean_Luc does not control the private key from this address. So, if somebody wants sent to Jean_Luck real funds, better ask him for the address for donations. And do not use this address.
Activity: 30
Merit: 122
May 26, 2020, 12:49:41 PM
The expected number of DP's is just an average.

Here's the problem though: each kangaroo on the GPU makes maybe 20 hops per second. It is going to take a very long time (e.g. 2^28 / 20 seconds) before a DP actually represents ~2^28 points.

This is why zielar's run is taking so long (barring any bugs). They have many DPs but the average walk is far less than 2^28.

To find the optimal DP bits you need to consider your total MKeys/sec, the number of kangaroos, and the number of hops each kangaroo can make per second.

Also full disclosure: I have been working on puzzle 110 since March 31st using my own implementation but will probably not finish by Sunday.
Activity: 846
Merit: 22
$$P2P BTC BRUTE.JOIN NOW ! https://uclck.me/SQPJk
May 26, 2020, 12:45:20 PM
If somebody found a key, I would really appreciate that 1 satoshi from the solved address is given to
Thanks Wink

@etar
If you choose DP=26 you still have a large overhead (you will need 2 times more iterations), DP=24 should be ok but needed RAM will also growth.

Zielar, you see nOW ? But for multipubkey need to do DONATION TO JEAN_LUCK ALL PEOPES WITH SUPERB POWER(LIKE YOU) MAN !

Jean_Luc adress https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FoundByJLPKangaroo111Bht3rtyBav8
Activity: 277
Merit: 106
May 26, 2020, 12:43:32 PM
OK, I am asking for summary information because it seems to me that I am asking it again and I do not know what to do. The question is whether in my situation:
- should I continue with CURRENT clients?
- if so - how long can it last and what is the chance that I will come to a solution?
- if not - what should the start command of new clients look like?
- what should the server start command look like?
- what is the most reasonable option for me right now?

I am already using the new server as I took the opportunity to disable it when changing the progress save file.
BTW. Can i look at JeanLuc wallet address? :-)
May 26, 2020, 12:36:01 PM
If somebody found a key, I would really appreciate that 1 satoshi from the solved address is given to
Thanks Wink
-snip-
Is this the address you control the private key, or did you just create "beautiful" address? So funds sent there will be burned...

A beautiful address Smiley

@jean luc maybe you can manage it to create a community server and when key will be found everyone get the piece for the work he have done.

And you will get your dev fee btc too

Quite a hard task to make it secure and to develop...

Jean !!!

No multi pubkeys please !!!

Code:
will add multi key support

Man, with 1 key you can get more then you need. Like all others.

If you need multy pub keys you can fined a programmer and getmulti pub only for You ! I think you not thant sha3 in bitcoin network tomorrow after Jean publish a multypub reliase.

It’s easy to pay to JeanLuc, than try to find programmer who spend xxx time to understand and make what you need)

Oh, Man, kill so superb soft more easy whit multypubkey. I think you not so PC power like HarwareCollector or Zielar, so use this software. SO NO MULTY PUBKEYS !!! All who whant multypubkeys DONATE TO JEAN_LUCK 'SOME''BTC FIRST, AFTER ASK HIM ABOUT MULTYPUBKEYS. NOW BALLANCE OF JEAN PUBKEY IS 0 !!! I'M LUCKING TO HIM WALLET ADRESS  Sad AND FUC*, IF YOU THANT FOMEONE WORK FOR YOU FO FREE DO IT YOURSELF !!!
Activity: 36
Merit: 1
May 26, 2020, 12:28:21 PM
Thanks Wink
-snip-
Is this the address you control the private key, or did you just create "beautiful" address? So funds sent there will be burned...

@jean luc maybe you can manage it to create a community server and when key will be found everyone get the piece for the work he have done.

Jean !!!

Code:

If you need multy pub keys you can fined a programmer and getmulti pub only for You ! I think you not thant sha3 in bitcoin network tomorrow after Jean publish a multypub reliase.

It’s easy to pay to JeanLuc, than try to find programmer who spend xxx time to understand and make what you need)
Activity: 91
Merit: 3
May 26, 2020, 12:09:50 PM
Maybe maybe not
May 26, 2020, 12:06:43 PM
Thanks Wink
-snip-

Jean !!!

Code:

May 26, 2020, 11:59:24 AM
Btw I have dp 34 for 115 bit pub key Expected calculations are 2^58. Does it make sense or should I decrease the dp size I have 8 GB RAM
May 26, 2020, 11:51:03 AM
Alright so before you create server you will apply multi pub key?

You told after fixing the server crash problems you will add multi key support.
Activity: 462
Merit: 696
May 26, 2020, 11:43:20 AM
Thanks Wink
-snip-

Activity: 443
Merit: 350
May 26, 2020, 11:20:52 AM
Thanks Wink
-snip-

May 26, 2020, 11:09:44 AM

May 26, 2020, 10:53:24 AM
Edit: but when for ex. we want create pool to do job toghether, we don`t know how many kangaroos will be totaly, because we don`t know how many GPU will be used.
How calculate correct DP in that case?

If you launch a server and you wait for an arbitrary number of kangaroo you cannot choose an optimal DP.
So it could be good to choose it according to the RAM you have on the server but you may fall in RAM overflow if too much kangaroo participate.
In that case, the server should be much improved: it must manage kangaroos and distribute kangaroo to clients. This is a hard task.

May 26, 2020, 10:40:45 AM
Thanks Wink

@etar
If you choose DP=26 you still have a large overhead (you will need 2 times more iterations), DP=24 should be ok but needed RAM will also growth.
Activity: 616
Merit: 312
May 26, 2020, 10:30:25 AM
I recall choose nbKangaroo * 2^dpbit the smallest possible comparing 2^55.5
So the best choice in this case was using DP=26 ?
Code:
range 2^ 109.0
expected OP 2^ 55.5
DPbit: 26
total GPU: 383
Kangaroos per GPU 2^ 21.09
totalkangaroo 2^ 29.671200581924957
Nkangaroo*2^DPbit = 2^ 55.67120058192496
Edit: but when for ex. we want create pool to do job toghether, we don`t know how many kangaroos will be totaly, because we don`t know how many GPU will be used.
How calculate correct DP in that case?
May 26, 2020, 09:59:01 AM
I like the race between HardWareCollector and zielar Smiley

To choose the DP mask, you first have to calculate your kangaroo number.

460000Mkeys with 2080 Ti (default setting) at ~1.2GKs
=> 383 boards * 2^21.09 = 2^29.6 kangaroo
DP28 => overhead = 2^29.6 * 2^28 = 2^57.6

The overhead here is greater than the expected number of iteration.
As said by HC, DP28 is too large for so much kangaroo and 109bit range.

I recall choose nbKangaroo * 2^dpbit the smallest possible comparing 2^55.5

Edit:
And avoid restarting clients, each time you restart a client, you add more kangaroos and stop others (you break paths)

Edit 2:
The suggested DP is a bad approximation and depend on number of kangaroo, so it differs from a configuration to an other.
Activity: 277
Merit: 106
May 26, 2020, 09:57:17 AM
In  all of the experiments that I’ve done with Jean_Luc’s software, I don’t recall going that long (~4.6(sqrt(N)) without some sort of a collision with a properly chosen DP mask, something might be wrong there. But what I find even more interesting is your choice of a very high 28-bit mask, how did you decide that this was the proper choice
DP = 28 suggested the application, so I did as suggested, because I was not informed enough to determine this value myself at a lower level

Dude, with your insane power you just have to wait less than few days to scan the full range of keys, what do you want more ?

clear assurance that continuing to work in the current mode will result in a key result
May 26, 2020, 09:40:02 AM
Yes I switched to Visual Studio 2019 and Cuda 10.2.
Unfortunately I can't build Cuda 10 in the next few days.
Activity: 616
Merit: 312
May 26, 2020, 09:36:38 AM
I published the 1.6.

GPUEngine: CudaGetDeviceCount CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version
compiled with 10.2?
Jump to: